59 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sushisheeshee said:

I wish they did wait a bit longer :(... haha. Anyhow, we know how mine's going to turn out. 

it will probably suck 10x more hearing it from the consul. lol

Don't beat yourself up. Nobody could have known at the time how the things will turn out and there's no point in looking back. Just try to go on with your life, you'll get here eventually.

9 minutes ago, sushisheeshee said:

I wish they did wait a bit longer :(... haha. Anyhow, we know how mine's going to turn out. 

it will probably suck 10x more hearing it from the consul. lol

Don't worry. They might let it go.

It took me over 2 years to understand how CSPA work, not until my brother-in-law got approved.

Cheer

2 hours ago, samuelam said:

It took me over 2 years to understand how CSPA work, not until my brother-in-law got approved.

Cheer

They don’t “let it go”. Either your CSPA age is under 21, or it’s not. I’m not sure why it took you that long to understand but anyway there are calculators online too. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
2 hours ago, samuelam said:

Cheer

They will not let it go.  

The law is the law.  The CO is not allowed to break the law.  The CO is not going to let it go when the law clearly says the aged out beneficiary is not eligible for a visa.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Juniper said:

I know you asked about questions in the interview.  Let me start with the important "originals" that were asked for in the Embassy before actual CO interview:

1. Guard shack asked for Pony Express confirmation page (do that thru https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ )  and International Passport ... did not ask for Interview Appointment letter

2. Before CO interview, they asked for International Passport, visa photos, medical exam sealed package, original police records and original birth certificate.  Did not ask anything about Affidavit of Support original documents (including w-2 from sponsor) that were part of the instruction list to bring.  3 years ago for a K-1 visa interview, they did ask for Affidavit of Support original documents (including w-2 from sponsor).

3. Questions asked by CO at interview were: How long have your parents been married?  Who do you live with now?  Where do your parents live now in the USA?

4. My son (F2A visa) knows English quite well and he planned to ... and was able to speak English through all of the interview.  The CO appeared to be happy for him and said his visa was approved and welcome to the USA.

Thanks a lot!

3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

They will not let it go.  

The law is the law.  The CO is not allowed to break the law.  The CO is not going to let it go when the law clearly says the aged out beneficiary is not eligible for a visa.  

I understand what you mean. I'm sure she said it to cheer me up, not to keep my hopes up. :)

Edited by sushisheeshee

18 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

They don’t “let it go”. Either your CSPA age is under 21, or it’s not. I’m not sure why it took you that long to understand but anyway there are calculators online too. 

I agree, they won't just let it go. It is the law and there's requirements to qualify.

There are things people take time to understand. We all don't have the same level of understanding. I think that's why this forum was built in the first place. :)

9 minutes ago, sushisheeshee said:

I understand what you mean. I'm sure she said it to cheer me up, not to keep my hopes up. :)

Giving people false hope in situations like this can be costly. 

4 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Giving people false hope in situations like this can be costly. 

Yeah I know. :( I completely agree.

but the process has already cost me so much in the first place. 😂

They made me pay the fees, go through the medicals... even scheduled an interview!

It's crazy. Only to find out I don't qualify for the cspa.

But at the same time, getting people's opinion and knowledge about this case gives me a heads up. So that I'd know what to expect. :)

I'm grateful for all the replies here. 

Cheers! 

Edited by sushisheeshee

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Chill. the member already have lots of stress . You just want to tell me I'm dumb..OK

1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

They will not let it go.  

You are not the CO going to interview, no one is breaking the LAW.  member already stress out. chill

4 hours ago, samuelam said:

Chill. the member already have lots of stress . You just want to tell me I'm dumb..OK

So you think you giving someone false hope only to see them disappointed after the interview is reducing stress? So that all the plans and ideas your false hope led them to believe was in line get crushed to dust? Great solution...not.  At least this member understands what she is in line for and can prepare for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.