Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone! 👋🏻👋🏻

NEW UPDATES BELOW:

Our timeline so far:
7/1 Mailed I-751 via FEDEX to Phoenix, Arizona 
7/3 USCIS received package and signed for
(NO TEXT OR EMAIL RECEIVED EVEN THOUGH I SIGNED UP FOR IT)
7/10  Check for fees was cashed from Bank
7/13  18 Month Extension Letter arrived in mail
7/18 Biometric Appointment Letter Arrived 
7/29 Biometric Appointment Completed 
7/30- Fingerprint review completed
11/9- Interview ready to be scheduled 
11/15- Interview Scheduled
1/3/2020 Interview - We were only asked basic questions, names, dates, how we met, where we both work, and any future plans?  We also talked a little extra to the IO and had a few laughs. We  were a little shocked when we got a letter that our file was to be held for review and didn't get approved right away. 😐😣 

1/9/2020 - New Card in Production-We just the notification around 10am!! Whew!!! Now starts the next step!🥳🥳😅😅😅👍🏻👍🏻

Thank you to everyone who posts on here! It helps to read the advice and know that so many others are going through this too!! Best of Luck!! 🥳🥳🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Edited by snow108069
Spelling

10 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

Also waiver, and ready for interview since June. When was the last that they captured your biometrics?

February 2018. 

Got a waiver letter after submitting an inquiry about biometrics in July, 1 week later status updated to ready for interview. 

I did though, In October 2018 get finger prints at my local USCIS office when I just walked in to get a stamp, maybe they consider these? 

My issue is a bit complicated as I was on a 10 years green card and at USCIS offices until now my status is permanent and not conditional, even though that's not correct 🤨

51 minutes ago, 684117 said:

February 2018. 

Got a waiver letter after submitting an inquiry about biometrics in July, 1 week later status updated to ready for interview. 

I did though, In October 2018 get finger prints at my local USCIS office when I just walked in to get a stamp, maybe they consider these? 

My issue is a bit complicated as I was on a 10 years green card and at USCIS offices until now my status is permanent and not conditional, even though that's not correct 🤨

Why you need the stamp? You did not receive the NOA? That’s strange that they need to capture you biometrics in order to stamp your passport.

1 minute ago, cammi9988 said:

Why you need the stamp? You did not receive the NOA? That’s strange that they need to capture you biometrics in order to stamp your passport.

That was before my I-751, I had a 10 years green card that I submitted for replacement (in Milwaukee WI) to a 2 years green card as it should be, I got a stamp in February 2018 (until the replacement is issued) but I changed my passport in October and needed a new stamp, walked into USCIS without an appointment ( Minneapolis) to explain to them the issue so they took my finger prints (Maybe to make sure it's me?) and gave me a new stamp on October 3rd, October 25th I got my new card 😂

6 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

1 minute ago, 684117 said:

That was before my I-751, I had a 10 years green card that I submitted for replacement (in Milwaukee WI) to a 2 years green card as it should be, I got a stamp in February 2018 (until the replacement is issued) but I changed my passport in October and needed a new stamp, walked into USCIS without an appointment ( Minneapolis) to explain to them the issue so they took my finger prints (Maybe to make sure it's me?) and gave me a new stamp on October 3rd, October 25th I got my new card 😂

It is worth mentioning here that security did not want to let me in without an appointment, but I explained that I came in good faith and I was trying to solve an issue that was not my fault, (the 10 years GC) he called an officer to talk to me outside, he then went back in to check and told me that system shows that I am a permanent resident, I gave him my replacement case number and proof of emails sent to my embassy that my GC was issued wrong, so he let me in based on "dignity and honesty" that I was willing to let go a 10 years for a 2 years because it is the right thing to do. 

23 minutes ago, 684117 said:

It is worth mentioning here that security did not want to let me in without an appointment, but I explained that I came in good faith and I was trying to solve an issue that was not my fault, (the 10 years GC) he called an officer to talk to me outside, he then went back in to check and told me that system shows that I am a permanent resident, I gave him my replacement case number and proof of emails sent to my embassy that my GC was issued wrong, so he let me in based on "dignity and honesty" that I was willing to let go a 10 years for a 2 years because it is the right thing to do. 

I think they resusing the one that you done for the I-90 form.

On 1/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, gregcrs2 said:

Interviewed today.  IO said the package we provided was awesome.  The actual interview took 5 minutes.  Just verified some questions on the form and approved.  Case status changed to card is being produced.  

Congratulations. March 2019 MSC filer here. 
Got my status changed to Interview scheduled on Jan 7. We will mail the interview letter

How long after the uscis status update, did you get the interview letter mailed? And how long after was the interview scheduled?

I am in tough spot because I have to travel overseas in couple of weeks and I’ll be out for a month. I bought tickets and all and If I don’t get the mail next week I won’t even know when to rebook my flight.  

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, just_passing_by said:

Congratulations. March 2019 MSC filer here. 
Got my status changed to Interview scheduled on Jan 7. We will mail the interview letter

How long after the uscis status update, did you get the interview letter mailed? And how long after was the interview scheduled?

I am in tough spot because I have to travel overseas in couple of weeks and I’ll be out for a month. I bought tickets and all and If I don’t get the mail next week I won’t even know when to rebook my flight.  

Thank you

From "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview" to "Interview Scheduled", it was 8 months.  From "Interview Scheduled" to actual interview was one month.

Hey guys ,

interview was today, all took 20min.

IO seemed somehow not familiar with the case, asked for some documents that was not supposed to be there , basically some of those we send to them 5 years ago, my wife first marriage divorce papers.

then asked some one on his pc something. 
then he suggested to wait for a week or so , if the case is approved then ok if not be ready to extend the extension letter. 
I have to take the case to my supervisour and explain all to him but he did say if all is good you will be getting your card in a week or two. 

now its somehow troubling me , why would he say such things,

the interview itself was easy , we laughed . 

still can not figure out why he said what he said, 

any ideas?should I be worried?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Vitran said:

Hey guys ,

IO seemed somehow not familiar with the case, asked for some documents that was not supposed to be there , basically some of those we send to them 5 years ago, my wife first marriage divorce papers.

then he suggested to wait for a week or so , if the case is approved then ok if not be ready to extend the extension letter. 
I have to take the case to my supervisour and explain all to him but he did say if all is good you will be getting your card in a week or two. 

it happen sometimes, cos the officer is new and his case need to be reviewed by his/her supervisor 

just wait for a week to see if you get any feedback

when I had my interview, she didn't tell me if approve or not, just tell me to go home and wait for a week something, then my status updated in two days

hang in there, good luck!!

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

49 minutes ago, Vitran said:

Hey guys ,

Did he ask you to send them the divorce papers ? 

And when did you apply for your I-751?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.