31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paigepaige said:

I was hoping you would see this post and reply so thank you!! I was wondering this, so all the evidence needed for each of the 3 forms does need duplicating?

SOME things need duplicating like 2 photos with each, passport and visa photocopy with each, I-94

The I-485 AOS packet is by far the biggest with marriage certificate, NOA2, the affidavit(s) of support, birth certificate, shot record from Knightsbridge, etc. ...things not needed with the EAD and AP. The official USCIS instructions to the EAD and AP applications do list what goes with those.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

SOME things need duplicating like 2 photos with each, passport and visa photocopy with each, I-94

The I-485 AOS packet is by far the biggest with marriage certificate, NOA2, the affidavit(s) of support, birth certificate, shot record from Knightsbridge, etc. ...things not needed with the EAD and AP. The official USCIS instructions to the EAD and AP applications do list what goes with those.

Thank you so much, do i need to do a cover letter per packet or just for one for the whole? It's a little confusing because visa journey make it sound like the whole thing is just one application but of course its 3. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Paigepaige said:

Thank you so much, do i need to do a cover letter per packet or just for one for the whole? It's a little confusing because visa journey make it sound like the whole thing is just one application but of course its 3. 

I would do one to cover what's inside the envelope. Show 3 applications:

-------------

Your names, and whatever nice verbiage you want to write,etc

Form I 485 Adjustment of Status

• Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • etc

Form I-765 Employment Authorization

• Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah

Form I-131 Advance Parole

• Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah

Anything else nice you want to say which isn't really necessary

Signature if desired.

I'm not big on cover letters. Some people say things like "please contact me if you have any questions"...Yeah right! Like they are going to take time and call you for a little chat. 😂 

(I am pretty much overly simplified when it comes to applications, but it worked for me and I never got a RFE)

Edited by Wuozopo

8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

The problem I have with the Visa Journey checklist  (https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos) is that it looks like one big application.  There are three separate applications to file that get mailed off in the same envelope. The second two are optional, but free when filed with the AOS, and useful.

I 485 Adjustment of Status

Evidence ncludes items #3-11 of the checklist

I-765 Employment Authorization document

Has it's own evidence so repeats some from AOS 4, 4a, maybe 6, 9

I-131 Advance Parole travel document

Has it's own evidence so repeats some from AOS 4, 4a, 6, 9

I

Yeah, I made that mistake because I followed VJ AOS checklist 2 months ago, so I will probably get an RFE for the combo card documents that were missing...

Timeline
1 hour ago, alvarodn92 said:

Yeah, I made that mistake because I followed VJ AOS checklist 2 months ago, so I will probably get an RFE for the combo card documents that were missing...

I'm sure lots do it that way and don't get an RFE. My logic just told me to organize it as a clear distinction of three applications. You're probably fine. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/14/2019 at 10:15 PM, Wuozopo said:

I'm sure lots do it that way and don't get an RFE. My logic just told me to organize it as a clear distinction of three applications. You're probably fine. 

Hey, me again! 

Do i need to send any proof of the medical exam i had in England? 

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Paigepaige said:

Hey, me again! 

Thank you

Yes, copy of your vaccinations records 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Paigepaige said:

Hey, me again! 

Thank you

Your original medical report was in the white envelope your turned over when you entered the US. It goes to storage until you apply for AOS. Then your "white envelope" files are ordered and added to your AOS file. 

You can make a photocopy of your DS-3025 Immunization sheet from the clinic if it shows all the shots needed for AOS are done. That reminds them you did get your shots completed and would not need an I-693 medical form from a US civil surgeon. Your original DS-3025 is already going to be in your file with the rest of the medical report so it's not an actual requirement to send a photocopy.

Some years back, those opening the mail used to send an RFE if they didn't see a report from a civil surgeon so the Immunization form became a reminder of sorts to them that you are a K1 that doesn't need a civil surgeon as long as the shots were complete. They don't do that RFE so much anymore because USCIS has said the civil surgeon's report does not have to be in the AOS application but can be provided at the interview.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Your original medical report was in the white envelope your turned over when you entered the US. It goes to storage until you apply for AOS. Then your "white envelope" files are ordered and added to your AOS file. 

You can make a photocopy of your DS-3025 Immunization sheet from the clinic if it shows all the shots needed for AOS are done. That reminds them you did get your shots completed and would not need an I-693 medical form from a US civil surgeon. Your original DS-3025 is already going to be in your file with the rest of the medical report so it's not an actual requirement to send a photocopy.

Some years back, those opening the mail used to send an RFE if they didn't see a report from a civil surgeon so the Immunization form became a reminder of sorts to them that you are a K1 that doesn't need a civil surgeon as long as the shots were complete. They don't do that RFE so much anymore because USCIS has said the civil surgeon's report does not have to be in the AOS application but can be provided at the interview.

Thank you so much, that makes sense. Also what evidence do i need to send with the I-864 form? Just the tax returns and a copy of his passport? He is self employed. 

Thanks again 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Paigepaige said:

Thank you so much, that makes sense. Also what evidence do i need to send with the I-864 form? Just the tax returns and a copy of his passport? He is self employed. 

Thanks again 

For self employed a complete tax return is really the only way to prove income. He doesn't have an employer to get a letter from, nor does he get regular pay checks to submit. It's better to get a free tax return transcript from the IRS to submit over photocopying his tax return.  This explains transcripts and how to get them online, by phone, or ordering by mail and provides links to order https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-to-get-tax-transcripts-and-copies-of-tax-returns-from-the-irs

The passport isn't part of the I-864 form for your spouse. If you have a joint sponsor who will also do a separate I-864,  include their passport to prove they are a US citizen. They already know your spouse is a USC. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, JB&JP said:

Hey, guys.

I have a question - do I still need to send G-325a form for AOS?

Not used anymore, since sometime in 2017.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-updates/uscis-no-longer-requires-form-g-325a-with-adjustment-of-status-application.html

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, Wuozopo said:

For self employed a complete tax return is really the only way to prove income. He doesn't have an employer to get a letter from, nor does he get regular pay checks to submit. It's better to get a free tax return transcript from the IRS to submit over photocopying his tax return.  This explains transcripts and how to get them online, by phone, or ordering by mail and provides links to order https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-to-get-tax-transcripts-and-copies-of-tax-returns-from-the-irs

The passport isn't part of the I-864 form for your spouse. If you have a joint sponsor who will also do a separate I-864,  include their passport to prove they are a US citizen. They already know your spouse is a USC. 

Thank you. I dont need to send my marriage cert with the EAD and AP too do I? 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Paigepaige said:

Thank you. I dont need to send my marriage cert with the EAD and AP too do I? 

The EAD instructions are cumbersome because there are so many reasons and categories. But start on top of page 20.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-765instr.pdf?download=1

The list of required evidence is there and very short. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

The EAD instructions are cumbersome because there are so many reasons and categories. But start on top of page 20.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-765instr.pdf?download=1

The list of required evidence is there and very short. 

Thank you, so no marriage cert req in this section? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.