Hammed71

Eb3skilled or Eb3unskilled

11 posts in this topic

Guys I am contemplating in between choosing between Eb3skilled or Eb3 unskilled visa to immigrate to USA.

So am a graduate of history and international studies graduate but I haven't had any work experience in my field since I graduated because the job I had didn't relate to the course I studied in university due to lack of jobs in my country and I heard eb3 skilled visa requires some experience in your field of study while eb3 unskilled visa doesn't require any work experience and degree.

So guys should I go ahead with the eb3 skilled visa or eb3 unskilled visa? I also noticed that those that get sponsored for eb3 skilled visa a lot studied computer science or medical related course, I don't know if I am right

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well that is really down to your Employer and their Lawyer, what have they said?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

To expand on what @Boiler said, there's no way for you personally to petition for an EB3, it has to be an employer who submits a petition on your behalf. It is their petition, not yours, and it usually requires the involvement of a specialized lawyer, lots of time and money.

Timeline

He seems to know EB3 requires sponsorship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

From the wording here:

2 hours ago, Hammed71 said:

I also noticed that those that get sponsored for eb3 skilled visa a lot studied computer science or medical related course, I don't know if I am right

I assumed he thinks not all EB3 require sponsorship, but maybe you're right.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mollie09 said:

From the wording here:

I assumed he thinks not all EB3 require sponsorship, but maybe you're right.

Well these sort of threads can be confusing, would not be certain about anything.

OP seems to know this requires sponsorship and appears to be looking for an employer

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

2 minutes ago, Hammed71 said:

Guys thanks for replying and I know the eb3 requires sponsorship

Ok, so... what exactly are you asking then? You need to find an employer willing to offer you a job, and the type of visa will be what their attorney determines is the right one for your situation. As you have probably realized, the hardest part of the process is finding an employer willing to sponsor you a visa.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Hammed71 said:

So am a graduate of history and international studies graduate but I haven't had any work experience in my field since I graduated

This will be a challenge OP, to find an employer willing to sponsor you.  #1 your field is not in high demand in the US for jobs, in fact, even PhDs in these fields struggle to find work after graduation, so it would be difficult for an employer's attorney, even if you find a company or non-profit to hire you, that there is a shortage of USCs or LPRs to fill the job.  #2, you have no work experience in your field, so that presents another challenge.  Two suggestions that will require time, effort, money on your part but will increase your chances in the years to come.  

1.  Go back to school and study something in technology or medical fields.  If you have the money for it, come to the US to study something in technology or medicine.

2.  Focus on international studies, not history, and find a job in your home country related to international relations, perhaps a government job, non-profit, even in the diplomatic service if you qualify.  If you don't have a master's degree yet in international relations or international trade, get one in your home country or the US and find work in the field.  History, (excuse the pun) does not have a promising future for you as a career.

From the brief description of your education and work experience, you will have a very hard time finding an employer in the US to sponsor you.  Your best path forward is to increase your skills in an area that is in high demand in the US.  I teach a lot of MBA students who have an undergraduate degree in fields like yours, and many international students who come here to the US and focus on technology management or data analytics, and get very good offers from Silicon Valley tech firms.  That might be an option for you if you have the financial means to pay the international student tuition and living expenses.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.