Karim3_22

AOS Interview ( from K1)- no decision provided

14 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My wife and I went to the AOS interview today. Thought it went well and I was expecting to have a decision towards the end, but nothing. There were two officers in the room, and it seems the one who interviewed us was a trainee and I can tell the other IO was evaluating her. she asked my wife some questions, reviewed with her the I485 form for any changes, etc... then asked us if we have some addition document to provide for evidence. I provided her many proofs, such as lease, joint federal tax return, bank & credit card statement, health insurance, pictures etc.. I was the one who was offering documents, even medical exam since I had it I asked her if she needed it and she asked the other IO and he told her Yes. after that she gave us a form that the application will be further reviewed and we should expect a decision within 120 days. when she handed the form, she said additional security check is required... not sure what is this!! thought background check is completed before the application is approved.

Any advise guys how long it will take? is it normal to conduct further security checks?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same with mine. The decision was not given right away. I found it a day after when I checked it in the USCIS website. And then a week later,I receive my green card. 

6 hours ago, NovaDC said:

Same with mine. The decision was not given right away. I found it a day after when I checked it in the USCIS website. And then a week later,I receive my green card. 

Thanks, do you know why your case was not approved right away? did they say what's next?

My case status changed to "interview was completed and case must be reviewed". not sure how long I have to wait now

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, Karim3_22 said:

Thanks, do you know why your case was not approved right away? did they say what's next?

My case status changed to "interview was completed and case must be reviewed". not sure how long I have to wait now

They just said that they're going to review my paperworks. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please keep us posted if you hear back from them. My AOS interview is coming up and I came in on a K-1 as well. You'd think it would be easier since the Consulate already did a lot of work on the case...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 3/14/2019 at 9:45 PM, KV & TQ said:

Please keep us posted if you hear back from them. My AOS interview is coming up and I came in on a K-1 as well. You'd think it would be easier since the Consulate already did a lot of work on the case...

It's very common to not get a decision at the interview itself. It's actually more uncommon to get the decision right away.

The reason is pretty simple. Most IO's are not allowed to make the decision and have to hand it to a supervisor for the last check. In some cases they didn't finish the background check yet, so they'll have to wait for that.

Go into your interview with the expectation that you won't get a decision, it can take up to 3 months to get one (although it's usually somewhere from 1 day to 1 month)

5 hours ago, Karim3_22 said:

Just received an update. New card is being produced ! 

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.