caiban1234

Can't find speeding ticket happened long time ago

8 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am preparing to fill N-400. in 2010, i lived in Louisiana and when traveled to Texas and got 1 speeding tickets. After that i called them and paid it in full. Now, i need to find the information of that ticket to fill in the form. But i dont remember exactly in what city and county i got that ticket . I have tried to call to different cities: houston, dallas, san antonio, austin and their counties in order to ask if they still have record of my ticket but  they couldn't find it. Could you please tell me what should i write in the N400 form Or i should just ignore it?

Edited by caiban1234
update

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Contact the DMV in Louisiana and ask for an "Abstract" of your driving record. It should be listed on that presumably:

https://dps.expresslane.org/officialdrivingrecord

Edited by rocklobstermass

K1

02/11/16 - Form I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

08/30/16 - Rio Consulate Interview - 221(g) - Incorrect State Police Certificate submitted - case approved pending submission of correct certificate

09/26/16 - Passport received (with K1 Visa)

10/04/16 - POE Atlanta

10/24/16 - SSN application submitted

10/29/16 - Marriage

AOS

11/10/16 - Forms I-485, I-765, and I-131 mailed to Chicago lockbox

12/21/16 - Biometrics Appointment - St Paul, MN

02/13/17 - I-765, I-131 Approved: New Card is being Produced

05/08/17 - I-485 NOA2 text and e-mail received (Approved - no interview)

05/13/17 - Conditional (2-year) Green Card Received

ROC

02/12/2019 - Form I-751 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

08/27/2019 - Biometrics (Walk-In) - St Paul, MN

12/17/2019 - I-751 Approved: New Card is being Produced (NO Interview)

12/21/2019 - 10-year Green Card received via USPS

N-400

02/08/2020 - Form N-400 Submitted Online

03/02/2020 - Biometrics Appointment - St Paul MN

02/22/2021 - N-400 Interview - Minneapolis, MN - APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think over the course of times I've lived here I've had about 4-5 speeding tickets, and a couple of reckless driving tickets from accidents (I'm obviously not a great driver) but at my N400 interview yesterday the officer didn't ask about them at all. Like NOTHING. I did have all the info with me showing they were paid etc. I don't know if its common for them to ask or not.....?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You don't need to mention the speeding ticket. A speeding ticket is not a crime, it is an infraction. Not necessary to mention it in the N-400 form. They do not want you to list traffic tickets. Again, traffic tickets are not "offenses" or "crimes" concerning the N-400 form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
29 minutes ago, love_my_wife said:

Wrong. Traffic ticket is a citation and you have to mention it in your N400 as there is a question of whether an applicant has ever been cited. They will ask for documentation only if the fine is above $500 for any ticket!

This is such a disputed interpretation. I read you only need to say yes if drugs or alcohol were involved......

I feel like with my driving history, and how I’m sure they do a search when checking your case, there is no way they wouldn’t know I had tickets. They specifically asked that question during interview and I said no. Not trying to hide anything but because my personal interpretation again with everything I’ve read said only if it was only if it was drugs or alcohol related. I could be wrong but I was just approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP appears to have received the ticket in Texas.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
16 hours ago, love_my_wife said:

Wrong. Traffic ticket is a citation and you have to mention it in your N400 as there is a question of whether an applicant has ever been cited. They will ask for documentation only if the fine is above $500 for any ticket!

No, you're wrong. If you bother to read the actual N-400 form, you will understand that it is not asking for infractions. Please read the form, or maybe you should ask an immigration official. Speeding tickets are almost always at the municipal level and count as infractions. If the fine was paid via the mail, it's an infraction. If a court appearance was warranted, then it might have risen to the level of a more serious "citation," such as a misdemeanor. You think the word "citation" means something beyond what it means. It doesn't. Which law school did you go to?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/19/2019 at 3:23 PM, love_my_wife said:

A dmv and tell them you had a ticket once in LA. They will tell you which county/court you paid the fine to. Then contact that court to get a certified letter saying that you paid the fine in full. I did it with Ohio BMV with my ticket in 2012 which I had no idea or info in 2018 and was able to get a cer

I got Ticket in Texas not Louisiana. I called to all possible courts and cities and counties in Texas but not able to find out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.