Jump to content
Lnzo9

N400 with Reckless Driving on Record in Seattle (split)

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello All,


Has anyone been through the interview process with a reckless driving misdemeanor on their record?

I am trying to find more information on this topic in Seattle, but couldn't find much. I have my interview scheduled soon and I am very concerned about this when it comes up with the officer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello All,

 

I am Permanent resident in the US since 2013 based on marriage to a US citizen. Back in 2015 I got arrested and changed with DUI that got reduced to Reckless driving, in 2018 I completed my probation and everything was finalized and the case closed. I applied for citizenship right after and now I am getting closer from my naturalization interview and wanted to see if anyone have been through this situation before and what was the outcome. 

 

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

Edited by Lnzo9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Lnzo9 said:

Hello All,


Has anyone been through the interview process with a reckless driving misdemeanor on their record?

I am trying to find more information on this topic in Seattle, but couldn't find much. I have my interview scheduled soon and I am very concerned about this when it comes up with the officer.

  

 

Did you let USCIS know when you apply for N400? I do remember there is one item asking if you have commit crimes or misdemeanor or something like that. If you did, then bring whatever the final result of that misdemeanor (which most likely you paid for it and the case get dismissed) to the interview and explain to the officer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yippy_j said:

Did you let USCIS know when you apply for N400? I do remember there is one item asking if you have commit crimes or misdemeanor or something like that. If you did, then bring whatever the final result of that misdemeanor (which most likely you paid for it and the case get dismissed) to the interview and explain to the officer.

Yes I did on my N400, you are right there is a section where they ask about any crimes or issues so I did disclose that, and I will be taking with me the court docket and all files showing the final results and the closure of the case. Does anyone know if this would cause any issues? I read many articles that this is not considered a CIMT but want to know from someone who went through it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**Duplicate post removed and topic split to its own thread. Please keep all related questions to your specific case to this thread.**

 

VJ Moderation


03639.png                  

 🇷🇺  CR-1 via DCF in Moscow* (2016-2017) 🇺🇸 Info about my DCF experience here and here.

Spoiler

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad (USC + Russian husband) 👩‍❤️‍👨
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

 

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED.

 

I-90 GC Replacment (for Erroneous GC)

22-Jul-2017: GC arrives in the mail – error in middle name 😕

01-Aug-2017: Sent in I-90 online via website

05-Aug-2017: Biometrics scheduled

23-Aug-2017: Biometrics done @ USCIS office; told to keep GC!

16-Jul-2018: RFE for original card!! 🤬

31-Jul-2018: USCIS Appointment at local field office..

22-Aug-2018: Mailed GC back to USCIS in response to RFE

29-Aug-2018: GC received by USCIS

17-Sep-2018: Received CORRECTED GC in the mail! Finally!! 😂

 

📑 I-751 Removal of Conditions - NBC (Apr-2019-???) 📝 MSC I-751 filers: Track your case here!

Spoiler

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office  

??-???-2019: TBA...

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens! 🇺🇸

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 11:12 AM, Lnzo9 said:

Yes I did on my N400, you are right there is a section where they ask about any crimes or issues so I did disclose that, and I will be taking with me the court docket and all files showing the final results and the closure of the case. Does anyone know if this would cause any issues? I read many articles that this is not considered a CIMT but want to know from someone who went through it.

I read somewhere that as long as you explained it to the officer, it should be usually fine. But YMMV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yippy_j said:

I read somewhere that as long as you explained it to the officer, it should be usually fine. But YMMV.

I really hope so. Surprisingly, I couldnt find alot of resources online about this topic. Will continue to look and hopefully someone who have been in the same situation can respond.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×