Tavendan

Old Passport only evidence of entry from Canada 2001

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter was born in Quebec in 2000 and we moved to USA in 2001. Her information was on my passport and the stamp there is only one stamp on my passport. I am having a hard time proving to USCIS that this was the practice (Family passport ) back in 2001. I need to find documentation for this. I have found articles, etc. but not any legal documents. Does anyone have still have  their old passport (or a copy) of when Canada issued one passport per per family? Showing how the border patrol would stamp them when them when the family came across.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Only thing I've found are these regulations published by Canadian Border Services Agency where on page 32 it describes (extremely briefly!) how Family Passports no longer included children since December 2001.  It does then go on to include photos of various types of passports previously issued to Canadians.

http://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2015/asfc-cbsa/PS38-10-2014-eng.pdf

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Before 9/11 you didnt even NEED a passport to enter the USA.  I would show documentation of that passports will be required after X date for entry as well.  I suppose if you immigrated and had a visa then there was a family passport but im unsure if US law required at that time that everyone needed their own visa or not. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Thank you for that document NikLR! That is a great help.

This is the stamp on my passport. I want to verify that the 2 represents that the border patrol circled represents that he admitted both myself and my daughter, which he did. I

Im not sure where else I can find out more info on other US Admission Stamps. Any ideas?

Thanks!

US Admitted Stamp 2001.JPG

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Tavendan said:

Thank you for your help!

You're welcome---was the only thing I could find online so hope it helps.

Only other thing I can suggest is contacting CBSA via email or phone and asking them if they would be willing to issue you a formal statement confirming this was the practice back then...it's a long-shot, but perhaps if you get a compassionate individual on the phone they may be willing to provide you with *something*  if you explain it's for US immigration purposes.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tavendan said:

TThat was a great idea Going through !!! I can't thank you enough! Already contacted them and sent a copy of the stamp...

Best of luck---CBSA was pretty helpful to me in the past when I needed documents/confirmation letters they normally don't provide.  

Timeline

Identification Mystery... Does anyone have any idea what the class NC means? or is it NL, I can't really tell.  

I'm pretty sure the LOS is the Port of Entry Los Angeles (please correct me if I'm wrong)  and I'm trying to confirm that the 2 is the fact that he admitted both my daughter and I on the same passport. 

I've been searching high and low for others who have the same stamp without the number on it, so i can show that most people don't have a number, but I haven't found any. 

The class NC is puzzling as well. 

2106840787_USAdmittedStamp2001.JPG.ad6e095c3b1e9d7c18a05999b73468fc.JPG

Timeline

I found an Immigration Abbreviations webpage and NC means Name Check. I wonder if that means that because my baby was on my passport name only and no picture?

Timeline

I believe the NL means "no limit" (in other words CBP did not shorten your duration of stay less than six months by writing in a numerical date).

I've had that written in my passport as well from time to time.

Edited by Going through

Timeline
Just now, Going through said:

I believe the NL means "no limit" (in other words CBP did not shorten your duration of stay less than six months by writing in a numerical date).

I've had that written in my passport as well from time to time.

Even Better!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.