AmyOlivia

Visa Status on CEAC Question

10 posts in this topic

Please see attached image.

1605629387_Visaapp.PNG.dbbb5b122c7a7a4b5268cbaad34cf068.PNG

My Visa is now officially listed as In Transit and therefore headed to the London Embassy/ Consulate, which is good.

What I don't understand/ am confused by is the fact that the NVC has provided me/ us with an interview date. This is not actually the case. I was under the impression that I would apply for the interview following the contact I am due to receive from the Embassy.

Is this common in this stage of the process? Approximately how long is it until the Visa is received and processed by the Embassy?

Thank you all in advance!

Edit: To clarify! The NVC hasn't told us about any interview date, and I've been trying to get in touch with them to no avail (even 9am till 9pm opening hours is impossible to get a hold of them!!). I've submitted my DS-160 and printed the confirmation page, as the forums around here seem to agree that this is actually good to get done before I receive contact from the Embassy. 

Edited by AmyOlivia
Clarification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ignore that message, it's not the case for the K1. Once the status has changed to  ready you can go about scheduling your interview, it generally takes a few days for status to change but can vary. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, AmyOlivia said:

What I don't understand/ am confused by is the fact that the NVC has provided me/ us with an interview date. This is not actually the case. I was under the impression that I would apply for the interview following the contact I am due to receive from the Embassy.

As a K1, you are like the square peg in a little round hole. The messages apply to immigrant visas (spouse, work, family) who do a lot of processing at NVC and get assigned an interview by NVC. But because the embassy's Immigrant Visa Unit does your interview, you use the Immigrant portals. The status messages aren't that great, but you are in transit and that is correct. When it gets there, it will say READY. That's your clue to go on and start the steps like call for the medical appointment if you have everything you need for it (photos, shots, health summary, police certificate). 

After the interview, it will still say ready, and may jump between ready and AP a few times. The dates may change and they don't mean a lot. Immigrant will change to Nonimmigrant when they are ready to print the visa. When it says ISSUED, then you know it's a done deal. About 2 days after that,  the courier will have the visa and will email about delivery.

Amazing, thank you both so much!

I assumed that there was some manner of translation/ difference due to my Visa being a K1 as opposed to standard immigration Visas, but just wanted to double-check to see if I'd missed anything.

I'll keep checking CEAC and take steps to book my medical when it changes to READY. I have everything prepared and my local GP are just checking as we speak to make sure that my vaccines line up with what is required!

Timeline

Hi😁

What is CEAC? 

Im applying for a K-1 visa and my case is waiting to be sent to London. My US fiancé received confirmation of the LND number 2 days ago. I’m trying to find out where I can see what’s happening and when it will be sent to my local embassy? And when to book the medical? 

Thank you to anyone that can help! Sorry if it’s a simple question x

Timeline
3 hours ago, CharNoel95 said:

Hi😁

What is CEAC? 

Im applying for a K-1 visa and my case is waiting to be sent to London. My US fiancé received confirmation of the LND number 2 days ago. I’m trying to find out where I can see what’s happening and when it will be sent to my local embassy? And when to book the medical? 

Thank you to anyone that can help! Sorry if it’s a simple question x

Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC). You can track your case on the CEAC site using the LND number. It will say At NVC if it hasn't been sent to the embassy yet. You can book the medical as long as you have the case number (which you do) and your police ARCO certificate. You should head over to the below thread for more info on this stage. The people on there will let you know when the next shipment of cases from NVC to embassy are sent so you can follow along :)

K1 Visa (232 Days):

Spoiler

I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019 - Approved!

Visa Issued - 27th March 2019

Visa in hand - 29th March 2019

US Entry - 12th May 2019 - Dublin

Married- June 2019 💕

AOS:

Spoiler

I-485, I-765 & I-131 submitted - 24th July 2019

Cheque cashed - 1st August 2019

3 NOA’s received - 31st July 2019

Biometrics - 21st August 2019

Interview - 28th Feb 2020

Approved - 3rd Mar 2020

Card received - 11th Mar 2020

ROC:

Spoiler

I-751 submitted - 15th Feb 2022

Case received - 17th Feb 2022

Text received - 22nd Feb 2022

NOA received in mail - 2nd Mar 2022 (Dated 22nd Feb 2022)

Case updated to Fingerprints were taken - 28th Mar 2022 (No Biometrics done)

Case updated to New Card Being Produced - 7th April 2023

N-400:

Spoiler

Submitted online - 4th Mar 2023

NOA dated- 5th Mar 2023

Biometrics Scheduled - 11th Mar 2023

Biometrics - 27th Mar 2023

Interview - ?

Oath Ceremony - ?

Timeline

Hi @AmyOlivia ! 

Our case was also sent to London last week and we're doing K1.  Is your case still reading as "In Transit"?  I know from following the case on the DHL shipping tracker that it was delivered to and signed for in London on Friday but mine is still "In Transit".. We just really want to book this interview!  Let me know if yours is the same :) 

Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
31 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Hi @AmyOlivia ! 

Our case was also sent to London last week and we're doing K1.  Is your case still reading as "In Transit"?  I know from following the case on the DHL shipping tracker that it was delivered to and signed for in London on Friday but mine is still "In Transit".. We just really want to book this interview!  Let me know if yours is the same :) 

Thanks!!

A package may have arrived at the off site receiving location in London on Friday, but that doesn't mean it got transported to the embassy, delivered to the IV Unit, opened, and a person logged in your case as received. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

A package may have arrived at the off site receiving location in London on Friday, but that doesn't mean it got transported to the embassy, delivered to the IV Unit, opened, and a person logged in your case as received. 

Ahh ok I didn't realize that it being signed for meant at an off-site location and it would still need to be transferred to the embassy.  Thanks for the clarification!  Hoping all of those steps get done soon 😁

On 3/8/2019 at 1:57 AM, Wuozopo said:

After the interview, it will still say ready, and may jump between ready and AP a few times. The dates may change and they don't mean a lot. Immigrant will change to Nonimmigrant when they are ready to print the visa. When it says ISSUED, then you know it's a done deal. About 2 days after that,  the courier will have the visa and will email about delivery.

I knew you'd already answered the question somewhere that I wanted to ask, as always Wuozopo with all the info! :)

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.