Jump to content
Spiritandliv

One Year Later and Nothing

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

It’s been almost a year since we’ve filed for the 485 and everyone who’s filed around us has gotten an interview scheduled already. We’ve tried calling but you can no longer speak to a real person and Orlando has abandon the immigrants here by no longer accepting infopass appointments. There’s been no update online we’ve called numerous times when you could still speak with an agent and they told us everything was fine even though the status online still says “Notice was returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it.” I received an email that an action was taken October 11 2018 but no one can tell me what that action was, it’s not reflected on the computer and we received no notice. My husband still has no EAD card even though he did his biometrics all the way back in July. We literally don’t even know what to do anymore since USCIS has abandon us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you move during the process? Changed mailing address?


K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spiritandliv said:

you can no longer speak to a real person and Orlando has abandon the immigrants here by no longer accepting infopass appointments.

Many of the field offices across different States have stopped applicants from scheduling their own infopass appointments using the online system (in part due to resources being clogged up by those who didn't really have a need for an appointment---ie. those taking an appointment slot away from someone in need to ask "what form should I fill out/what evidence should I submit" and things like that which can easily be found out through their website/form instructions).

 

Applicants still obtain an infopass appointment under certain circumstances, however they now need to request it over the phone with USCIS's customer service line.  If they determine an appointment is necessary they will help schedule one.

 

Another alternative is to ask to be transferred to a L2 officer who can look into your actual case details and give more pointed information (if you haven't already), instead of speaking only to the L1 agents who initially answer the phone.


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spiritandliv said:

I included a photo just in case you think I’m exaggerating. 

E7F0363C-C5E1-478F-A4CF-B697611A0779.jpeg

What is this horrible app you're using? Why are the dates out of order and why so many different MSC numbers? 


Adjusting from TN to GC as spouse of USC

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-11: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - approved 

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expires 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 10:12 AM, Going through said:

Many of the field offices across different States have stopped applicants from scheduling their own infopass appointments using the online system (in part due to resources being clogged up by those who didn't really have a need for an appointment---ie. those taking an appointment slot away from someone in need to ask "what form should I fill out/what evidence should I submit" and things like that which can easily be found out through their website/form instructions).

 

Applicants still obtain an infopass appointment under certain circumstances, however they now need to request it over the phone with USCIS's customer service line.  If they determine an appointment is necessary they will help schedule one.

 

Another alternative is to ask to be transferred to a L2 officer who can look into your actual case details and give more pointed information (if you haven't already), instead of speaking only to the L1 agents who initially answer the phone.

Except you can no longer speak to a real person at all when you call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 11:44 AM, eckoin said:

What is this horrible app you're using? Why are the dates out of order and why so many different MSC numbers? 

It’s USCIS’s case tracker the dates are out of order because those are the dates they were last updated. Those MSC numbers are all the ones in order filed around my husbands, my husbands being the one in yellow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spiritandliv said:

It’s USCIS’s case tracker the dates are out of order because those are the dates they were last updated. Those MSC numbers are all the ones in order filed around my husbands, my husbands being the one in yellow. 

That makes way more sense. I didn't know that existed. 

 

You've spoken with a tier 2 rep I assume? This could be a USPS issue. I've been paranoid about our mailbox in the beginning, because I've read that some mail delivery personnel won't deliver government documents if they're "not sure" the person lives there for some weird reason, so I've seen recommendations that people add their names to the mailbox. Maybe you have a crappy delivery person. 


Adjusting from TN to GC as spouse of USC

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-11: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - approved 

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expires 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 7:15 AM, Spiritandliv said:

It’s been almost a year since we’ve filed for the 485 and everyone who’s filed around us has gotten an interview scheduled already. We’ve tried calling but you can no longer speak to a real person and Orlando has abandon the immigrants here by no longer accepting infopass appointments. There’s been no update online we’ve called numerous times when you could still speak with an agent and they told us everything was fine even though the status online still says “Notice was returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it.” I received an email that an action was taken October 11 2018 but no one can tell me what that action was, it’s not reflected on the computer and we received no notice. My husband still has no EAD card even though he did his biometrics all the way back in July. We literally don’t even know what to do anymore since USCIS has abandon us. 

You've said it's only been a year, which is still within processing times. Processing times for Orlando is 13-19.5 months. Receipt date for case inquiry for Orlando is August 29, 2017. According to your timeline your NOA date is April 23, 2018. You've still got several months before a case inquiry is warranted. Otherwise, you are just using USCIS resources that could be spent adjudicating cases that were in line before you. As for your EAD and AP, you should have received that. Contact your representatives.

Edited by junkmart

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

 

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-02-27 Package received

2019-02-27 Priority Date

2019-03-04 Notice Date

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×