502 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, mramirez1772 said:

Noa2 8/27

i called today nvc received my case today 😊 but no case # yet. 

We have the same RFE and nao2. They told me they haven’t received it yet I’m disappointed since all of you already know something and we have same nao2 date 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello....I am a newbie to this website!!

I am from London, UK and my fiancé lives in Virginia.

We received an RFE and they received this on 12th August 2019.  They wanted more evidence of his police report/court hearings. We obtained all that we possibly could from the court and further from the police, although this was 15 years ago and obviously it has been wiped off the system!

However, to this date we haven't heard back....I literally check the USCIS website every hour haha :( This will be the 7th week...!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Carina Brown said:

Hello....I am a newbie to this website!!

I am from London, UK and my fiancé lives in Virginia.

We received an RFE and they received this on 12th August 2019.  They wanted more evidence of his police report/court hearings. We obtained all that we possibly could from the court and further from the police, although this was 15 years ago and obviously it has been wiped off the system!

However, to this date we haven't heard back....I literally check the USCIS website every hour haha :( This will be the 7th week...!!

I would call them and get some info. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got my rfe  on  August 10th for court records and police reports from 25 years ago . Two separate cases both involving steroids .I just love reliving my past and seeing the schmuck I once was . Now I wait and see if my past will mess with my future 

All paper work was  received on September 6th by USCIS 

Edited by JoeO"C

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JoeO"C said:

I got my rfe  on  August 10th for court records and police reports from 25 years ago . Two separate cases both involving steroids .I just love reliving my past and seeing the schmuck I once was . Now I wait and see if my past will mess with my future 

Yeah I felt that way too. I got an RFE for a dwi I had 30 years ago. It shouldn’t have any affect on your visa process 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Yeah I felt that way too. I got an RFE for a dwi I had 30 years ago. It shouldn’t have any affect on your visa process 

His was a fight, the case proceeded to court but was then dismissed and thrown out. His record is clean now. This whole process is mind blowing it really is. This long wait too! 🤦🏻‍♀️😭 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nephie said:

I would call them and get some info. 

I don’t think they will tell me anything to be honest. 

Timeline

Is the process relatively longer when they do the criminal checks? Realistically there is nothing on the database to check.... as it’s all been wiped off the system because of the length of time. Another day goes by and still nothing.

I Literally feel like I can’t be happy right now because my life is in limbo.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, Carina Brown said:

Is the process relatively longer when they do the criminal checks? Realistically there is nothing on the database to check.... as it’s all been wiped off the system because of the length of time. Another day goes by and still nothing.

I Literally feel like I can’t be happy right now because my life is in limbo.

My exact emotions ATM 

Timeline
2 hours ago, T&T1 said:

My exact emotions ATM 

It’s awful isn’t it 😭😭

wish there were more updates with this process, even if they were fortnightly. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/28/2019 at 3:24 AM, Maggiekhu said:

Anyone have case # yet? My NOA2 was Sep 6th?

My NOA2 was sept 5th and still waiting on my case number 

Timeline
On 9/24/2019 at 5:55 PM, JoeO"C said:

Morning 

have you had a response as yet? This is our 7th week waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Unfortunately nothing yet . My lawyer said I would be lucky to get a response in  2 months but I also have to drug offenses with C.O.F's on my record  So my case is a bit different 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JoeO"C said:

Unfortunately nothing yet . My lawyer said I would be lucky to get a response in  2 months but I also have to drug offenses with C.O.F's on my record  So my case is a bit different 

Ah ok, I'm sorry.  It is a gruelling process isn't it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.