mch1234

Documentation Establishing Eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status

11 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello,

I received my Form I-797C Notice of Action for my Green Card interview on May 1st. The list of items that I am required to bring with me to the interview includes "all documentation establishing eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status". I feel like all of the other documents that I am bringing with me should cover that requirement? I don't understand if they are referring to something specific that I am not aware of? I've waited so long for this interview that I don't want to miss anything!

Thanks in advance! 

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2019 at 12:57 PM, mch1234 said:

Hello,

I received my Form I-797C Notice of Action for my Green Card interview on May 1st. The list of items that I am required to bring with me to the interview includes "all documentation establishing eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status". I feel like all of the other documents that I am bringing with me should cover that requirement? I don't understand if they are referring to something specific that I am not aware of? I've waited so long for this interview that I don't want to miss anything!

Thanks in advance! 

Have you received any updates since May 1. How far out is the interview?

Timeline
2 hours ago, GeeRaf said:

Have you received any updates since May 1. How far out is the interview?

My interview was on May 1st. I was approved on the spot and I got my Green Card in the mail the following week! I've been busy applying for jobs since then. It's such a great feeling when things finally start falling into place!

Edited by mch1234

4 minutes ago, mch1234 said:

Yes, I was approved on the spot and I got my Green Card in the mail the following week! I've been busy applying for jobs since then. It's such a great feeling when things finally start falling into place!

Congratulations! I know it's an awesome feeling. What happens after the application is mailed? We're mailing ours tomorrow.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, GeeRaf said:

Congratulations! I know it's an awesome feeling. What happens after the application is mailed? We're mailing ours tomorrow.

Thanks! After we mailed our application, we got a notification through mail that they'd received it. Then they mailed us another letter notifying us of when my biometrics appointment would be. I had the biometrics appointment about three weeks after I mailed the application. Then I waited about another 4 months until my Green Card interview. I found the waiting to be really tough, but it's so worth it in the end! Best of luck to you! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 4/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, mch1234 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance! 

:ot2: 

We luckily took those rather cryptic instructions very literally. We brought with us the the interview every shred of paper that we had received from USCIS/NVC/DOS, and all original certificates/documents/paperwork that we had amassed thus far in your immigration journey. 

It was a good thing that we did. During the AOS interview, the IO wanted to see the my original divorce decree, claiming that he didn't have a copy of it in his files. I know that I had previously sent a copy of the divorce decree with my initial I-129F visa petition, the prior year. With all of our original, hard to replace documents I had individually placed them in plastic page presentation sleeves, and had made good color laser copies of this documents. So, I was able to show the IO the original and the copy for comparison. I asked him to compare the two, he could keep the copy for their records, and we kept the original. I am pretty certain that helped avert us from getting an RFE for a document, and an associated delay in processing. He could have asked for many of documents or papers. 

HTH, YMMV

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 4/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

1. You were approved for an I129F petition so bring your I797c Notice of Approval for your I129F and a photocopy.

2. You were approved for a K1 Visa so bring your passport with the K1 Visa in it and a photocopy.

3. You entered the US legally on your K1 Visa so bring a copy of your K1 I94 that shows when you entered the US and that you indeed entered on your K1.

4. You married your USC petitioner within 90 days of entry on your K1 so bring your official Marriage Certificate that shows that you married your USC, when you married your USC and that you married your USC in the US and a photocopy.

Excellent, clear and concise reply.   Why they can't just include this in the instructions is a mystery we'll never solve.    Thanks, we prepared all of the above.

21 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

Excellent, clear and concise reply.   Why they can't just include this in the instructions is a mystery we'll never solve.    Thanks, we prepared all of the above.

Because there are many different types of adjustment applicants being interviewed. Each item on the list will be different based on visa type.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Because there are many different types of adjustment applicants being interviewed. Each item on the list will be different based on visa type.

ah!   yeah, applicant speculation will likely yield the best results.   😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.