Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, coco3542 said:

Y’all 

I got my extension letter receipt starts with MSC 

so my extension is only 24 months permanent resident card expires in April 22 2022 

if GC takes longer than 24 months what do I do? Where do I need to go to extend my stay in us? 

Call 60 days ahead to schedule a call with an officer, after 30 days you will get a call back and they will schedule you for an appointment to stamp your passport with an extra extension. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
3 hours ago, coco3542 said:

I got my extension letter receipt starts with MSC 

so my extension is only 24 months permanent resident card expires in April 22 2022 

if GC takes longer than 24 months what do I do? Where do I need to go to extend my stay in us? 

Your conditional LPR status does not run out when your extension letter expires, only proof of your continued LPR status runs out. If you need proof of your continued LPR status to travel out of the USA or you are starting a new job or renewing a driver's license you can call USCIS to get a i551 stamp in your passport. Call USCIS and make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS field office 30 days before your extension letter expires.

If you don’t need proof of your LPR status you don’t need to do anything, your legal permanent residency remains in place and you remain legal to work and live in the USA. ICE and USCIS are fully aware of your continued status while you wait for your i751 to be adjudicated.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

9 hours ago, LiRo said:

Call 60 days ahead to schedule a call with an officer, after 30 days you will get a call back and they will schedule you for an appointment to stamp your passport with an extra extension. 

In Miami field office they don't schedule any info pass appointment unless you have an emergency and can prove it. (Traveling abroad for funeral, losing your job etc). Even if you have an emergency they may refuse to find a slot for you. I had to call every day for a month for them to finally do me an honour and schedule one. Good luck 

I will be receiving the interview letter with the interview date soon. I filed for removal last june/july. USCIS online status showed that "interviewed was schedule" on 3/1/22. Any idea when the interview will usually take place? I'm so anxious as I have to adjust my work schedule last minute. any input will be great. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, tyz said:

I will be receiving the interview letter with the interview date soon. I filed for removal last june/july. USCIS online status showed that "interviewed was schedule" on 3/1/22. Any idea when the interview will usually take place? I'm so anxious as I have to adjust my work schedule last minute. any input will be great. Thank you!

Chat with Emma and request live agent or just call USCIS hotline- they will tell you the date. 

14 minutes ago, tyz said:

i tried "live agent" with emma, it just kept sending me to a page with "general inquires"

They are not the brightest lights on the Christmas tree.. keep trying until you get someone smarter. All my friends got their info that way. 

hi folks, i filed n400 12 montsh ago and my i751(waiver) has been pending since july 2020.

my i751 never got transferred after filing n400. 

last update for both is "fingerprints taken"

is anyone in similar situation? i'm worried that my case got forgotten because it is never transferred. i see almost everyone's case gets transferred after filing n400 but mine didn't.

appreciate any feedback

8 hours ago, Guido51 said:

hi folks, i filed n400 12 montsh ago and my i751(waiver) has been pending since july 2020.

my i751 never got transferred after filing n400. 

last update for both is "fingerprints taken"

is anyone in similar situation? i'm worried that my case got forgotten because it is never transferred. i see almost everyone's case gets transferred after filing n400 but mine didn't.

appreciate any feedback

My case got completely derailed. I started calling them once a month and demanding a call with an officer and then asking if my case is "active". It finally put my case back on track... 

6 minutes ago, LiRo said:

My case got completely derailed. I started calling them once a month and demanding a call with an officer and then asking if my case is "active". It finally put my case back on track... 

Can you please explain what you mean by "derailed'

and how you fixed it? you called uscis customer service and ask for tier 2 officer and said what?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Looking to see if somebody would do me favor. Can you please check cases surrounding your case, and post here what type of cases you see?

My service center is LIN and I saw mostly 601 waivers and ROC. I’m trying to find a pattern if at all possible. Thanks!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

7 minutes ago, Guido51 said:

Can you please explain what you mean by "derailed'

and how you fixed it? you called uscis customer service and ask for tier 2 officer and said what?

thanks

My case was stalling for a long time, I kept learning bits and pieces" why" - libe agents, officers - I kept asking why surrounding cases are processed? Why my is untouched? How come that other cases are moving forward since they claim that it is happening in order and so on so that. I guess they finally got tired of me 😅

34 minutes ago, LiRo said:

My case was stalling for a long time, I kept learning bits and pieces" why" - libe agents, officers - I kept asking why surrounding cases are processed? Why my is untouched? How come that other cases are moving forward since they claim that it is happening in order and so on so that. I guess they finally got tired of me 😅

thanks for the tip.

what are they best ways to do this? just calling customer service and complaining?

3 minutes ago, Guido51 said:

thanks for the tip.

what are they best ways to do this? just calling customer service and complaining?

Ask them if they see any irregularities in your case, especially if other "nearby cases" around you are progressing. Ask if they see any activity on your file... basically make sure that you case is being looked at. I experienced a lot of unfriendly agents but eventually I got one or two which were helpful and my case got back on track and my pain is over. 

1 hour ago, LiRo said:

Ask them if they see any irregularities in your case, especially if other "nearby cases" around you are progressing. Ask if they see any activity on your file... basically make sure that you case is being looked at. I experienced a lot of unfriendly agents but eventually I got one or two which were helpful and my case got back on track and my pain is over. 

thank you i will try.

do i have to talk to tier 2 agent for this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.