Emily2015

K1 Visa - Application Received Status - After 221g

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We submitted additional documents to the NVC with the 221g that was issued on February 25th, 2019. We did not know what the status was and it was showing READY. Now, today March 5th, 2019 I see that it shows "APPLICATION RECEIVED". Now, where did the application go after it was submitted to NVC? As, they updated the status on the 26th. We thought it went the next day to the Consulate and they would be looking into it. As, the NVC guys told my fiance they will submit it tomorrow to the Consulate.

Now, it shows APPLICATION RECEIVED. So, did the NVC receive back the document of my fiance or did the Consulate Just receive it? Why would the create a case again when it was orginally showing as Dec 13th, 2018 when the US Consulate first received it. So, is it again they are going through this process? 

Thanks again everyone, it has been a nerve wrecking experience this has been for us and this is the first time I am even doing this.

Application Received Status.PNG

Edited by Emily2015

7 minutes ago, Emily2015 said:

We submitted additional documents to the NVC with the 221g that was issued on February 25th, 2019. We did not know what the status was and it was showing READY. Now, today March 5th, 2019 I see that it shows "APPLICATION RECEIVED". Now, where did the application go after it was submitted to NVC? As, they updated the status on the 26th. We thought it went the next day to the Consulate and they would be looking into it. As, the NVC guys told my fiance they will submit it tomorrow to the Consulate.

Now, it shows APPLICATION RECEIVED. So, did the NVC receive back the document of my fiance or did the Consulate Just receive it? Why would the create a case again when it was orginally showing as Dec 13th, 2018 when the US Consulate first received it. So, is it again they are going through this process? 

Thanks again everyone, it has been a nerve wrecking experience this has been for us and this is the first time I am even doing this.

Your file is not going anywhere right now as it is still at the embassy. The embassy is "touching" your record to work on your case. Right now everything you have said is normal  processing for your case. Relax. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When my now husband had his K1 interview and got put in AP for a long time our petition said Application Received the entire AP and after it was returned to the US. I don't put much notice in the status 

2 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

When my now husband had his K1 interview and got put in AP for a long time our petition said Application Received the entire AP and after it was returned to the US. I don't put much notice in the status 

I agree. The only two important ones are ready...so you can schedule your interview and issued...meaning your pain is almost over))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, payxibka said:

Were you instructed to submit via nvc?  That is not the normal for k1

Well they said DROP BOX. I am not sure where is the NVC. In Mumbai they have a place where they go and submit all these documents. I am confused. Initially, I thought NVC was in the US and we have to upload the document. When I called NVC and wanted to know the INVOICE number, I was told that my papers have already been sent to Consulate and they will send me notification. When my fiance got the notice, I think we did not read it properly or go through it properly, all that we did was do the fingerprinting, and all the documents that were needed for her and medical. There was nothing else, I thought she has to take all the documents to the consulate and they will take it and verify it. This is how we screwed up our status. But, they did not even ask any documents for me, and only wanted my travel itinerary to visit my fiance both trips and also more photos. But then in that 221g there were several documents that was there, and the lady at the drop box place or NVC whatever I do not know in MUMBAI opposite the US Consulate building there, one lady told my fiance to have notorized info about our relationshiop from both side, then all documents. So, I submiited almost 35 different documents to the Consulate as Exhibits. So, there is nothing that they will come back to me. 

Edited by Emily2015
Added more content

On 3/5/2019 at 9:18 AM, Emily2015 said:

Application Received Status.PNG

Hello I am in the same situation in regards with our Fiance Visa -  After 221G we have submitted all the required documents with passport on Feb 16 and the status got changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Application Received" since then. It has been 20 days and there is no update. Just the case date got updated today - but the case status is same. This is so stressful. Not sure what we can do here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.