22 posts in this topic

Write to congress person, and complain the service center is too slow, don't mention your case asking for special treatment just say it's slow in general compared to the fastest one. If more people involve their congress person it could apply pressure. Just a suggestion, but venting on a forum isn't going to make it faster. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

14 hours ago, missileman said:

there are usually more than a million I-130s in the queue all the time

And tomorrow, the new H1B season starts. That means in the first several days of April, there will be 200,000+ I-129 petitions filed. They Fedex trucks are already lining up outside of the Service Centers...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

And tomorrow, the new H1B season starts. That means in the first several days of April, there will be 200,000+ I-129 petitions filed. They Fedex trucks are already lining up outside of the Service Centers...

What is the H1B season?

26 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

What is the H1B season?

The work visa. Every year, there are 85,000 H1B work visas issued from the US. The first available date to apply is April 1st. For the past many years, within the first few days USCIS always received in the neighborhood of 200,000-250,000 petitions and therefore stopped accepting applications after 5 days, and conducted a lottery to choose which ones get accepted. They still have to process and adjudicate all of those petitions.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-news/time-lapse-video-shows-flooding-of-lincolns-north-wellfield

a lot of Nebraska is now and has been under floods including Lincoln where this office is

although this office may or may not be flooded itself

all mail and delivers going in and out of Nebraska are difficult as many major roads are closed and  damaged

we went thru this center for our visa / very slow even when weather is not an issue/  they eventually transferred our case to Missouri for faster processing 

wishing you success  but none of us control mother nature and in this case it is not only because it is Nebraska Center and Ghana but weather issue as i am sure if it is open not all their workers can get to work

27 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-news/time-lapse-video-shows-flooding-of-lincolns-north-wellfield

a lot of Nebraska is now and has been under floods including Lincoln where this office is

although this office may or may not be flooded itself

all mail and delivers going in and out of Nebraska are difficult as many major roads are closed and  damaged

we went thru this center for our visa / very slow even when weather is not an issue/  they eventually transferred our case to Missouri for faster processing 

wishing you success  but none of us control mother nature and in this case it is not only because it is Nebraska Center and Ghana but weather issue as i am sure if it is open not all their workers can get to work

I wish people would stop spreading their assumptions and rumors around. Lincoln isn't flooded. A spot where they get one of their water supplies is flooded 20+ miles away. Let's stop spreading rumors or unknown speculations. 

Attached is a map of where USCIS is 0 miles to where the flooding is 22.58 miles away in a straight line. 

Sure maybe someone works over there, but that's probably like a handful of people who knows. But guess what happens if a person's house is destroyed? They try to get their life back together by finding a place to stay and getting back to work because what can they do if nature destroys their home? Nothing you get up and get back to life. I've been there hurricane Andrew. The plenty of other storms along the way. Family all works for local gov't or state gov't back to work we went. 

So when you go out looking for reasons why this place is slow do more research on your speculation before spreading it around. No one needs to stress out more than they are. 

image.png.d3e411c01d0bcff7a303b14cea5e051f.png

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

I think the OP’s issue is the previous denial. I’m sure it slows down the second attempt. I’m sure they look at everything even more closely. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.