Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About samuelam

  • Rank
  • Member # 225991

Profile Information

  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

429 profile views
  1. samuelam

    I-134 co sponsor

    Sorry for the miss type - I-864 for your mom and I864A for you dad as household member.
  2. I'm sorry, I think you are correct. We did our AOS before April 2017, we didn't have a interview, Sorry for giving you wrong information
  3. I think you need to put Mathew with the single "t" on item 3 -Other Name you have used Since Birth.
  4. samuelam

    I-134 co sponsor

    You will have your mom file I-896 and your dad file I-896A together.
  5. Most K1 AOS don't require interview. Did you get the USCIS letter in mail yet?
  6. You could use your marriage certificate. If you only changing or adding your spouse surname USCIS shouldn't send you a RFE for proof of name change.
  7. samuelam

    I-134F Co-sponsor retiring

    I'm planning as a co-sponsor for my brother-in-law. I found this link: explain I-864 using asset. https://www.***removed***/affidavit-of-support/using-assets-meet-income-requirements.html Let me know if you have questions
  8. 1. Current Legal Name: Use the name on your ID. Some people changed their last name to after they got marry. 2. Your Name Exactly as it appears on your Permanent Resident Card: Very clear 3. Other Name you have used Since Birth: BC name or maiden name.
  9. sorry for my miss spelling. Should said UK use English as USA also.
  10. I really don't think is a need. Since UK use English and we do too. Only country with DL not in English to use in USA
  11. IDP is just a translation of different language from your country Driver License. I did go to my Secretary of State and inquire about IDP. They told me it is not a government issue documentation, it is just a translation of your DL by a private company.
  12. samuelam

    I-134F Co-sponsor retiring

    Yes, you could use your saving. Here is the Part 7 Item 10 on your I-864 instruction: Item Number 10. Total Value of Assets. In order to qualify based on the value of your assets, the total value of your assets must equal at least five times the difference between your total household income and the current Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household size. However, if you are a U.S. citizen and you are sponsoring your spouse or child age 18 years of age or older, the total value of your assets must only be equal to at least three times the difference. If the intending immigrant is a foreign national orphan who will be adopted in the United States after he or she acquires legal permanent residence, and who will, as a result, acquire citizenship under section 320 of the INA, the total value of your assets need only equal the difference. Example of How to Use Assets: If you are petitioning for a parent and the poverty line for your household size is $22,062 and your current income is $18,062, the difference between your current income and the poverty line is $4,000. In order for assets to help you qualify, the combination of your assets, plus the assets of any household member who is signing Form I-864A, plus any available assets of the sponsored immigrant, would have to equal five times this difference (5 x $4,000). In this case, you would meet the income requirements if the net value of the assets equaled at least $20,000.
  13. Register to vote only apply to citizen. Check if you need to get your SSN before applying for you DL.
  14. Currently for India F2A is 2017-01-08, Send you I130 ASAP., if you don't have you Green Card yet, just copy all your passport pages with the application. I submitted my brother-in-law I130 application the first day my mother-in-law arrived in USA.