9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I will have my appointment interview this 2nd week of May. Im just so scared right now cause my fiance income tax refund last 2018 was too low. One of the reason is that he visited me here in the philippines twice last year for 1month and half. And plus he has two kids and they are not included in his dependent in affidavit of support cause its in the custody of his ex.Does anyone have this kind of situation?please help me! Im very nervoue right now😞.thank you everyone!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Makopanda said:

Hi everyone! I will have my appointment interview this 2nd week of May. Im just so scared right now cause my fiance income tax refund last 2018 was too low. One of the reason is that he visited me here in the philippines twice last year for 1month and half. And plus he has two kids and they are not included in his dependent in affidavit of support cause its in the custody of his ex.Does anyone have this kind of situation?please help me! Im very nervoue right now😞.thank you everyone!

Are you talking about the tax refund or the tax return? USCIS doesn't care about the refund, they do care about the tax return, since that is a reflection of his income over 2018 (assuming he declared all his income over 2018)

If he can't prove he makes at least 100% to 125% of the poverty line (you'll need 125 for AOS and some officers won't approve a visa with just the 100% necessary for the K1) you'll need a co sponsor or assets (not sure how the whole asset thing works, but maybe someone else can chip in on that)

On top of this, I see you're going to live in one of the most expensive places in the USA. This is something that the IO takes into consideration, so even if he barely makes enough your best bet get a co-sponsor, just to be sure.

Timeline

Yah im sorry it was tax return. The problem is in the philippines they dont allow a co sponsor. We already asked about it but they only allow it for the spouse visa.im so scared right now cause i saw some negative comments about itr😭

54 minutes ago, Makopanda said:

Yah im sorry it was tax return. The problem is in the philippines they dont allow a co sponsor. We already asked about it but they only allow it for the spouse visa

What visa are you applying for?

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Makopanda said:

And plus he has two kids and they are not included in his dependent in affidavit of support cause its in the custody of his ex.

If his children are his responsibility financially (i.e., he pays child support), then they have to be included on the I-134.  He will need to correct the I-134 and send you a new one before your interview.  What is his annual income for 2018?  What is his current income?  Total household size including the dependent children he does not have custody of?  These are more relevant questions to help you know what needs to be done in preparation for your interview, especially if your consulate does not allow co-sponsors for K-1.  Better to know at this point rather than take a chance that you might be denied because of 1) false information on the I-134, or 2) insufficient income to sponsor you and his dependent children.

17 hours ago, Makopanda said:

Yah im sorry it was tax return. The problem is in the philippines they dont allow a co sponsor. We already asked about it but they only allow it for the spouse visa.im so scared right now cause i saw some negative comments about itr😭

That's not correct.  USEM does accept cosponsors but on a case basis. Most times USEM doesn't even ask for financials and haven't for years. They still reserve the right to require financials so it's best to be prepared. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Sorry for the late response.just got busy for the past weeks.in the philippines they don’t allow co sponsor for k1 visa.you can also check it online.i don’t know why but this is only the country that don’t allow co sponsor unless its for spouse visa. I don’t know if the embassy will approved my visa  because my fiance latest income tax is too low.he don’t have any assets.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/4/2019 at 7:00 PM, Makopanda said:

And plus he has two kids and they are not included in his dependent in affidavit of support cause its in the custody of his ex.Does anyone have this kind of situation?please help me! Im very nervoue right now😞.thank you everyone!

Child support or not, they are included 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.