Kabir Ishola

intent to revoke notice

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, kris&me said:

anytime a marriage must be dissolved in a court,  it was a true marriage

immigration instructions are always available on the government site so you can look up what documents are needed for each and every stage of the process

the following is posted on 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-suppo

If you were previously married, you must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage you have had. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.

• Send a photocopy of your marriage termination document(s) to NVC.
  • Bring the original termination document(s) plus a photocopy to your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Okay thank you so much 

Timeline
13 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

That is certainly a possibility though however OP’s defense will be it was not willful. The misrepresentation has to be willful and of a material fact. I think that is valid as I believe OP truly believed that “traditional marriage was not real marriage”. However, that is too thin of a defense to bet his entire future on it. There gotta be a way to fix this, given the pettition is back at USCIS at this time.

OP, I am not suggesting you have to do this. The following is just my opinion of what I would do if I were in your shoes, and you have to act very fast, because the NOIR will have to be answered by the deadline. I would ask the wife to get a second lawyer and the second lawyer needs to answer the NOIR on her behalf. The second lawyer needs to state that the first lawyer was incompetent and made a mistake by not disclosing the “traditional marriage” of the beneficiary (you, OP) on the I-130 even after the beneficiary told him about the marriage. Therefore the misrepresentation was not willful. The second lawyer then needs to ask USCIS to allow the petitioner to amend the I-130 to include the first marrige and subsequent divorce of the beneficiary persuant to documentary evidence of the same. That is how I would do it.

Again, that is just my opinion. OP, you and your wife can decide how you both will proceed.

Thank you for your opinion. and I have a new lawyer now and she going to send it off on Monday 

37 minutes ago, Kabir Ishola said:

Thank you for your opinion. and I have a new lawyer now and she going to send it off on Monday 

Wow that was quick. You were able to get a new lawyer in less than 24 hours ? Hope this one is better than the last one. Good luck to you and please post back to let us know how it turns out for you.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Wow that was quick. You were able to get a new lawyer in less than 24 hours ? Hope this one is better than the last one. Good luck to you and please post back to let us know how it turns out for you.

I know since my wife received the notice she been looking for a lawyer that why and thank you so much for you help. Ok will let you guys know how he goes 

Lying to the embassy (under oath) is like putting the nail in the coffin. Big mistake and I know a lot of pieple do it- again, big mistake. You have a lot to do to overcome this now. I’m wishing you the best of luck 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/1/2019 at 7:05 PM, arken said:

So based on the document, it seems he didn’t/couldn’t provide the divorce document of his past marriage. That means he married to you despite he was in a marital status and before the divorce was final. If that’s the case nothing can be done for your petition. May be have him get the divorce papers and if they are dated later than your marriage date,go thru cancellation of marriage process, remarry and file a new petition. Expect lots of scrutiny though.

If mentioning past marriage was a lie during his B2 visa interview, it’s a whole lot of problem.

Good Dey this is what I received this morning from uscis after I respond to     intent to revoke..                                                                         During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Timeline

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.   Please what to do next 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Kabir Ishola said:

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.   Please what to do next 

Unless you filed " an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, " you do nothing but wait for their response.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
10 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Unless you filed " an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, " you do nothing but wait for their response.

Ok thank you will wait 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Similar topics merged.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.