MK108

I-751 Interview - Pictures, documents and evidences

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

My I-751 interview is on April 25, 2019. I am the applicant and my spouse is the U.S. citizen.

I have gathered a huge chunk of evidence required by them per their interview summons letter. I was hoping to get some clarification on two of the instructions listed. I have formatted the wordings exactly as it appears on the letter.

1. Bring 2 additional photos  of the lawful permanent resident applicant

Is a walgreens or target print of picture taken at home with a phone sufficient or do I need to go to a studio to get a standard passport size and style picture made?

2. All bills or receipts should include your name. Please bring evidence showing names and dates from the beginning of the marriage through this month.

Now, I am submitting a lot of bills with both (my spouse and myself) of our names on it.

- Should I also include bills with just my name on it?

- I am submitting more or less the most recent copy of the utility bills for the various addresses we've lived at over the years. Should I submit every utility bill for every month we've lived at a location?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

1. They look at how the PP looks based on requirements now how they were created. As long as they look like the acceptable photos in the link below, you should be good.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html

2. Yes include any bills available whether they have both of your names or just your name. Like gas bill could be in only your name while electricity bill could be in your spouse’s name but those two shows you two residing in the same place. Include as many as possible that shows the timeline not just the latest ones.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
On 4/22/2019 at 1:09 PM, arken said:

1. They look at how the PP looks based on requirements now how they were created. As long as they look like the acceptable photos in the link below, you should be good.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html

2. Yes include any bills available whether they have both of your names or just your name. Like gas bill could be in only your name while electricity bill could be in your spouse’s name but those two shows you two residing in the same place. Include as many as possible that shows the timeline not just the latest ones.

Thanks, Arken! I ended up getting a pair of PP pictures taken at Walgreens it was click, print and done in less than 5 mins.

At the interview the IO didn't want or need it. He mentioned he wondered why the letters were still going out specifically requesting the LPR's solo pics.

As you suggested, I also changed my mind about just submitting a few bills. I gave them each and every bill that had both of our names on it. I only had documents for the past year, before that we were in a different state and before moving here, we shredded almost all old bills. Big mistake 😫 but thankfully I had saved one bill off of everything we shredded.

I think the IO appreciated the volume and the organization of my evidence packet.

22 hours ago, vvp said:

How did your interview go?

Vvp, it went well, I think! At the end of the interview, the IO said he still needs to look over my case and make a decision but added that our case looks good.

I'm writing down notes from whatever I remember from the interview and I'll write a lengthy post on one of the other forum thread on VJ or at least link to my blog where I might post it. Either way, I'll post a link here as well ☺️

1 hour ago, MK108 said:

Thanks, Arken! I ended up getting a pair of PP pictures taken at Walgreens it was click, print and done in less than 5 mins.

At the interview the IO didn't want or need it. He mentioned he wondered why the letters were still going out specifically requesting the LPR's solo pics.

As you suggested, I also changed my mind about just submitting a few bills. I gave them each and every bill that had both of our names on it. I only had documents for the past year, before that we were in a different state and before moving here, we shredded almost all old bills. Big mistake 😫 but thankfully I had saved one bill off of everything we shredded.

I think the IO appreciated the volume and the organization of my evidence packet.

Vvp, it went well, I think! At the end of the interview, the IO said he still needs to look over my case and make a decision but added that our case looks good.

I'm writing down notes from whatever I remember from the interview and I'll write a lengthy post on one of the other forum thread on VJ or at least link to my blog where I might post it. Either way, I'll post a link here as well ☺️

Glad it went well! Hopefully, you’ll see your green card soon! I’m still waiting for my interview, it’s not even scheduled. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 4/20/2019 at 4:40 PM, MK108 said:

My I-751 interview is on April 25, 2019. I am the applicant and my spouse is the U.S. citizen.

I have gathered a huge chunk of evidence required by them per their interview summons letter. I was hoping to get some clarification on two of the instructions listed. I have formatted the wordings exactly as it appears on the letter.

1. Bring 2 additional photos  of the lawful permanent resident applicant

Is a walgreens or target print of picture taken at home with a phone sufficient or do I need to go to a studio to get a standard passport size and style picture made?

2. All bills or receipts should include your name. Please bring evidence showing names and dates from the beginning of the marriage through this month.

Now, I am submitting a lot of bills with both (my spouse and myself) of our names on it.

- Should I also include bills with just my name on it?

- I am submitting more or less the most recent copy of the utility bills for the various addresses we've lived at over the years. Should I submit every utility bill for every month we've lived at a location?

When did you have your biometric?? How many months between biometric and interview ?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/2/2019 at 4:54 PM, kazero17 said:

When did you have your biometric?? How many months between biometric and interview ?

My bio appointment was sometime near the end of Oct 2017. My interview was April 25, 2019. About 18 months difference between the two.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:40 AM, vvp said:

Glad it went well! Hopefully, you’ll see your green card soon! I’m still waiting for my interview, it’s not even scheduled. 

Thank you! I received my green card less than a week after the interview. Surprising efficiency there by USCIS 😂 but a welcome one.

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 5/14/2019 at 4:50 PM, MK108 said:

My bio appointment was sometime near the end of Oct 2017. My interview was April 25, 2019. About 18 months difference between the two.

Thank you! I received my green card less than a week after the interview. Surprising efficiency there by USCIS 😂 but a welcome one.

I had my interview yesterday, it was a I751 waiver the interview was fast the IO was very polite, I sent a big package to them and I added more to the file yesterday. The answer was the same. "I need to review your case and give you my decision". My attorney said that everything went well and hopefully I will hear from them soon.

Edited by Brunosss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.