11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I sent in everything I needed to over the Easter holidays, as did my fiance, and as of a couple hours ago I just got my interview date!

It's on the 9th of May at the US Consulate in Auckland, NZ. Which I'm surprised at since they told me to expect an opening window on the 23rd of May - but I'm not complaining. It's one step closer to closing the distance once and for all with my soon-to-be husband.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with hotels... my mother may be coming with me but just going off the price of travel and the hotel prices alone, I'm debating biting the bullet and my anxiety down and going it alone.

Open to any advice or tips about the interview if anyone has any to offer, I called my fiance as soon as I saw the email, he's extremely happy  ❤️ 

I-129F Case Received - August 29 2018

I-129F Approved - January 27 2019

Case Moved to Consulate - March 05 2019

Medical Exam Completed - March 21 2019

Interview - Done and Accepted on May 9th 2019 ❤️ 

Moved countries on May 19

27 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

I sent in everything I needed to over the Easter holidays, as did my fiance, and as of a couple hours ago I just got my interview date!

It's on the 9th of May at the US Consulate in Auckland, NZ. Which I'm surprised at since they told me to expect an opening window on the 23rd of May - but I'm not complaining. It's one step closer to closing the distance once and for all with my soon-to-be husband.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with hotels... my mother may be coming with me but just going off the price of travel and the hotel prices alone, I'm debating biting the bullet and my anxiety down and going it alone.

Open to any advice or tips about the interview if anyone has any to offer, I called my fiance as soon as I saw the email, he's extremely happy  ❤️ 

Yay!   You got this, Lynxwarden.  One thing you can do now is to gather up any additional evidence of time spent together since you filed.  Did you have another visit?  It probably won't even be asked for, but doesn't hurt to have.  Your fiancé should be sending the I-134, along with supporting documentation.  

My husband had some anxiety also, although it was his second interview there (successful B-2 interview a couple of years earlier).  When was your medical?  Alec had his the same week as the interview, so unfortunately the consulate hadn't received it from the civil surgeon yet, so we were in AP until they got it (about a week or so).  

There are a number of reviews of the Auckland consulate here on VJ, which you should read just to familiarize yourself with the set-up there.

Feel free to keep in touch and let me know if you have any Qs!

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Yay!   You got this, Lynxwarden.  One thing you can do now is to gather up any additional evidence of time spent together since you filed.  Did you have another visit?  It probably won't even be asked for, but doesn't hurt to have.  Your fiancé should be sending the I-134, along with supporting documentation.  

My husband had some anxiety also, although it was his second interview there (successful B-2 interview a couple of years earlier).  When was your medical?  Alec had his the same week as the interview, so unfortunately the consulate hadn't received it from the civil surgeon yet, so we were in AP until they got it (about a week or so).  

There are a number of reviews of the Auckland consulate here on VJ, which you should read just to familiarize yourself with the set-up there.

Feel free to keep in touch and let me know if you have any Qs!

Thank you! I'm super nervous and excited, I miss him terribly and I'm so happy we may be reuniting sooner than expected. He sent his I-134 form with his paystub that he was asked to send up

My medical was on the 21st of March, I'll have to get some extra stuff from my doc since at the time of the interview, I wasn't sure of my vaccination history so some part of the form the examiner sent up state that I still need an MMR vaccine. I've visited only once last year, he visited the year before that. I still have my plane tickets and I'm thinking of printing out some photos from my trip there (they include ones of group photos with his mum, his brothers and their partners).

4 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

Thank you! I'm super nervous and excited, I miss him terribly and I'm so happy we may be reuniting sooner than expected. He sent his I-134 form with his paystub that he was asked to send up

My medical was on the 21st of March, I'll have to get some extra stuff from my doc since at the time of the interview, I wasn't sure of my vaccination history so some part of the form the examiner sent up state that I still need an MMR vaccine. I've visited only once last year, he visited the year before that. I still have my plane tickets and I'm thinking of printing out some photos from my trip there (they include ones of group photos with his mum, his brothers and their partners).

Sounds like you're set!  We were amazed at how rapid the entire process was after our NOA2.  From the day he received his visa to his biometrics appointment for the green card was only like 7 weeks!  Auckland is extremely efficient and competent, and not as busy as other consulates.

Hi @Lynxwarden 

Congrats and all the best for your interview! I’m sure it will all go well :) 

When you mentioned that they said there won’t be interview openings until May 23rd, was that advised by the Auckland consulate? 

Ive been waiting for an interview to be scheduled by NVC since March 6th and as I understand, NVC waits for the Auckland embassy to provide available interview slots then schedules accordingly. But I’ve been waiting for so long and I have seen others from NZ who already have interviews and their documents were accepted after mine. 

Hello @Jorgedig I noticed you mentioned above that Auckland are efficient and competent. That’s what I thought too but I’ve been anxiously waiting for my interview for almost 2 months and I’m about to lose my mind! 

Edit: this is for the CR-1/IR-1 visa :) 

Edited by kalikala

Timeline
28 minutes ago, kalikala said:

Hi @Lynxwarden 

Congrats and all the best for your interview! I’m sure it will all go well :) 

When you mentioned that they said there won’t be interview openings until May 23rd, was that advised by the Auckland consulate? 

