Jump to content
sushisheeshee

F2A Child of LPR

59 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

can you please tell me how did you get cspa to apply to your case did you have to request nvc  or they automatically applied cspa my situation is that based on my PD my BD   im covered by cspa but nvc changed my category to f2b but im disputing that cspa be reviewd and they have put the request to have cspa reviewed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sushisheeshee said:

Hi I'm 22 and I'll be having my interview 2 weeks from now. I'm still under F2A because of CSPA.

 

(PD: Aug 10 2016)

(DOB: Oct 4 1996)

 

What are the possible questions that will be asked during the interview?

 

Thanks

When your petition approved? I could send you the calulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kingjb said:

can you please tell me how did you get cspa to apply to your case did you have to request nvc  or they automatically applied cspa my situation is that based on my PD my BD   im covered by cspa but nvc changed my category to f2b but im disputing that cspa be reviewd and they have put the request to have cspa reviewed

My CSPA age is 19. It freezes. your CSPA age is calculated by subtracting the number of days your petition was pending (pending time) from your age on the date an immigrant visa becomes available to you (age at time of visa availability). However, you must remain unmarried in order to qualify.

 

So really, if we are talking about time, it depends on how soon your petitioner petitioned you. I believe there is no action needed to acquire CSPA. It just automatically happens when your PD becomes current. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kingjb said:

can you please tell me how did you get cspa to apply to your case did you have to request nvc  or they automatically applied cspa my situation is that based on my PD my BD   im covered by cspa but nvc changed my category to f2b but im disputing that cspa be reviewd and they have put the request to have cspa reviewed

USCIS will do the calculation and approve on your I-797 notice:

Under Notice Type :

image.png.31d75d56b0169035c7d33e2fb522c431.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sushisheeshee said:

My CSPA age is 19. It freezes. your CSPA age is calculated by subtracting the number of days your petition was pending (pending time) from your age on the date an immigrant visa becomes available to you (age at time of visa availability). However, you must remain unmarried in order to qualify.

 

So really, if we are talking about time, it depends on how soon your petitioner petitioned you. I believe there is no action needed to acquire CSPA. It just automatically happens when your PD becomes current. 

F2A for unmarried child under 21 doesn't freeze the age. It only apply to US citizen child for IR2 visa.

 

The date for your I-130 petition approved is factor in the CSPA calculation.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes uscis told me i was covered and i use the calculator for cspa shoes my cspa age as 19 years and 3 months but nvc still changed me to f2 b currently disputing but nvc every body there tells me some thing different today i was told they no longer review cspa and will be done at interview but for last 2 months i been calling them i was being told cspa is under review

 

my pd 12/23/2016

approval 11/5/2018

dob 9/15/1997

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, samuelam said:

F2A for unmarried child under 21 doesn't freeze the age. It only apply to US citizen child for IR2 visa.

 

The date for your I-130 petition approved is factor in the CSPA calculation.

 

 

 

Thanks for clarifying!

1 minute ago, flyspot said:

yes uscis told me i was covered and i use the calculator for cspa shoes my cspa age as 19 years and 3 months but nvc still changed me to f2 b currently disputing but nvc every body there tells me some thing different today i was told they no longer review cspa and will be done at interview but for last 2 months i been calling them i was being told cspa is under review

 

my pd 12/23/2016

approval 11/5/2018

dob 9/15/1997

How did you find out that you were moved to category F2B?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

logging in to ceac i was able to pay all the fees complete ds260 submit all documents was just waiting for review to be completed but out of no where it just went to f2b  and i was no longer able to do anything on ceac 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flyspot said:

logging in to ceac i was able to pay all the fees complete ds260 submit all documents was just waiting for review to be completed but out of no where it just went to f2b  and i was no longer able to do anything on ceac 

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what happened with mine... and how I reached to this point of waiting for my interview if I'm not eligible for CSPA.. I'm getting nervous about that too.

 

My PD was Aug 10 2016

DOB Oct 4 1996

Approval date March 13, 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, flyspot said:

yes uscis told me i was covered and i use the calculator for cspa shoes my cspa age as 19 years and 3 months but nvc still changed me to f2 b currently disputing but nvc every body there tells me some thing different today i was told they no longer review cspa and will be done at interview but for last 2 months i been calling them i was being told cspa is under review

 

my pd 12/23/2016

approval 11/5/2018

dob 9/15/1997

image.png.0bfc48e546d6374cff1fd291d74c7fe3.png

 I see your visa is available this month. You should be protected by CSPA.

 

I did see a posting this month has the same issue like you, NVC change the visa type to F2B. 

They call NVC and request for a review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sushisheeshee said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what happened with mine... and how I reached to this point of waiting for my interview if I'm not eligible for CSPA.. I'm getting nervous about that too.

 

My PD was Aug 10 2016

DOB Oct 4 1996

Approval date March 13, 2017

Are you sure on your approval year is 2017?

If so your visa should be available on October 2018 (if you are not from China, India, Mexico, or Philippines)

 

image.png.07943c0730489af955ce62f0d334e878.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×