A3ap

About P. O.E

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys,

I would like to ask and be sure before I do this.. 

My good friend I met my wife from he's wedding in dubai several years ago. 

He ask me to get 3 sachet of cypri Gold and 3 sachet of Anti-biotic  in pharmacy from here on Lagos while coming over there.... I'm a little bit nervous about this and I would like to ask if there would be questions or issue about this at the POE, am just going there for first time with my immigrant visa so I don't want issues. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, A3ap said:

Hi guys,

I would like to ask and be sure before I do this.. 

My good friend I met my wife from he's wedding in dubai several years ago. 

He ask me to get 3 sachet of cypri Gold and 3 sachet of Anti-biotic  in pharmacy from here on Lagos while coming over there.... I'm a little bit nervous about this and I would like to ask if there would be questions or issue about this at the POE, am just going there for first time with my immigrant visa so I don't want issues. 

That's a good question because my fiancé is planning on bringing some stuff with him to the US also.  I guess I need to do more research.  He wants to bring food items "yam" & "palm wine" for the wedding.  I would like to find out about the anti-biotic also.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ensure anything and everything you bring you delcare appropriately. Anti-biotics shouldn't be much of an issue as long as it isn't some huge amount. 

Bottled wines and liquors, don't think any issue.

Main issue is plants, seeds, nuts, meat products, ect. but always delcare anything even if you're unsure.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Ensure anything and everything you bring you delcare appropriately. Anti-biotics shouldn't be much of an issue as long as it isn't some huge amount. 

Main issue is plants, seeds, nuts, meat products, ect. but always delcare anything even if you're unsure.

That's good to know.  So, on the declaration paperwork, he needs to put down yams, palm wine, & unopened meds.  If it's something he cannot take, hopefully they will let him know.  I wonder if this is done at the airport or when his sister buys the ticket online.  I guess I could suggest that she go to the airport because I think that might be the best option to buy his ticket & get all the necessary info.  I don't know anything about that part of West Africa.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, PandT said:

That's good to know.  So, on the declaration paperwork, he needs to put down yams, palm wine, & unopened meds.  If it's something he cannot take, hopefully they will let him know.  I wonder if this is done at the airport or when his sister buys the ticket online.  I guess I could suggest that she go to the airport because I think that might be the best option to buy his ticket & get all the necessary info.  I don't know anything about that part of West Africa.

I don't think it's done at the airport here, my wife bought my ticket through her credit card company (Amex) I went to airport to confirm it and I leave Sunday, I think all that has to be at the POE. 

1 hour ago, Ben&Zian said:

Thank you, this helps I will just go ahead to buy the medicines myself... Thanks. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, A3ap said:

I don't think it's done at the airport here, my wife bought my ticket through her credit card company (Amex) I went to airport to confirm it and I leave Sunday, I think all that has to be at the POE. 

Thank you, this helps I will just go ahead to buy the medicines myself... Thanks. 

Okay.  Thanks.  I guess they will keep anything they don't want him to take.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, PandT said:

Okay.  Thanks.  I guess they will keep anything they don't want him to take.

Yeah,  we tried to make sure whatever we brought from Ghana (honey, pepper sauce), was labeled and the kind from the store rather than the local variety. I know sometimes palm wine can be in unmarked containers so that might be a risk.  Good lucj and happy wedding! 

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

On 4/2/2019 at 11:04 AM, PandT said:

Strongly recommend researching it thoroughly ahead of time.  It is absurd to expect to just bring things that may or may not be okay per US Customs.  People get fined for that.

Timeline

My wife is coming and asked me about antibiotics. I told her they may take them unless she has a valid prescription from a doctor. We can't buy those without a prescription here in the U.S. I told her just make sure she declares them so she doesn't get in trouble. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.