DanielaFab

Is the wrong information provided on my tourist visa will affect my fiance visa?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my tourist visa denied. Now we are into fiance visa. As we gathered the evidences, we realized that the date on when we met online was not the exact date we remembered. I applied on the tourist visa with a reason that I will visit my boyfriend who is my fiance now.

Now here is what bothering me:

1. Are they listing everything I said in the interview especially the month or year when we met online? I said the wrong month. Everything was correct, just the month. 

2. Can they trace everything by just listening to what I said during the tourist visa interview?

Please do help me coz I am so scared. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, DanielaFab said:

I had my tourist visa denied. Now we are into fiance visa. As we gathered the evidences, we realized that the date on when we met online was not the exact date we remembered. I applied on the tourist visa with a reason that I will visit my boyfriend who is my fiance now.

1. Are they listing everything I said in the interview especially the month or year when we met online? I said the wrong month. Everything was correct, just the month. 

2. Can they trace everything by just listening to what I said during the tourist visa interview?

I'm sure you are fine. It was an honest mistake, and you only got the month wrong. I don't know what sort of information or how much they take note of, but if it is ever brought up just be honest and let them know you got the month wrong the first time by accident. As long as you are in a genuine relationship there is no need to worry.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, DanielaFab said:

they will have made notes of everything said during any interview, including visit visa.

just be honest let them know you got it wrong previous do not attempt to make up any reason other then you simply made a mistake.

you should be fine

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

they will have made notes of everything said during any interview, including visit visa.

just be honest let them know you got it wrong previous do not attempt to make up any reason other then you simply made a mistake.

you should be fine

What will be the best reason?

Timeline
Just now, DanielaFab said:

He actually message me some months before we talked coz we met through online dating apps. I was not really active before. Then when he message again, that was the time I replied but I am not really sure if it was May. I can no longer see my messages since I deactivated it most of the time. On his part, he was just able to get the 2nd time he messaged me.

2 minutes ago, DanielaFab said:

How to make it right

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

I'm sure you are fine. It was an honest mistake, and you only got the month wrong. I don't know what sort of information or how much they take note of, but if it is ever brought up just be honest and let them know you got the month wrong the first time by accident. As long as you are in a genuine relationship there is no need to worry.

Thank you but it still makes me paranoid. I know he messaged me months before we talked but I was not sure what month really was since we both deactivated our accounts and went back after few months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
3 hours ago, DanielaFab said:

Does either date change things?  If not, you could just stick with the later one to make things simpler.  If it does change things, you could explain that it was an honest mistake.

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

Timeline
1 hour ago, pepper297 said:

Does either date change things?  If not, you could just stick with the later one to make things simpler.  If it does change things, you could explain that it was an honest mistake.

Well on our papers, we started after the month we said. They might check the documents.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Nov2017AD said:

This is a non-issue. Probably won't even be mentioned and if it is just say the truth which is you put the wrong month by accident. No need to be paranoid.

Or can I just the year?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, DanielaFab said:

The reason is you screw up on the date. 

Unless you lied to try to hid it then that is another story and you would just have to come clean about it.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
12 hours ago, DanielaFab said:

Just write down the correct date and if they ask at the interview why the dates are different just tell them. You're a human being, not a robot. You could even say that you applied for a tourist visa before and the dates are different with explanation. That way you hide absolutely nothing from the IO.

When I was asked at my visa interview when we started dating, I told the IO it's so long ago I didn't know the exact date, but I thought it was around this and this month (I did know the exact year, but it was over 5 years ago). He understood, we moved on and I got approved.

As long as you're not trying to hide stuff from immigration you should be fine.

Timeline
13 hours ago, C90 said:

Just write down the correct date and if they ask at the interview why the dates are different just tell them. You're a human being, not a robot. You could even say that you applied for a tourist visa before and the dates are different with explanation. That way you hide absolutely nothing from the IO.

When I was asked at my visa interview when we started dating, I told the IO it's so long ago I didn't know the exact date, but I thought it was around this and this month (I did know the exact year, but it was over 5 years ago). He understood, we moved on and I got approved.

As long as you're not trying to hide stuff from immigration you should be fine.

Oh this helps a lot. Thank you so much. 

All the advice above is good, very good.

No matter how nervous you get, the only thing that can get you denied is a lie.

Don't lie no matter what. 

My GF is worried about all sorts of details. I tell her the only people who get everything perfect are the fakes. The rest of us are normal people. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.