Djbpayne

Removing Joint Sponsor

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hannguyen said:

Did they complete your case yet? 

Not yet. We just were able to submit the paperwork yesterday. Who knows how long it will take for them to get back to me o say everything is okay or not 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hannguyen said:

We resubmitted everything  on 18 march. They didnt accepted  and didnt answer us anything . They just keep to answer us they review .

Are you in the same position? Trying to remove joint sponsor to add the same exact person as the household member?

• 6 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, Djbpayne said:

We added someone as a joint sponsor (at the advice of our visa agency) and the paperwork was processed and came back with a note that they should be added as a household member instead 

Per the emailed and verbal instructions from the NVC support line, we uploaded a signed document to remove the joint sponsor from the website and also started to upload the documents for the household member 

Unfortunately, we are unable to submit the documents (the button just doesn’t work) for the household member, and after calling NVC we were told that until the joint sponsor was removed, we could not submit a new household member (???) 

We submitted the removal request on 2/19, and followed up with an email but haven’t heard anything or seen any update. We’ve called several times and have been told that the removal request was accepted and was pending, but they ‘couldnt give a timeframe, because it’s not (our) website’. They said it generally took quite a while for this to be fixed, and for now the only thing we can do is to keep logging in to check the status 

We’re on our last step here before the interview and it’s been a little over a year since we started this process. Just kind of half venting, half looking for similar issues any of y’all have encountered (and a time frame for resolution of this specific problem) 

thanks in advance for any help and support 

Hello ! how are you doing? How was your problem solved?  I made mistake and added the same person twice as joint sponsor and now I cant remove her and cant submit my case - button also doesn't work. What should I do? My 11 years daughter's  case was submitted . Now I worry that without mine her's will rejected (((((

Edited by zjumabaeva@gmail.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.