AOSFairfax

March 2019 AOS Filers

71 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, AOSFairfax said:

Unfortunately, no. It's been 31 days since I applied for the expedite and have not heard anything since I faxed in my evidence. kind of losing hope anything will happen with it lol. Hoping we both get good news soon! Have you heard anything yet?

Nothing... Last Friday the EAD processing time moved back from 6,5 months to 8,5 months and I got so mad. I've cried a lot and decided not to spend too much time anymore on VJ because reading the other stories makes me more anxious.

My field office waiting time also moved to 13,5 months to 22 months from 10 months. 

We are at 86 days now so I'm trying to keep my mind busy. I was really hoping to get the EAD before September but it seems like it's not gonna happen. But who knows? Maybe a fairy Godmother will help for all of us. 

16 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

Nothing... Last Friday the EAD processing time moved back from 6,5 months to 8,5 months and I got so mad. I've cried a lot and decided not to spend too much time anymore on VJ because reading the other stories makes me more anxious.

My field office waiting time also moved to 13,5 months to 22 months from 10 months. 

We are at 86 days now so I'm trying to keep my mind busy. I was really hoping to get the EAD before September but it seems like it's not gonna happen. But who knows? Maybe a fairy Godmother will help for all of us. 

Ugh yes, I noticed the increased timelines too. My LFO also increased from 8 months to 10-21.5 months.. I was also hoping to have some news of an EAD or interview being scheduled before the fall but it's starting to look like that's not going to be the case anymore. I know, the best thing to do is to try to keep busy with other stuff in the meantime and not drive ourselves crazy waiting although it's so hard. I've spent this time baking a lot haha and trying to take up running and enjoying the nice weather. We also have some family in town so that'll keep us busy for a bit

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! How's everyone doing? Any updates? Tomorrow we"ll reach the 4 months with our NOA1 and still no EAD or interview dates. However, I saw here in the Janurary forum, plus my friend who's field office is Downtown LA and she is also a January filer, started to get their appointment for an interview. My friend's interview will be at the beginning of August. So this gives me some hope...

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, chickenavocados said:

Had interview today - Immigration officer stated that she would recommend approval pending background check. will know more tonight

Congrats on the interview, hopefully your status will change to card is being produced soon. Please share experience in details when you have a chance? 

7 hours ago, Shiran said:

Congrats on the interview, hopefully your status will change to card is being produced soon. Please share experience in details when you have a chance? 

We filed back in February but did not get a NOA until March 4

My wife came on a B2 visa, I live in San Diego and she was living in Tijuana. She came in december and delivered the baby and we decided to do an AOS rather than a K3 or a CR1 visa

Had interview yesterday - pretty standard questions. 

Received approval this morning at 4am that our case had changed and that a green card had been ordered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
54 minutes ago, chickenavocados said:

Received approval this morning at 4am that our case had changed and that a green card had been ordered

Congrats on the end of this part, and reprieve from all form filings! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.