2,985 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Goyo said:

New York is one of the worst local office. I was told it make take one more year to get an interview appointment. I was approved in August 2018. We have one of the longest wait time.  Trust and believe that if USCIS made that mistake down the line they will find out. Make sure not to lie or provide false information if they ask. 

You are right about New York wait times! I try not to think about it..hoping for a miracle!

5 minutes ago, AJJU said:

Am very thankful to you for guiding us, should i send I-765 and I-912 also do i have to send I-131 for travel Advance Parole or will it by default advance parole ?

I hope sandra sees and answers your enquiry but I know people apply for the advance parole it's not by default! Goodluck!

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You are right about New York wait times! I try not to think about it..hoping for a miracle!

I think i was the only hoping for a miracle in NYC May 2017 filer September 2018 approved and FEBRUARY 2019 courtesy letter 

Was thinking its getting close when i got the courtesy letter. Still keep positive and focus 

3 minutes ago, MAYgirl said:

I think i was the only hoping for a miracle in NYC May 2017 filer September 2018 approved and FEBRUARY 2019 courtesy letter 

Was thinking its getting close when i got the courtesy letter. Still keep positive and focus 

Let's keep hoping and believing! Just one day and it will be over! At least it's moving along! If you're working..you won't have to go through the torture! It's something that has pulled me through the past two years! Work! And that's because I've always had my EAD c9 since 2017. Thank God for that😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MAYgirl said:

11 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I hope sandra sees and answers your enquiry but I know people apply for the advance parole it's not by default! Goodluck!

I have moved to California and will this harm my case ?

5 minutes ago, AJJU said:

I have moved to California and will this harm my case ?

I don't think it will harm your case if a proper change of address has been effected! As long as you have that taken care of you're good. That's my thought..so of course all opinions are welcome! 👍

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Hello everyone. I got a blue paper letter from USCIS stating that " During our review it was determined that the attached fee for your case 1765 was not needed. Therefore, we have returned the Money Order . 

Please what this mean because I know Uscis didn't refund checks. I filed 1765 c9

3 hours ago, MAYgirl said:

Hey, I got courtesy letter too. I got it in September. Getting a courtesy letter doesn’t mean you will get an interview quickly. I did my medical in January hoping that I was going to get interviewed in the next couple months. I will probably have to get the medical done again because I read that you can’t get medicals done two months or 3 months in advance. I also asked Sandra and she explained that      it make take a year or more to get interview in NY. Sandra said USCIS is processing AOS from August 2016. There is nothing we can do than wait and enjoy everyday. We are really lucky  and blessed to be alive and be able to apply for this benefit without the help of our abusers.🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, mister_tn said:
It seems like I've received prima facie for a year, what does it mean and what's good for? Would they eventually ask for more evidence? It's the first one

Prima Facie.PNG

Getting a prima facie means that they took a glance at the documents that you submitted and decided that you provided enough documents to establish a Vawa case. With Prima facie you can try to apply for some benefits such as, food stamp and/or Emergency Medicaid. It  does not means that you will not get a RFE during the waiting period. I personally received PF and never got a RFE. My case was approved without any inconvenience. 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

@GoyoThats true i thank God everyday for that blessings,I just focus on work and my family thats all we can do at this point and wait til our turn, i keep up to date on this forum and will follow advices and i not to redo my medical til i get a interview notice 

Heads up and keep positive We are all blessed 

Edited by MAYgirl

On 3/27/2019 at 7:04 PM, Blunt said:

hello Everybody, I just checked my status now after going for interview yesterday alone to tell the officer that I was abused by my wife and I gave the officer all the proofs she asked for ..all the proofs of the abuse and she still insisted that she will deny the i485 cause my wife wasn’t there ..I begged her that she should hold the i485 till my i360 is adjudicated but she said NO...so as I got home yesterday I saw on my status that we didn’t appear for the i485...now today I checked the status again it says they request for initial evidence was mailed out that if I didn’t receive it before April 11 I should go to the Uscis website to request for a copy of notice there ...could this be a mistake or they want some evidence from me ..what evidence do they need is it to hold the i485 or to approve my green card have never heard of this kind of scenario before please experienced fellas should put me through

Hi @Blunt! I also had the same experience as yours. Me and my lawyer went to my marriage-based I485 interview on July 2018, asked the officer to put it on hold since I will be filing VAWA but the officer was also very rude. She told us that she will deny my case because my spouse wasn't with us and put a "no-show' note on my case and there is nothing she can do about it. The next day, my lawyer sent a letter and email to USCIS Section Chief at Federal Plaza stating our experience with my interview and asking if my I485 be put on hold. We never got a response. It probably helped because my I485 is still active and was able to renew my EAD under c9 category. Btw, I received a denial for my I130 a week after my interview. So if they would deny your I485, I suggest you wait a for a week or 2 before filing a new one? 

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't realize this post was from almost 3 weeks ago. I was just reading previous posts. 

Edited by MGJ_NY

13 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

You need to request the I360 approval letter, it took me almost 3 months to get in the mail and same to made a change in the webpage.

The website no worries, it acts up so it must me a system glitch.

Ask your lawyer to request the document.

Thank you, :)will do so. Did you request that or just waited for three months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.