Brittani

AOS interview evidence?

5 posts in this topic

Me and my husband are in the waiting for an interview for AOS stage at the moment. He has his AP/EAD and a job. We just bought a house together however I was the only one on the loan due to him not working very long and plus sometimes it's better to do it with only one person on the loan anyway I applied for two different loans one I don't have to pay back after a certain amount of years. Free money who wouldn't however this particular loan wouldn't allow him to sign at closing because he wasn't actually on the loan. However, he was included on the deed to the house. Is this sufficient evidence when we have our interview? We have a joint bank account, we are on the same phone plan, he's on my health insurance and car insurance. Most of the bills are in my name but I'm going to work on changing that and having a few put in his name. I don't see why this would be an issue or cause any red flags with all the other evidence we have plus him being on the deed but I wanted to consult some of my experts here on visa journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Me and my husband are in the waiting for an interview for AOS stage at the moment. He has his AP/EAD and a job. We just bought a house together however I was the only one on the loan due to him not working very long and plus sometimes it's better to do it with only one person on the loan anyway I applied for two different loans one I don't have to pay back after a certain amount of years. Free money who wouldn't however this particular loan wouldn't allow him to sign at closing because he wasn't actually on the loan. However, he was included on the deed to the house. Is this sufficient evidence when we have our interview? We have a joint bank account, we are on the same phone plan, he's on my health insurance and car insurance. Most of the bills are in my name but I'm going to work on changing that and having a few put in his name. I don't see why this would be an issue or cause any red flags with all the other evidence we have plus him being on the deed but I wanted to consult some of my experts here on visa journey.

Having him on the deed is good evidence as is the joint bank account and car/health insurance. Similar to you, me and my wife bought a home almost 3 years ago. I was the only one on the loan but we were able to have her listed on the deed. We used all this information as evidence when we filed our application for Removal of Conditions on Green card. You'll probably be fine with what you've described. Good luck.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Brittani said:

. I don't see why this would be an issue or cause any red flags with all the other evidence we have plus him being on the deed but I wanted to consult some of my experts here on visa journey.

You have better evidence than most for AOS. I got through removing conditions and citizenship without being on the mortgage or deed. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 3/26/2019 at 11:26 AM, Brittani said:

You should be fine. I'm not on the mortgage since my now husband bought the house before I moved here, and we're not going to refinance the house just to prove to USCIS that our marriage is real (it costs a lot of money to do so, and the mortgage would go up cause of my credit score) We have all the bills and the house/car/health insurance in both names. We also have a joint bank account and I'm a authorized user on his credit cards. Once I'm through the background check and drug screening for my new job, we will also get a life insurance in both names (yay for benefits)

My point is, you don't need the deed or mortgage in both names if you have sufficient other evidence. If you don't have an interview date yet, get the bills in both names. On top of everything else you should have more than enough evidence!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/26/2019 at 11:26 AM, Brittani said:

this sounds enough for aos.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.