Jump to content
cece996

leaving while my status was adjusting

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

i got a k1 visa then migrated to the united states we got married within the 90 days and we filed for aos which had included i130 unfortunately my sister and father passed away and there was no time to file a eap so i left the united states without it or any other legal document after leaving they sent an appointment for me to do my biometrics but i wasn't there a week or 2 later i filied a i129 to apply for a k3 visa to continue my adjustment of status but its been pending for over a year. i went ahead and messaged the uscis and they responded that my case is on hold or suspense until the receive my bio metrics there is a uscis in Dominica republic can i just go there and do my bio metric? should i file a new i130 or leave the old one pending i really need some answers  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that's how it works.

 

You should probably cancel all your pending petitions and then start the CR1 from a scratch.


K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~Moved to IR1/CR1 P&P, from K1 P&P - The OP is looking at returning to the US after abandoning her AOS.~~


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cece996 said:

i got a k1 visa then migrated to the united states we got married within the 90 days and we filed for aos which had included i130 unfortunately my sister and father passed away and there was no time to file a eap so i left the united states without it or any other legal document after leaving they sent an appointment for me to do my biometrics but i wasn't there a week or 2 later i filied a i129 to apply for a k3 visa to continue my adjustment of status but its been pending for over a year. i went ahead and messaged the uscis and they responded that my case is on hold or suspense until the receive my bio metrics there is a uscis in Dominica republic can i just go there and do my bio metric? should i file a new i130 or leave the old one pending i really need some answers  

Filing an I-129F for a spouse is futile anyway but it must be filed with or after an I-130.  The process available to you is the CR1 visa process.  Start with the guides but also carefully study the I-130 instructions.  Forget about the K3 visa.  It hasn't been available for at least 9 years.   REALLY.

 

The lone I-129F you filed will be denied anyway but it would be prudent to withdraw it.  YOU would not file any petition.  Your US Citizen spouse does the petition filing.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you kindly for responding, also do i have to cancel all my other pending forms and start over with the CR1

17 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Filing an I-129F for a spouse is futile anyway but it must be filed with or after an I-130.  The process available to you is the CR1 visa process.  Start with the guides but also carefully study the I-130 instructions.  Forget about the K3 visa.  It hasn't been available for at least 9 years.   REALLY.

 

The lone I-129F you filed will be denied anyway but it would be prudent to withdraw it.  YOU would not file any petition.  Your US Citizen spouse does the petition filing.

do i have to cancel my other forms and start over?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cece996 said:

do i have to cancel my other forms and start over?

 

Yes.   Your spouse needs to file an I-130/I-130A petition.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cece996 said:

thank you kindly for responding, also do i have to cancel all my other pending forms and start over with the CR1

do i have to cancel my other forms and start over?

 

Withdraw anything that was filed before.  Your spouse will file an I-130 petition.  The I-130a is a required supplemental form.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×