Jump to content
fluffykim

New I-134 Affidavit of Support

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

HI all

 

a few questions on the form please:

 

1.  Question 2 about your Beneficiary 

  • he has an "a" number on my NOA2 (form 797) that came in the mail.  Do i put that in there, or no?

 

2.  Income and Asset section

  • starting off with my income is above and beyond the level that is needed. 
  • value of other personal property.  Do they mean cars, boats, etc?  
  • value of my stocks and bonds.  Do they mean my 401(k)?  should i even bother with a value because then i have to list it all out as part of the appendix

 

3.  Proof

  • i work for a major organization, they provide proof of employment from a vendor, not on letterhead.  Is that official enough?
  • I have my bank statements
  • i am not self employed so appears i do not need tax forms (correct)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

HI all

 

a few questions on the form please:

 

1.  Question 2 about your Beneficiary 

  • he has an "a" number on my NOA2 (form 797) that came in the mail.  Do i put that in there, or no?

 

2.  Income and Asset section

  • starting off with my income is above and beyond the level that is needed. 
  • value of other personal property.  Do they mean cars, boats, etc?  
  • value of my stocks and bonds.  Do they mean my 401(k)?  should i even bother with a value because then i have to list it all out as part of the appendix

 

3.  Proof

  • i work for a major organization, they provide proof of employment from a vendor, not on letterhead.  Is that official enough?
  • I have my bank statements
  • i am not self employed so appears i do not need tax forms (correct)?

1.Yes. 

2.If your annual income is higher than the poverty guideline,you don't need to attatch the other asset .We prepared the employment letter,life insurance, 401k,bank letter also included car as personal property but on the interview, they only asked for 1040 forms of  recent 3 years. If you want,just bring as much as you can get. 

3.1040 forms are necessary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the instructions....am i missing where else it says tax forms?  I see only if self emplyed

 

Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:
A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details
regarding the account:
(1) Date account opened;
(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and
(3) Present balance.


B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:
(1) Date and nature of employment;
(2) Salary paid; and
(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent.


C. If self-employed:
(1) Copy of last income tax return filed; or
(2) Report of commercial rating concern.


D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fluffykim said:

From the instructions....am i missing where else it says tax forms?  I see only if self emplyed

 

Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:
A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details
regarding the account:
(1) Date account opened;
(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and
(3) Present balance.


B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:
(1) Date and nature of employment;
(2) Salary paid; and
(3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent.


C. If self-employed:
(1) Copy of last income tax return filed; or
(2) Report of commercial rating concern.


D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

i134 ,page 3,item 3,annual income. The sponsor needs to prove it.So you need the 1040 form 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2.  If you meet the requirements based on income, you do not need to complete the information or provide proof of assets.  

 

3.  For JA they accept as proof of income only the following items:

 

Tax transcript for the past three years

Copies of W-2's for the past three years

Letter from your employer

Six months of Payroll Checkstubs

 

Irrelevant Evidence at JA:

 

Bank Statements

 


Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you would include her in the number only if you are financially supporting her in JA.

 

Be aware that if you do not provide the three years of W-2's or tax transcripts regardless of income, they will tell you to get a co-sponsor.  They take your three years and average them to get a baseline of income.  

 

 


Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

you would include her in the number only if you are financially supporting her in JA.

 

Be aware that if you do not provide the three years of W-2's or tax transcripts regardless of income, they will tell you to get a co-sponsor.  They take your three years and average them to get a baseline of income.  

 

 

Sorry. Just to clarify. So I only put the child down IF financially supporting?  Otherwise n/a?

13FB4E7B-FDED-49E5-9E3E-8BE3F9781665.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

yes you put his children down as beneficiary's children

 

Here a sample completed form, but it the previous version but it gives you an idea what to complete.

 

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

 

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 7:47 PM, Pinkrlion said:

yes you put his children down as beneficiary's children

 

Here a sample completed form, but it the previous version but it gives you an idea what to complete.

 

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

 

Thank you Pink

 

I printed off 3 years of transcripts from IRS site (2015.2016.2017)  2018 is not out yet but i will bring my 2018 W2 just in case.  I also have leetter from my employer with my title, my start date, im full time, my salary.

anything im missing you think?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fluffykim said:

Thank you Pink

 

I printed off 3 years of transcripts from IRS site (2015.2016.2017)  2018 is not out yet but i will bring my 2018 W2 just in case.  I also have leetter from my employer with my title, my start date, im full time, my salary.

anything im missing you think?  

Checkstubs to show 2019 income.  


Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 6:52 PM, Pinkrlion said:

Checkstubs to show 2019 income.  

Thank you.  I have 3 years of IRS transcripts AND my 2018 w2

 

I will print off all my 2019 paystubs up to the date to schedule my interview

 

I also have my letter from my employer

 

think im good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Greenbaum I just came back from the embassy, the Consul said: the joint sponsor doesn't work for us since even though she has plenty of income, she spends a lot of it at the same time, is not like she doesn't have savings or really spends all of is just the way they process the tax to get less taxation I guess, anyway we need a new joint sponsor, now, my question is he said I'm approved but still need to send those documents, he kept my passport, is this a big deal? Are they going to keep my passport till I send the new affidavit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

@Greenbaum I just came back from the embassy, the Consul said: the joint sponsor doesn't work for us since even though she has plenty of income, she spends a lot of it at the same time, is not like she doesn't have savings or really spends all of is just the way they process the tax to get less taxation I guess, anyway we need a new joint sponsor, now, my question is he said I'm approved but still need to send those documents, he kept my passport, is this a big deal? Are they going to keep my passport till I send the new affidavit? 

When a embassy keeps your passport that is a GOOD thing! But in your case there is more work to do as the approval is contingent on you providing a "new" co-sponsor. Find the new co-sponsor and you will have a visa. This has been a gray area for many years with Embassy's. Each has a different requirement. Your's seem to be a little more trickery when it views cases like yours.

 

Again, do what the ask for and you will have a visa if they accept your co-sponsor. If not then you face denial. Good luck. 


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 11:35 AM, Greenbaum said:

When a embassy keeps your passport that is a GOOD thing! But in your case there is more work to do as the approval is contingent on you providing a "new" co-sponsor. Find the new co-sponsor and you will have a visa. This has been a gray area for many years with Embassy's. Each has a different requirement. Your's seem to be a little more trickery when it views cases like yours.

 

Again, do what the ask for and you will have a visa if they accept your co-sponsor. If not then you face denial. Good luck. 

@Greenbaum how much time do you think I have for sending this document? I was requested for it by the consulate officer at the interview 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×