RonnieKris

Philippine Child travel document

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

My buddy and his fiance' were approved this past month. She is about to schedule her physical and interview but is stuck at getting a travel document for her child. According to her (this is what my friend told me) she has been to the NBI or wherever she needed to get the travel document for her child (8years old). They told her she would have to have her ticket first, then they would issue the travel document for her daughter.  She is under the impression she will have to fly to Manila, get the physical and interview, buy the ticket to the U.S, then fly back to her home town and get the travel document, then fly back to Manila then to U.S. He and I think this makes no sense.  I would think all this could be handled at the Philippine embassy or NBI in Manila. 

Any advice will be appreciated.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RonnieKris said:

Hi All,

My buddy and his fiance' were approved this past month. She is about to schedule her physical and interview but is stuck at getting a travel document for her child. According to her (this is what my friend told me) she has been to the NBI or wherever she needed to get the travel document for her child (8years old). They told her she would have to have her ticket first, then they would issue the travel document for her daughter.  She is under the impression she will have to fly to Manila, get the physical and interview, buy the ticket to the U.S, then fly back to her home town and get the travel document, then fly back to Manila then to U.S. He and I think this makes no sense.  I would think all this could be handled at the Philippine embassy or NBI in Manila. 

What kind of travel document would be issued by NBI?  Her and her child's passports with Visas are the travel documents.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

I have no idea. I'm going on what he said. He said the daughter of his fiance needed a travel document to leave the country. I'm not sure if it is at the NBI, as I stated, but It is needed for her daughter.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

Life is good !!

<

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RonnieKris said:

I have no idea. I'm going on what he said. He said the daughter of his fiance needed a travel document to leave the country. I'm not sure if it is at the NBI, as I stated, but It is needed for her daughter.

NBI issues no such document.   Is the child legitimate or illegitimate?

YMMV

Timeline

Thank you for your help, but I said I was not sure if it was the NBI or some other place, however,  are you asking was the child born out of wedlock? If so, yes, she was born out of wedlock.  Thanks.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

Life is good !!

<

Timeline
7 minutes ago, RonnieKris said:

Thank you for your help, but I said I was not sure if it was the NBI or some other place, however,  are you asking was the child born out of wedlock? If so, yes, she was born out of wedlock.  Thanks.

Then she needs nothing other than a passport for the child with the appropriate Visa to come to the USA.  Philippines law grants sole custody to the mother of an illegitimate child.  She will apply for a k1 and she will apply for a k2 for her child.  This us a common situation. Nothing from nbi for child

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks. Anyone that has recent experience with this situation is welcomed to reply.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

Life is good !!

<

Timeline
1 minute ago, RonnieKris said:

Thanks. Anyone that has recent experience with this situation is welcomed to reply.

Umm...  did you look at my timeline?

YMMV

Timeline

Go here and ask your questions and the answers will be the same 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are they applying for K2 visa for the child?  If so, please advise your friend and his fiancee to refer to the OFFICIAL list of documents required by the US Embassy in Manila:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

There is no mention of any travel document from the NBI that is required for 8-year-old children.  There is NBI clearance, but that is only for visa applicants who are 16 years old and above.

Timeline

Also, K1/K2 visa applicants are strongly advised NOT to book flights until they have their visa in hand.

I suspect there's been a miscommunication and your friend's fiancee was misinformed about needing a "DSWD Travel Clearance for Minors" for her child.  But, that travel clearance is only required if the child is traveling with a tourist visa (or to a visa-free country) AND if the child is not traveling with his/her legal guardian.  Clearly not applicable to your friend's fiancee's child.

But without accurate information about what was said to your friend's fiancee, we can only speculate.  Do update us if you get more details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved to the Philippines forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

k2 child requirements- 

# passport

# birth certificate

# ds -160

#  mrv fee -265$

# appointment interview usem

# slec medical 17,025 pesos

but most important the child is lusted when they filled the petition to USCIS  

nbi is not needed for minor. Tell your buddy fiance to do some researc about k2

Good lucck

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, RonnieKris said:

Hi All,

Children under 16 years of age do not need an NBI for the interview.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Is the child traveling with the mother??   Then no travel document is needed.   

WHO NEEDS A TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

1. Filipino minor who is traveling alone using the Philippine Passport only for their travel outside the Philippines;
  2. Filipino minor travelling with prospective adoptive parent/s for purpose of inter-country adoption
  3. Filipino minor travelling with a person other than his/her parent/s, legal guardian or person exercising parental authority/legal custody over him/her.
  4. Filipino minor who is illegitimate and is travelling with his/her biological father.
  5. For married minors, the same requirements apply to that of unmarried minors travelling abroad.

WHO DOES NOT NEED TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

I. A minor accompanied by the following:

1.  Either or both of the minor’s parents, if the minor is legitimate;
  2. The minor’s biological  mother, if the minor is illegitimate;
  3. The minor’s father who has been granted sole parental authority or custody by the proper court, if the minor is illegitimate;
  4. The minor’s legal guardian;
  5. The person, including one of the minor’s parents, who was granted sole parental authority or legal custody by the proper court, in which case the court decision should specifically include a statement to this effect, i.e., naming the person to whom sole parental authority of legal custody over the minor has been granted.
  6. Minor’s adoptive parents if the minor is granted with adoption decree & Certificate of Finality.

https://www.dswd.gov.ph/frequently-ask-questions-faqs/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, jocelyn23 said:

k2 child requirements- 

# passport

# birth certificate

# ds -160

#  mrv fee -265$

# appointment interview usem

# slec medical 17,025 pesos

but most important the child is lusted when they filled the petition to USCIS  

nbi is not needed for minor. Tell your buddy fiance to do some researc about k2

Good lucck

Yes. And the petitioner needs to submit the letter from his Fiancée' s "ex" (which is the biological father) if he is listed/signed on child's birth cert too! That he will allow his daughter to go with her using k2 visa. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.