Fred2019

K-1 interview Montreal consulate -waittime for visa after interview approval

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there-I had my interview at the US consulate in  Montreal for  my k-1visa on February 13th.  After submitting my documentation and conducting my interview-I and my fiancé were ecstatic to hear it was approved and the designated officer congratulated me and welcomed me to the United States.  She gave me a pink sheet stating I would get my visa/passport sent to me and any original documentation submitted within two weeks.  Today marks the two week period. I hired a legal attorney and was told to wait 5-10 business days-again, today marks that 10th day.  On their website provided, it states to email them if you have not received a tracking number within 5 business days.  We have both asked through email about our case and have just received an auto reply stating that your case in still in the review process.  We have already made wedding plans/honeymoon dates and paid for venue, photography etc etc., that are in the very near future based on the time estimates we were told.  Has this happened to anyone else, what was your final waiting time and is their anybody that can help or direct us so we can find out when we can expect my visa/passport to arrive?  As like the rest of you that have gone through this process, we are extremely stressed over this delay and can’t wait to make travel plans, and have the wedding that we have planned for and finally be together.  Any information is greatly appreciated

Timeline

When is your wedding? :o

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Fred2019 said:

Hi there-I had my interview at the US consulate in  Montreal for  my k-1visa on February 13th.  After submitting my documentation and conducting my interview-I and my fiancé were ecstatic to hear it was approved and the designated officer congratulated me and welcomed me to the United States.  She gave me a pink sheet stating I would get my visa/passport sent to me and any original documentation submitted within two weeks.  Today marks the two week period. I hired a legal attorney and was told to wait 5-10 business days-again, today marks that 10th day.  On their website provided, it states to email them if you have not received a tracking number within 5 business days.  We have both asked through email about our case and have just received an auto reply stating that your case in still in the review process.  We have already made wedding plans/honeymoon dates and paid for venue, photography etc etc., that are in the very near future based on the time estimates we were told.  Has this happened to anyone else, what was your final waiting time and is their anybody that can help or direct us so we can find out when we can expect my visa/passport to arrive?  As like the rest of you that have gone through this process, we are extremely stressed over this delay and can’t wait to make travel plans, and have the wedding that we have planned for and finally be together.  Any information is greatly appreciated

Administrative Processing is unpredictable.  Every application goes through it.  Some clear quickly and some go on for extended periods of time

YMMV

Timeline

I understand this, I’m just not sure as to why put dates or expected time periods if it could possibly be longer.  We have not had any issues with anything up to this point and was never asked for other supporting documentation or anything else, which I did bring to my interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So your CEAC status still shows "Admin Processing"?  Has it flipped from immigrant to non-immigrant status?

YMMV

Timeline

Yeah there's a few steps before it goes to "Issued" isnt there

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Fred2019 said:

We have already made wedding plans/honeymoon dates and paid for venue, photography etc etc., that are in the very near future based on the time estimates we were told.

Is there anything in the venue contracts you signed regarding postponement/refunds due to unforseen circumstances?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline

Could you move the date? We booked our wedding well in advance, so I'm not against you doing that but my interview is in April, I will move in August, and wedding is in October. Seems way less stressful and I've had time to plan a proper wedding.

Even with that though, there is still that uncertainty, and every single one of our vendors and the venues know about my visa and that I may need to change the date and they are all totally flexible. Hope you have a similar agreement with all your wedding vendors.

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are going through London but in a similar boat.  Tomorrow marks one month since our "approved" interview.  Still in Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing with nothing received other than the generic responses that it's undergoing mandatory processing.  We had one case update date change two weeks ago but that's all.  It's definitely a bummer...

Dont make plans without a visa in hand.  

This is why.

Hopefully you  an change your dates.  

You have 6 months from medical to enter and 90 days to marry.... k1 from Montreal typically take 2-6 weeks. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Can I ask where you have the information that says K-1 from Montreal typically takes 2-6 weeks?  I have asked other forum members that went through the Montreal consulate and so far, they have all received their visa packet within the stated 2 week time window.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, Fred2019 said:

-I had my interview at the US consulate in  Montreal for  my k-1visa on February 13th

Yesterday was two weeks.  It seems you are getting excited for one day past the estimated time to receive the visa.  Be patient.  This process takes a lot of it.  And as  others have said, this process is unpredictable, there are no guarantees with getting a visa, there are bumps in the road, which is why no financial commitment or firm dates should ever be made until the visa is in hand.  That said, you will probably be fine in a few days...  Good luck, and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.