25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are including my husbands name, address and phone number on this of course am I missing anything if we use this Cover letter?

USCIS
PO BOX 805887
CHICAGO, IL 60680-4120

NATURE OF SUBMISSION: I-485 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION SPOUSE MARRIED ON K1 VISA

To Whom It May Concern,

Enclosed please find Form I-485, Petition for Adjustment of Status

CONTENTS INCLUDE:

1.       Payment in the amount of $1225.00 to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

2.       Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-485, I-765 & I-131 applications

3.       Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjustment Status & supporting documents.

·         Form I-485, signed and dated

·         Two passport style photographs of the applicant taken on April 16, 2019

·         Certified copy of marriage certificate

·         Electronic I-94 form for most recent entry of the applicant

·         Copy of the applicant’s foreign birth certificate

·         Copy of form 1-797C, Notice of Action

·         Copy of Birth Certificate

·         Copy of Passport (all pages including Visa page)

4.       Form I-176, Application for Employment Authorization, including the supporting documents

·         Two passport style photographs of applicant taken on April 16, 2019

5.       Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, including the following supporting documents

6.       Form I-864, Affidavit of Support from Sponsor and Co-Sponsor, and following supporting documents

·         Copy of US Sponsors biographic passport page

·         Copy of latest IRS tax return, including W2’s for tax year 2018.

·         Last 6 months pay stubs

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It's not form I-176 for EAD its I-765

Thank you!! I have the I-765 downloaded....not sure why i put I-176.

47 minutes ago, MarkandCharity said:

We are including my husbands name, address and phone number on this of course am I missing anything if we use this Cover letter?

USCIS
PO BOX 805887
CHICAGO, IL 60680-4120

NATURE OF SUBMISSION: I-485 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION SPOUSE MARRIED ON K1 VISA

To Whom It May Concern,

Enclosed please find Form I-485, Petition for Adjustment of Status

CONTENTS INCLUDE:

1.       Payment in the amount of $1225.00 to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

2.       Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-485, I-765 & I-131 applications

3.       Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjustment Status & supporting documents.

·         Form I-485, signed and dated

·         Two passport style photographs of the applicant taken on April 16, 2019

·         Certified copy of marriage certificate only photocopy required 

·         Electronic I-94 form for most recent entry of the applicant

·         Copy of the applicant’s foreign birth certificate

·         Copy of form 1-797C, Notice of Action

·         Copy of Birth Certificate who's? If you mean the sponsor's it should be attached to the I864

·         Copy of Passport (all pages including Visa page) only bio and Visa page are required

4.       Form I-176, Application for Employment Authorization, including the supporting documents

Seperate cover letter outlining all submitted documents in full. The I765 requires more than passport photos.

5.       Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, including the following supporting documents

Seperate cover letter outlining all submitted documents in full. The I131 requires more than passport photos.

6.       Form I-864, Affidavit of Support from Sponsor and Co-Sponsor, and following supporting documents

·         Copy of US Sponsors biographic passport page

·         Copy of latest IRS tax return, including W2’s for tax year 2018.

·         Last 6 months pay stubs not necessary but if you are going to submit 6 months of paystubs you should have a current employment verification too to prove where the paystubs come from.

The I864 gets bundled with the I485 so it should not be on the bottom of the list. 

I485 is bundled with I864.

I765 bundled by itself.

I131 bundled by itself

I would suggest seperate coverletters for the I765 and I131 as they are processed by entirely different adjudicators and will end up on different desks than the I485. All of the forms get seperated upon arrival so a single coverpage with one table of contents wont be helpful for the IOs who get your I765 and I131 months down the road.

Most documents for each form are required for each form (ie you will need 3 MC photocopies, 3 I94s, 3 K1 Visa stickers etc). I'm not sure if you understand that.

Timeline
18 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The I864 gets bundled with the I485 so it should not be on the bottom of the list. 

I765 bundled by itself.

