SonofBaraka

Paymens for CR-1 Visa Applications

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Following the $535 payment  after submitting the I-130 sponsor petition, assuming the processcntinues with the next payment to the hospital for the medical examionation, the only payment I see left is connected to the interview. If I'm correct, can that payment be made by check? If so, what is the amount? Can the check be submitted by the beneficiary, instead of the signer?

Please correct,add or modify the above.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SonofBaraka said:

Following the $535 payment  after submitting the I-130 sponsor petition, assuming the processcntinues with the next payment to the hospital for the medical examionation, the only payment I see left is connected to the interview. If I'm correct, can that payment be made by check? If so, what is the amount? Can the check be submitted by the beneficiary, instead of the signer?

After your I130 is approved you'll have fees to pay through NVC all via their site no checks.   Medical exam is paid at the exam office.  Green card fee through USCIS website via ACH.  No check option that I know of.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

First, the $535 payment to USCIS by check. Then, once you get to the NVC phase, $120 affidavit of support fee, $325 NVC fee online through CEAC website. Next, once you get your interview date, medical examination fee (this varies depending on the country) at an approved doctor, paid to the doctor's office. Then, once you finally have your visa, but before travelling to the US, $220 immigration fee online through USCIS website.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

14 minutes ago, SonofBaraka said:

Uscis is 535

NVC is 445 (2 payments totaling 445) to be paid with bank account usually 

medical exam is separate and varies by country, ours cost 200 usd in total 

220$ for green card fee

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
28 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

First, the $535 payment to USCIS by check. Then, once you get to the NVC phase, $120 affidavit of support fee, $325 NVC fee online through CEAC website. Next, once you get your interview date, medical examination fee (this varies depending on the country) at an approved doctor, paid to the doctor's office. Then, once you finally have your visa, but before travelling to the US, $220 immigration fee online through USCIS website.

To be clear, payments "online" are FROM a US checking account.  Just not a PAPER check.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

When you say to be paid with bank account, does that mean my U.S. bank account or her Thai baht account? The reason I'm asking is that although I paid the I-130 fee with a U.S. check, I'm leaving for the states on April 12th. So unless she tells me to pay all the subsequent fees as soon as she is given those fees by credit card, does she have to pay with U.S. dollars or Thai baht?

And I understand she will have to pay in person at her interview. How can that payment be made?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, SonofBaraka said:

When you say to be paid with bank account, does that mean my U.S. bank account or her Thai baht account? The reason I'm asking is that although I paid the I-130 fee with a U.S. check, I'm leaving for the states on April 12th. So unless she tells me to pay all the subsequent fees as soon as she is given those fees by credit card, does she have to pay with U.S. dollars or Thai baht?

And I understand she will have to pay in person at her interview. How can that payment be made?

6 minutes ago, SonofBaraka said:

21 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

To be clear, payments "online" are FROM a US checking account.  Just not a PAPER check.

So I can pay on her behalf each fee online just like I have funds withdrawn from my checking account? Can I do the same from my credit card account? If that is correct, does the online form allow me to give the beneficiary's name and identifying information as the person for whom the funds are to be credited to?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SonofBaraka said:

US bank account. You do not pay anything in person except for the medical exam which can be paid in Baht since the exam will be in Thailand. Everything else is paid in US dollars from a US bank account. There are no fees at the interview. The fees are the USCIS check fee when you file, the 2 online NVC fees at the NVC stage, the medical exam paid at the exam office, and the immigration fee paid on USCIS website. The medical exam is the only thing you can use Baht for, everything else must be a US bank in US dollars. Read above.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

US bank account. You do not pay anything in person except for the medical exam which can be paid in Baht since the exam will be in Thailand. Everything else is paid in US dollars from a US bank account. There are no fees at the interview. The fees are the USCIS check fee when you file, the 2 online NVC fees at the NVC stage, the medical exam paid at the exam office, and the immigration fee paid on USCIS website. The medical exam is the only thing you can use Baht for, everything else must be a US bank in US dollars. Read above.

Correct.  Not sure for Bangkok but at some interviews, the applicant will pay a small shipping fee to have the passport with visa delivered back to them.  Be prepared with some local currency for that.

None of the remaining fees can be paid by credit card, except sometimes the medical exam fee.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
32 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Correct.  Not sure for Bangkok but at some interviews, the applicant will pay a small shipping fee to have the passport with visa delivered back to them.  Be prepared with some local currency for that.

None of the remaining fees can be paid by credit card, except sometimes the medical exam fee.

Can I get a copy of the on-line NVC payment forms and the immigration fee form at the USCIS website by contacting either or both of those agencies?

Timeline
4 hours ago, SonofBaraka said:

Can I get a copy of the on-line NVC payment forms and the immigration fee form at the USCIS website by contacting either or both of those agencies?

No.  There are no "payment forms".   There's a credit card authorization form you could have used to pay the filing fee.  That's water under the bridge.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

No.  There are no "payment forms".   There's a credit card authorization form you could have used to pay the filing fee.  That's water under the bridge.

You mean the filing fee for the I-130 form I submitted? No matter. Check or credit card was fine either way. Please help me set up payment for the upcoming  NVC and immigration fee charges. I have no clue how to set up the payments using my U.S. bank account, since I've never done something like this. You seem to assume that everyone knows how to send money from their bank account on-line, so I must be the only expat who hasn't a clue. If I can't move money this way, my wife will be out of luck, since I'll be in the U.S. during this entire process...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SonofBaraka said:

You mean the filing fee for the I-130 form I submitted? No matter. Check or credit card was fine either way. Please help me set up payment for the upcoming  NVC and immigration fee charges. I have no clue how to set up the payments using my U.S. bank account, since I've never done something like this. You seem to assume that everyone knows how to send money from their bank account on-line, so I must be the only expat who hasn't a clue. If I can't move money this way, my wife will be out of luck, since I'll be in the U.S. during this entire process...

You don't "set up" anything.  When the time is right you'll just set "do" not "set up" the payments on their website.  You don't send them money.  You provide information and authorization and they TAKE the money from your account.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You don't "set up" anything.  When the time is right you'll just set "do" not "set up" the payments on their website.  You don't send them money.  You provide information and authorization and they TAKE the money from your account.

Much clearer. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.