Djbpayne

Removing Joint Sponsor

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We added someone as a joint sponsor (at the advice of our visa agency) and the paperwork was processed and came back with a note that they should be added as a household member instead 

Per the emailed and verbal instructions from the NVC support line, we uploaded a signed document to remove the joint sponsor from the website and also started to upload the documents for the household member 

Unfortunately, we are unable to submit the documents (the button just doesn’t work) for the household member, and after calling NVC we were told that until the joint sponsor was removed, we could not submit a new household member (???) 

We submitted the removal request on 2/19, and followed up with an email but haven’t heard anything or seen any update. We’ve called several times and have been told that the removal request was accepted and was pending, but they ‘couldnt give a timeframe, because it’s not (our) website’. They said it generally took quite a while for this to be fixed, and for now the only thing we can do is to keep logging in to check the status 

We’re on our last step here before the interview and it’s been a little over a year since we started this process. Just kind of half venting, half looking for similar issues any of y’all have encountered (and a time frame for resolution of this specific problem) 

thanks in advance for any help and support 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 hours ago, Djbpayne said:

We added someone as a joint sponsor (at the advice of our visa agency) and the paperwork was processed and came back with a note that they should be added as a household member instead 

Per the emailed and verbal instructions from the NVC support line, we uploaded a signed document to remove the joint sponsor from the website and also started to upload the documents for the household member 

Unfortunately, we are unable to submit the documents (the button just doesn’t work) for the household member, and after calling NVC we were told that until the joint sponsor was removed, we could not submit a new household member (???) 

We submitted the removal request on 2/19, and followed up with an email but haven’t heard anything or seen any update. We’ve called several times and have been told that the removal request was accepted and was pending, but they ‘couldnt give a timeframe, because it’s not (our) website’. They said it generally took quite a while for this to be fixed, and for now the only thing we can do is to keep logging in to check the status 

We’re on our last step here before the interview and it’s been a little over a year since we started this process. Just kind of half venting, half looking for similar issues any of y’all have encountered (and a time frame for resolution of this specific problem) 

thanks in advance for any help and support 

We got the same message saying to add the Joint Sponsor as the petitioner’s household Member, So we called and explained to them that we need the joint sponsor because the petitioned doesn’t meet the requirement since she was not working,  they said that it makes sense about having a joint sponsor and that they will review the documents again!!  

And we are waiting for a new response

Edited by Eddyrhn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
21 hours ago, Djbpayne said:

until the joint sponsor was removed, we could not submit a new household member

Did they mention whether or not your case is in administrative processing?  I got similar messages saying to add my parents as household members instead of joint sponsor, then they informed me the case had to go into administrative (or supervisor) processing in order to add or remove any sponsor / household member.  There is no timeframe for this, and nothing can be done on the case until a supervisor is finished.

Also note they told me that I could not have my parents as a joint sponsor since we have the same address.  I don't live in the US, but use their address as my permanent address (bank accounts, taxes, credit cards, etc.).

17 hours ago, Eddyrhn said:

that they will review the documents again

What about you?  Did they mention administrative or supervisor processing?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, MattAndOana said:

Did they mention whether or not your case is in administrative processing?  I got similar messages saying to add my parents as household members instead of joint sponsor, then they informed me the case had to go into administrative (or supervisor) processing in order to add or remove any sponsor / household member.  There is no timeframe for this, and nothing can be done on the case until a supervisor is finished.

Also note they told me that I could not have my parents as a joint sponsor since we have the same address.  I don't live in the US, but use their address as my permanent address (bank accounts, taxes, credit cards, etc.).

Our problem was with the address too, because my wife who is the petitioner put her parents address as a mailing address but she put a different address for her physical address because she in not living with her parents,  so the agent told us to upload an explanation letter stating that we cannot add her parents as household members because she isn’t living with them, so her mother is the Joint sponsor and her father is her mother’s household member, so the household size is 3 not 4 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/5/2019 at 2:13 AM, Eddyrhn said:

We got the same message saying to add the Joint Sponsor as the petitioner’s household Member, So we called and explained to them that we need the joint sponsor because the petitioned doesn’t meet the requirement since she was not working,  they said that it makes sense about having a joint sponsor and that they will review the documents again!!  

And we are waiting for a new response

Did you get a response about this? We already uploaded a document to remove our joint sponsor (at the advice of NVC) so it would be frustrating if this was the correct procedure as this is our situation as well 

Timeline
On 3/5/2019 at 7:50 PM, MattAndOana said:

No mention of admin processing, just that they have accepted our new removal of joint sponsor document - however after repeated calls to NVC they said it wasn’t uploaded correctly (???) and we should try again. Called again the next day and they said it WAS uploaded correctly 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Djbpayne said:

Did you get a response about this? We already uploaded a document to remove our joint sponsor (at the advice of NVC) so it would be frustrating if this was the correct procedure as this is our situation as well 

I just got a response today and it was accepted, so we just uploaded an explanation letter explaining that the petitioner doents live with her parents and everything is fine now 

A68D276E-C565-4FCC-B58F-E248C3FBA7EF.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Djbpayne said:

This is our situation, we mistakenly added  same name household memeber instead of joint sponsor. Because I made a request to remove household memeber and they keep doing rubbish, every time I called, they will say it’s on admintrative processing or whatever. It’s been almost 4 months with NVC they didn’t do anything to my case. I call almost everyday. Now Yesterday they told me they just put me in last week to remove joint sponsor. Why? I thought you guys were removing household memeber why joint sponsor again? I’m just very frustrated with this people. How do I remove this thing? Who do I call? Because it’s like I need miracle with this people. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eddyrhn said:

I just got a response today and it was accepted, so we just uploaded an explanation letter explaining that the petitioner doents live with her parents and everything is fine now 

Hey that’s wonderful news, congratulations. Thank you for the information, this may be another route we can take if the household member way fails 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Eddyrhn said:

Apologies if I’m bugging you, but could you give me a time frame of when you got the message in your portal, to when now when it was accepted? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Djbpayne said:

Apologies if I’m bugging you, but could you give me a time frame of when you got the message in your portal, to when now when it was accepted? 

Don’t worry I’m here to help!!! 

I resubmitted the documents on March 5

and got a response on March 13

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/14/2019 at 4:42 AM, Eddyrhn said:

how long from when you submitted the handwritten doc to request the removal to re add again did you receive the accepted forms on the CEAC? feels like we have been waiting forever and everytime i call the NVC they will not help me. saying its in administrative processing 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, brderenne said:

how long from when you submitted the handwritten doc to request the removal to re add again did you receive the accepted forms on the CEAC? feels like we have been waiting forever and everytime i call the NVC they will not help me. saying its in administrative processing 

We didn’t request to remove the forms, we kept the ones we uploaded, and we just uploaded the explanation letter to let them know that my wife is not living with her parents, and that we did it right for the first time, so we waited like 7 business days for them to review them again 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ah ok I understand. Thank you.  I submitted forms to remove the joint sponsor so I could re ad him as the household member... it took me a lot of calls and two e mails. 3 weeks later they finally removed him if anybody is curious of the timeline 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.