Emily2015

Administrative Processing - After Interview - 221g

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Emily2015 said:

Showing Administrative Processing. The Officer knew that we had our wedding planned in Hawaii. Etc.. my fiance showed her the tickets as well as my tickets and we had paid already for the officiant and photographers tec...

Did you email them or call to the embassy after submitted documents? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rahul thakur said:

I could not call them, but I have a Congressman from where I come from reach out to them. So, they have faxed them but have not heard back yet. 

Timeline
Just now, Rahul thakur said:

Did you drop off your passport too with your documents?

Yes, they took the passport also. This must be only based on the instructions from the Officer correct? Otherwise they would not have taken the passport? Usually, I see many people they take the documents and then they after 2 weeks or 2 days they then ask for passport. But my fiance they took the passport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Emily2015 said:

Yes, they took the passport also. This must be only based on the instructions from the Officer correct? Otherwise they would not have taken the passport? Usually, I see many people they take the documents and then they after 2 weeks or 2 days they then ask for passport. But my fiance they took the passport.

OK then he should get visa very soon if they took   your fiance passport because they didn't take my passport with documents and I am still waiting they going to request me for passport and I am waiting for reply but I'm sure your fiance getting visa very soon

Edited by Rahul thakur

11 hours ago, Emily2015 said:

If they take your passport and they ask for easily obtainable evidence, it's because they don't expect it to take long for YOU to submit it all. If they ask for something like a joint sponsor or stronger evidence that may take a while to obtain, they will give the passport back.
But by no means is it a good way to judge how long they will take.

With that said, explaining the wedding timing is great and all, but they don't care, and if they feel like there was any kind of pressure being put on them for a fast approval (such as: Oh boy I sure hope this is back by blah blah date for our destination wedding!) then they could easily take their sweet time.

AP means a couple of things, processing the documents you sent, background checks, and/or any other data entry they may have to do before your case is completed out.

Super-Quick timing for 221g processing should be considered AT LEAST 2 weeks from the date they receive. 

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

8 hours ago, Rahul thakur said:

OK then he should get visa very soon if they took   your fiance passport because they didn't take my passport with documents and I am still waiting they going to request me for passport and I am waiting for reply but I'm sure your fiance getting visa very soon

Did you and your wife get married in India and file through DCF or through the traditional route? What kind of pictures were requested at the interview as evidence to support a bonafide relationship? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Emily2015 said:

I am only tracking using the CEAC website and sending emails to PASSPORT status. 

Mail them at support@ustraveldocs.com.

I did same and my status got updated next day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Emily2015 said:

Showing Administrative Processing. The Officer knew that we had our wedding planned in Hawaii. Etc.. my fiance showed her the tickets as well as my tickets and we had paid already for the officiant and photographers tec...

This matters nothing to the CO or the embassy. That is not their responsibility to work on your schedule. The advice on any immigration site will be never, never, never make plans or purchase or book anything until visa is in hand. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

This matters nothing to the CO or the embassy. That is not their responsibility to work on your schedule. The advice on any immigration site will be never, never, never make plans or purchase or book anything until visa is in hand. 

We just saw it was issued

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Emily2015 said:

We just saw it was issued

That is great news. If lucky maybe just able to make the 11th but doubtful, but least the stress of the waiting is done. Good luck to you both.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AnonIndia said:

Congratulations! 

Thank you! Man, if they would have issued just one day before I would have had my marriage as planned. Now, I have to fly her to Hawaii directly and am not sure what the CBP officer will say at Hawaii? Will there be an issue as she can still fly out on Saturday morning and reach there on Saturday morning itself and we can get married on Monday. But, I hope the CBP officer will not question her why she is landing here when she is supposed to be landing in Chicago and living there.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Rahul thakur said:

Hi we got our Visa the status shows ISSUED. So, she should be able to go pick it up or have it by Courier BY TOMORROW.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.