I131 bundled by itself

I would suggest seperate coverletters for the I765 and I131 as they are processed by entirely different adjudicators and will end up on different desks than the I485. All of the forms get seperated upon arrival so a single coverpage with one table of contents wont be helpful for the IOs who get your I765 and I131 months down the road.

Most documents for each form are required for each form (ie you will need 3 MC photocopies, 3 I94s, 3 K1 Visa stickers etc). I'm not sure if you understand that.

Thank you! I had no clue about any of this. I am going to sound dumb but what is MC photocopies and K1 Visa Stickers? So basically just add the same information to each of these 3 bundles?

Timeline
18 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I765 bundled by itself.

I131 bundled by itself

Also do we need to send in an I-131? He isn't planning to go out of the country. I just keep reading people that said it needs to be sent in too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MarkandCharity said:

Thank you! I had no clue about any of this. I am going to sound dumb but what is MC photocopies and K1 Visa Stickers? So basically just add the same information to each of these 3 bundles?

MC. Marriage

3 minutes ago, MarkandCharity said:

Also do we need to send in an I-131? He isn't planning to go out of the country. I just keep reading people that said it needs to be sent in too.

It doesn’t need to be .. it’s optional.. but it’s free at the time you file with the AOS  and if anything unexpected arose he couldn’t leave and return  without it  ... do for me, it would be a wise  thing to apply for it 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

MC. Marriage

It doesn’t need to be .. it’s optional.. but it’s free at the time you file with the AOS  and if anything unexpected arose he couldn’t leave and return  without it  ... do for me, it would be a wise  thing to apply for it 

Do I just leave the section blank about dates leaving the country and reason?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, MarkandCharity said:

Yes. The I131 is used for other filers as well ..and some of those categories of filers must have an approved reason for needing the I131. Those with AOS don’t need any reason or plans 

Timeline
Just now, Lil bear said:

Yes. The I131 is used for other filers as well ..and some of those categories of filers must have an approved reason for needing the I131. Those with AOS don’t need any reason or plans 

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!!

I started to panic yesterday when I looked at all the paper work for this lol. I was under the impression I got married and sent in one set of papers. I should have looked at this way before now which was not smart on my part. All of this does need to be turned in before the 90 days correct?

1 hour ago, MarkandCharity said:

What the above commentor stated is correct. 

Photo copy of MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE x3. Everything x3. 

Plus, you mentioned submitting all pages of your passport. That's not necessary. All that you need is a photocopy of the informational biographical data page and a photocopy of your K1 Visa sticker page (yes your K1 Visa is actually a sticker that they affixed to a page in your passport. You should checked it out).

Basically yes. Three forms, three separate coverpages outlining WHAT you are applying for with each separate form and seperate table of contents and three sets of required documents.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

49 minutes ago, MarkandCharity said:

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!!

I started to panic yesterday when I looked at all the paper work for this lol. I was under the impression I got married and sent in one set of papers. I should have looked at this way before now which was not smart on my part. All of this does need to be turned in before the 90 days correct?

No but you will be out of status once you pass day 90 and could (rarely) face deportation. Some dont apply for years though so it's not a big deal.

The sooner you apply, the sooner you can work, drive and leave the US and return. Until you do and it all gets approved, you can't do any of that.

57 minutes ago, MarkandCharity said:

No you should never leave anything blank on USCIS forms. "N/A" or "None" as applicable.

But yes, read the forms and go along with the instructions as you are filling out the I131. Much of it does not apply to Advanced Parole. Most of it applies to Re-Entry Permits which are applied for using the I131 too. 

As an AP applicant you do not have to give a reason or date of travel.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No you should never leave anything blank on USCIS forms. "N/A" or "None" as applicable.

But yes, read the forms and go along with the instructions as you are filling out the I131. Much of it does not apply to Advanced Parole. Most of it applies to Re-Entry Permits which are applied for using the I131 too. 

As an AP applicant you do not have to give a reason or date of travel.

Perfect! Thank you so much for your kindness and help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.