suhridkhan

2018 Tax Return and Affidavit of Support

21 posts in this topic

I just mailed my 2018 tax return today. Based on my 2017 income I don't make enough to be the only sponsor.

For submitting the i-864, do I need to wait till the tax return is accepted by the IRS? Or, I can just submit it with my signed 1040 and 2018 W2? Or, do I have to wait till the tax transcript becomes available?

Hopefully, someone expert has the answer.

Thanks in advance.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You should be find with copies of the 1040 and W2s, you don't need to wait for a transcript.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, KJ2 said:

I submitted with a 2018 1040 and accompanying W2 and it was accepted with no problems, case complete. good luck

Thanks.

I submitted mine, and hoping for the best.

As for you, I would recommend taking the IRS tax transcript along during the interview if it becomes available.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

8 minutes ago, suhridkhan said:

Thanks.

I submitted mine, and hoping for the best.

As for you, I would recommend taking the IRS tax transcript along during the interview if it becomes available.

Yeah it will totally depend when my interview is. I am case complete waiting for my date! We'll see

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 3/26/2019 at 10:57 AM, Bill & Katya said:

You should be find with copies of the 1040 and W2s, you don't need to wait for a transcript.

Good Luck!

Correct for the NVC stage. Have the transcript at the interview.  Note that unless you are self employed you do not qualify or not qualify based on 2018 income.  You qualify based on current income, which DOES NOT come from a a tax return.  2018 ended three months in the past.  

"Current income"comes from and is documented with a pay stub.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 3/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, suhridkhan said:

I just mailed my 2018 tax return today. Based on my 2017 income I don't make enough to be the only sponsor.

For submitting the i-864, do I need to wait till the tax return is accepted by the IRS? Or, I can just submit it with my signed 1040 and 2018 W2? Or, do I have to wait till the tax transcript becomes available?

Hopefully, someone expert has the answer.

Thanks in advance.

You can use your 2018 tax return as long as it is the entire return including all schedules and forms.  I used my 2017 transcript and my full 2018 return since the 2018 transcript wasn't available yet.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

You can use your 2018 tax return as long as it is the entire return including all schedules and forms.  I used my 2017 transcript and my full 2018 return since the 2018 transcript wasn't available yet.

For the NVC stage that is fine.  It's prudent to take the transcript to the Interview.  Recently many others' visa issuance has been delayed until they provide the transcript.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

For the NVC stage that is fine.  It's prudent to take the transcript to the Interview.  Recently many others' visa issuance has been delayed until they provide the transcript.

That is my plan.  I was just in a point where the 2018 taxes were filed but no transcript yet.  I sent the latest transcript to NVC (2017) and I assume the 2018 will be available before the interview.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 4/2/2019 at 7:41 PM, John & Rose said:

Did you guys pass the interview yet? I just got my medical done today and going to schedule interview. My wife has done her taxes so she should have a w2 / 1040 of this year. (with current payslip) And Transcripts from 15/16/17 right?

24 minutes ago, Dinheru said:

Did you guys pass the interview yet? I just got my medical done today and going to schedule interview. My wife has done her taxes so she should have a w2 / 1040 of this year. (with current payslip) And Transcripts from 15/16/17 right?

We are still at NVC!  Congrats on getting the medical done.  Keep in mind it expires in 6 months.  You have to make POE before October 8!

You only need the latest FULL return or the 2018 transcript.  There is no need for additional older transcripts.  Remember that the tax return would be everything sent to the IRS, not necessarily just the 1040 and W2.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Im leaving as soon as I have the visa onhand.

Xray got denied at first. Medical got denied, started sputum. Had to redo xray, all good after that. That was today. I send an email to the consulate for interview tomorrow or so. Should be fine. Last time I got the date 2 weeks ahead..

There was not even time for a medical

3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We are still at NVC!  Congrats on getting the medical done.  Keep in mind it expires in 6 months.  You have to make POE before October 8!

You only need the latest FULL return or the 2018 transcript.  There is no need for additional older transcripts.  Remember that the tax return would be everything sent to the IRS, not necessarily just the 1040 and W2.  

Worst case you redo medical

2 minutes ago, Dinheru said:

Im leaving as soon as I have the visa onhand.

Xray got denied at first. Medical got denied, started sputum. Had to redo xray, all good after that. That was today. I send an email to the consulate for interview tomorrow or so. Should be fine. Last time I got the date 2 weeks ahead..

There was not even time for a medical

Worst case you redo medical

Yes.  New fees and also involves Embassy review again. Either way you should be fine.  By October you will be together!

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 4/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, John & Rose said:

Yes.  New fees and also involves Embassy review again. Either way you should be fine.  By October you will be together!

Medical got approved. Got w2 and 1040.

Irs is possibly on its way. Interview in 1.5 week, so not sure. We added a joint. 2017 transcript. 2018 w2 and 1040 rdy. Transcript is requested.

Current income more than sufficient.

Is it true that 1040 is approximately 75 pages?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.