Ive been waiting for an interview to be scheduled by NVC since March 6th and as I understand, NVC waits for the Auckland embassy to provide available interview slots then schedules accordingly. But I’ve been waiting for so long and I have seen others from NZ who already have interviews and their documents were accepted after mine. 

Hello @Jorgedig I noticed you mentioned above that Auckland are efficient and competent. That’s what I thought too but I’ve been anxiously waiting for my interview for almost 2 months and I’m about to lose my mind! 

Edit: this is for the CR-1/IR-1 visa :) 

First off thank you! And I'm sorry that you've had a really long wait for your interview, that sucks 😕 

When they emailed me, the Consulate said that the openings wouldn't be available till the 23rd of May. So I was expecting a really long wait, but they said if there was a cancellation that it would be earlier... I guess there was given how much earlier it is. (I'm going for a K1 visa for some more info). Have you sent your letter requesting an interview? I hope you get yours soon too, I know how much the waiting sucks :( 

5 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

First off thank you! And I'm sorry that you've had a really long wait for your interview, that sucks 😕 

When they emailed me, the Consulate said that the openings wouldn't be available till the 23rd of May. So I was expecting a really long wait, but they said if there was a cancellation that it would be earlier... I guess there was given how much earlier it is. (I'm going for a K1 visa for some more info). Have you sent your letter requesting an interview? I hope you get yours soon too, I know how much the waiting sucks :( 

Thank you! Yes the wait really sucks. We submitted the spouse visa application last year in February so it’s been a long journey. 

By the way I had applied for the K1 visa in 2017 and had an interview in Auckland (I’m from Wellington) and it all went well. So you have nothing to worry about and you will be fine!! 

Long story short, after we got married in the US we decided to move to Wellington. Then last year we decided to move back to the US so I had to go through the painful process of applying again but this time with the spouse visa. 

If you have any questions about the K1 interview let me know :) 

Sorry to be a pain but when you say openings won’t be available til May 23 - did they mean that you wouldn’t have been able to schedule an interview until May 23? Or were they saying that there isn’t any available interview slots until May 23? 

For the spouse visa you have to wait for your interview to be scheduled by NVC (another department). NVC waits for the Auckland embassy to send available interview dates and then NVC fills in those dates. But it seems they have filled in the dates for other people and their paperwork was submitted after mine. So I’m just really anxious and confused as to why I haven’t gotten an interview yet! 

Timeline
22 hours ago, kalikala said:

Thank you! Yes the wait really sucks. We submitted the spouse visa application last year in February so it’s been a long journey. 

By the way I had applied for the K1 visa in 2017 and had an interview in Auckland (I’m from Wellington) and it all went well. So you have nothing to worry about and you will be fine!! 

Long story short, after we got married in the US we decided to move to Wellington. Then last year we decided to move back to the US so I had to go through the painful process of applying again but this time with the spouse visa. 

If you have any questions about the K1 interview let me know :) 

Sorry to be a pain but when you say openings won’t be available til May 23 - did they mean that you wouldn’t have been able to schedule an interview until May 23? Or were they saying that there isn’t any available interview slots until May 23? 

For the spouse visa you have to wait for your interview to be scheduled by NVC (another department). NVC waits for the Auckland embassy to send available interview dates and then NVC fills in those dates. But it seems they have filled in the dates for other people and their paperwork was submitted after mine. So I’m just really anxious and confused as to why I haven’t gotten an interview yet! 

I had a look back through my email and I got to get the wording they used when they talked about the interview openings, this is what was said. I hope it's of some help or at least insightful;

"As soon as we receive the documents, we schedule you the very next available appointment. This changes from day to day. Our current vacancies for interviews start on  May 23, unless there is a cancelation. We don’t normally have people cancel their interviews."

What was your interview like if you don't mind me asking? I'm really nervous for mine, so I'm just wondering how long yours was, what it was like, how'd it go etc.? (if you don't mind sharing, of course.)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

10 hours ago, Lynxwarden said:

I had a look back through my email and I got to get the wording they used when they talked about the interview openings, this is what was said. I hope it's of some help or at least insightful;

"As soon as we receive the documents, we schedule you the very next available appointment. This changes from day to day. Our current vacancies for interviews start on  May 23, unless there is a cancelation. We don’t normally have people cancel their interviews."

What was your interview like if you don't mind me asking? I'm really nervous for mine, so I'm just wondering how long yours was, what it was like, how'd it go etc.? (if you don't mind sharing, of course.)

Thank you! That helps! 

From what I remember, after going through security there was a short wait time until I got called to do some fingerprints and then I paid some fees. 

Then I got told to wait again until I was called up to a window booth type thing. So you won’t be going into a small room. 

The officer was friendly, he had my papers in front of him and as he went through them he asked some questions. The one I remembered was “how did you meet your fiancé?”, “what does he do”. 

It was only a few questions. Then that was it! He said you’re approved and that your passport will come in the mail. 

I wish you the best, I’m sure it will all go well :) 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:43 AM, kalikala said:

Kia Ora!

Hopefully you will get your interview appointment soon.  I am not sure if the scheduling is the same for K-1 vs IR/CR-1.  My husband's K-1 interview was scheduled about 10 days after he filled out the DS-160, so it was lightning-quick.  This was last September. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.