RonnieKris

Philippine Child travel document

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Mikmik Saavedra said:

Yes. And the petitioner needs to submit the letter from his Fiancée' s "ex" (which is the biological father) if he is listed/signed on child's birth cert too! That he will allow his daughter to go with her using k2 visa. 

Huh?????    Where is that listed ??

Embassy wants nothing from the father.   

For travel nothing is needed from the father either.

Mother has sole custody.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mikmik Saavedra said:

Yes. And the petitioner needs to submit the letter from his Fiancée' s "ex" (which is the biological father) if he is listed/signed on child's birth cert too! That he will allow his daughter to go with her using k2 visa. 

No... i just got approved from uscis. My petitioner and i never submit that letter only her birth certificate. Even my daughter has hee father bio surename in her birt certificate. As long as were not married before.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mikmik Saavedra said:

But during the interview in the philippines mother should bring affidavit consent to travel but not from the father signed she can get it to DFA lawyer in the philippines

Timeline
1 hour ago, jocelyn23 said:

But during the interview in the philippines mother should bring affidavit consent to travel but not from the father signed she can get it to DFA lawyer in the philippines

NO!  That is totally false info.    It is not asked for by the embassy. 

And NO affidavit is needed for travel either.   Links to DSWD were posted earlier

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Huh?????    Where is that listed ??

Embassy wants nothing from the father.   

For travel nothing is needed from the father either.

Mother has sole custody.

Oh yes! If it has court order of sole custody by mother, yes they don't need one. Please enlighten me sir regarding to this info below? 

Apologies, I was asked by our lawyer if I will have k2. But as for now, we will just do it in the future so we didnt submit anything. But we were wondering as well because i got approved with k1 and k2 without her father's letter. 

Screenshot_20190227-214753.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, jocelyn23 said:

No... i just got approved from uscis. My petitioner and i never submit that letter only her birth certificate. Even my daughter has hee father bio surename in her birt certificate. As long as were not married before.

Me too, i got approved from uscis without my ex's letter. So I notified the consul on the day of my interview that i will just proceed with K1 only. And everything went well anyway.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mikmik Saavedra said:

Oh yes! If it has court order of sole custody by mother, yes they don't need one. Please enlighten me sir regarding to this info below? 

Apologies, I was asked by our lawyer if I will have k2. But as for now, we will just do it in the future so we didnt submit anything. But we were wondering as well because i got approved with k1 and k2 without her father's letter. 

Screenshot_20190227-214753.png

The above needs to be read in context with local law.  Since local Philippines law grants sole custody to the mother, then this is not applicable in the Philippines

YMMV

Timeline

Obviously your lawyer isn't very up to speed with the process in the Philippines.

Only way a father's consent is needed is if he has been granted custody of the children by the court.   And as you know, if never married that is highly unlikely.   All other situations the mother has sole custody. 

Embassy DOES NOT ask for a consent letter.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

The above needs to be read in context with local law.  Since local Philippines law grants sole custody to the mother, then this is not applicable in the Philippines

Thank you for the info. My apologies.

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Obviously your lawyer isn't very up to speed with the process in the Philippines.

Only way a father's consent is needed is if he has been granted custody of the children by the court.   And as you know, if never married that is highly unlikely.   All other situations the mother has sole custody. 

Thank you sir hank and my apologies. It will be a help for me in the future. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mikmik Saavedra said:

Okay, thanks. That is what I was thinking, but she is saying it is a government document. I will check and see if he is listed on the birth certificate. 

All the visa applications have been approved. She is now scheduling her StLukes and Embassy interviews, however, she has been told by some authority in her small town (I don't know who) that they will not issue this 'mystery document' until she has the ticket to the US. According to the fiance', she was told this document is required to prevent 'child trafficking'....

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Timeline
5 minutes ago, RonnieKris said:

Okay, thanks. That is what I was thinking, but she is saying it is a government document. I will check and see if he is listed on the birth certificate. 

All the visa applications have been approved. She is now scheduling her StLukes and Embassy interviews, however, she has been told by some authority in her small town (I don't know who) that they will not issue this 'mystery document' until she has the ticket to the US. According to the fiance', she was told this document is required to prevent 'child trafficking'....

Hi sir. Please refer to Sir Hank's response to my information. It will help you.

Thank you. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Thanks way a father's consent is needed is if he has been granted custody of the children by the court.   And as you know, if never married that is highly unlikely.   All other situations the mother has sole custody. 

Okay, Hank. Thanks for your help.  I'm passing all this info to my friend. They are not using a lawyer, all the process has been done by my friend and they have received approval. It is now her turn to gather any and all document she needs, which according to my friend, they have 99% of needed documents. Like I've stated previously, he and I are not sure where she came up with or who told her she needed this document. I will update everyone after I have more information.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

Life is good !!

<

Timeline
5 minutes ago, RonnieKris said:

Okay, Hank. Thanks for your help.  I'm passing all this info to my friend. They are not using a lawyer, all the process has been done by my friend and they have received approval. It is now her turn to gather any and all document she needs, which according to my friend, they have 99% of needed documents. Like I've stated previously, he and I are not sure where she came up with or who told her she needed this document. I will update everyone after I have more information.

It is the Philippines "grapevine" and it is almost always incorrect

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It is the Philippines "grapevine" and it is almost always incorrect

YEah, that is what he has been telling her. "Stop listening to your Filipina friends."  Also, he says she is getting this information from some "official".  Also, he sent me a txt saying he told her to go to the vice mayor of her small town and ask him about this and if it is necessary....again, according to what she said, the VM said it was and was there for her protection.

As many of us know that have dealt with some places in the PH, it can be very frustrating.  We (my friend and I) are wondering if they are looking for a bribe. I hate to think that, but....

After everyone's post of last night, I told my friend that he should get his fiance' to forget about this letter, go to the physical and interview and not worry about it unless they ask. He will call me later and I'll update.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

Life is good !!

<

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ate said:

Also, K1/K2 visa applicants are strongly advised NOT to book flights until they have their visa in hand.

I suspect there's been a miscommunication and your friend's fiancee was misinformed about needing a "DSWD Travel Clearance for Minors" for her child.  But, that travel clearance is only required if the child is traveling with a tourist visa (or to a visa-free country) AND if the child is not traveling with his/her legal guardian.  Clearly not applicable to your friend's fiancee's child.

But without accurate information about what was said to your friend's fiancee, we can only speculate.  Do update us if you get more details.

Of course, my friend will not book any flight until he has the visa on her passport.  He has been to PH many times and stayed there a month at a time, he does not want to travel there just to assist her on this issue. I have given him the advice I am aware of and passed along advice from VJ.  He has looked for guidance from PH websites and nothing there about this issue. We'll see. 

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

Life is good !!

<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.