Henry5555

Request For Evidence I-751

22 posts in this topic

Can someone who included their 2 years old baby's birth certificate (showing both parents names) when filling i-751 still receive a RFE letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure they can.  An RFE can be about anything depending on whatever further information USCIS needs to adjudicate your case.

What did the RFE you received specifically ask for?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

I haven't received one yet. my case status just changed to "Fingerprint Review Completed." i actually never received a biometrics appointment. At this point i'm just trying to stay ready incase they hit me with a RFE. Does anybody know why they never sent me a biometrics appointment letter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Going through said:

Sure they can.  An RFE can be about anything depending on whatever further information USCIS needs to adjudicate your case.

What did the RFE you received specifically ask for?

Correct. Having a baby together is a positive factor for your case, but that alone is not sufficient for approval.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Henry5555 said:

I haven't received one yet. my case status just changed to "Fingerprint Review Completed." i actually never received a biometrics appointment. At this point i'm just trying to stay ready incase they hit me with a RFE. Does anybody know why they never sent me a biometrics appointment letter?

It's possible the ROC biometrics was not needed and they used the info from previous fingerprinting---happens sometimes if the info is still valid/up-to-date.  You can call USCIS and ask to be transferred to a L2 immigration officer (who can look into the actual details of your case) to confirm if this is the situation.

For reading purposes---here's a thread from a few years ago where the OP (and a few others in the thread) reported not having to do the i-751 biometrics:

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

If all that was sent was that you made a baby together, then there's a 99% chance that it's not enough proof of bonafide marriage.

It's okay proof, not great proof. 

Is that all that was sent?

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

USCIS's golden rule: They absolutely hate the predictability when reviewing applications. Because if they accept that child birth certificate as ironclad for bonafide marriage evidence, then

those who attempt to do sham marriage will have child birth certificate, and USCIS will have tougher time. I know it sounds very unfair, but that is what it is. 

While many of evidences are favored, these submitted evidences do not guarantee anything because it is immigration, and USCIS reserves a right to interpret applicable regulations such as INA, President's guidance, and other memos. 

So many reasons could be for RFE. They just wanted to check up if marriage life continues, and etc. You just never know, and once you intend to live in U.S., I know it may sound harsh, but it is upto USCIS's discretion. If minded, USCIS will recommend you just move on, meaning that US does not have to welcome you. It is unfortunate and uncomfortable truth when dealing with USCIS. 

3 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

If all that was sent was that you made a baby together, then there's a 99% chance that it's not enough proof of bonafide marriage.

It's okay proof, not great proof. 

Is that all that was sent?

sent documents included:

Child's birth certificate

joint Dental and eye insurance

Joint credit card statements

3 years joint tax transcripts

Do you think these are enough not to receive a RFE

10 minutes ago, Henry5555 said:

sent documents included:

That's not bad but kinda on the thin side, if you ask more. They're probably gonna ask for me. Any other insurance policies with both name (car, life, etc)? What about documents of co-habitation (lease, mortgage, even IDs with the same address)? Joint bank account? Anything listing you guys as emergency contacts?

Edited by mushroomspore

8 minutes ago, Henry5555 said:

sent documents included:

No. 

You may want to think about opening a joint bank account. Is there a lease or a place you are renting? Do ya'll have any car loans together or car titles in each others names? House bills at least to the same address? Drivers license with the same address?

It's enough to get approved at interview eventually, but they will probably RFE to try to seek out more info. If you don't have anything else you can give them, you can provide them any more proof you gain from the time you sent the application to the time you had your RFE (updated info) and write a statement as to why you don't have anything else to provide.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Henry5555 said:

sent documents included:

Based on other people who have filed - you may get asked for something showing the same address to prove you live together.  Copies of lease/mortgage/deed and/or drivers licenses will establish this.  Even utility bills (one in your name one in your spouse) to the same address.

Do you have shared bank accounts?  Checking or saving, rather than just credit cards?

No idea if you’ll get an RFE, but good to keep collecting things incase you do, or to bring to the interview. 

5 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

That's not bad but kinda on the thin side, if you ask more. They're probably gonna ask for me. Any other insurance policies with both name (car, life, etc)? What about documents of co-habitation (lease, mortgage, even IDs with the same address)? Joint bank account? Anything listing you guys as emergency contacts?

I also sent our I.Ds showing the same address

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Henry5555 said:

sent documents included:

It's a bit thin on the evidence side.

Joint bank accounts, joint utility bills, joint lease, retirement plan showing each other as beneficiary, are other strong pieces of evidence for the ROC.

It's possible you may receive a RFE, it's possible you may not.

3 minutes ago, Going through said:

It's a bit thin on the evidence side.

Joint bank accounts, joint utility bills, joint lease, retirement plan showing each other as beneficiary, are other strong pieces of evidence for the ROC.

It's possible you may receive a RFE, it's possible you may not.

I also included our I.Ds showing the same address

Timeline
1 minute ago, Henry5555 said:

I also included our I.Ds showing the same address

They like to see lots of evidence regarding financial co-mingling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.