N-o-l-a

N-400 Filers from ND and Northern MN

205 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I’m glad to see some progress. Congrats!

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

I’m glad to see some progress. Congrats!

The real progress is happening to MN filers. Those who applied in February 2019 are getting interviews

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/23/2019 at 10:30 AM, floricika009 said:

Let's hope so. With the holidays coming things are even slower this time of the year. 

Hang in there!

Ive gotten used to the wait so im hanging in here getting myself busy with other stuff

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/23/2019 at 8:11 AM, Citizendan said:

It seems they have gone silence again.  I expect my interview to be scheduled in December, and oath in April 2020. ND sucks!!!

@Citizendan It sucks to wait for this long. I am rooting for you buddy. I hope you get your interview asap. I wish the timeline shown on the online application was accurate for ND too.

It’s becoming very difficult for me to wait since my husband lives in Canada and I am spending time between Canada and US to be with him. The longer it takes, I’ll have more travel history which is making me nervous.

I am praying that my interview is scheduled soon. But as per trend looks like it’ll be only in 2020.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Hydigal said:

@Citizendan It sucks to wait for this long. I am rooting for you buddy. I hope you get your interview asap. I wish the timeline shown on the online application was accurate for ND too.

It’s becoming very difficult for me to wait since my husband lives in Canada and I am spending time between Canada and US to be with him. The longer it takes, I’ll have more travel history which is making me nervous.

I am praying that my interview is scheduled soon. But as per trend looks like it’ll be only in 2020.

@Hydigal it really sucks! all my plans are shattered. The timeline is normally accurate for those who live in MN. If you are lucky, you may get it done with us early next year. I was so sure I will be part of the December ceremony, but my interview is not even scheduled.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Citizendan said:

@Hydigal it really sucks! all my plans are shattered. The timeline is normally accurate for those who live in MN. If you are lucky, you may get it done with us early next year. I was so sure I will be part of the December ceremony, but my interview is not even scheduled.

You should get your interview notice in December. The current processing time is 11.5 to 17.5 months. I believe you can submit an inquiry to CIS to make a decision about your application if it falls outside processing times.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hydigal said:

You should get your interview notice in December. The current processing time is 11.5 to 17.5 months. I believe you can submit an inquiry to CIS to make a decision about your application if it falls outside processing times.

Im hoping that they schedule the interview in December or early January.  The receipt date for case inquiry is July 5 2018 today. I will submit it if it gets to August 12.

Timeline

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 10:43 AM, Citizendan said:

It seems the ND office has stopped scheduling interviews in the new year . it will be 17 months on January 11 😃

Hi. I have a very similar timeline to yours. I filed my N400 on August 30 2018 (it will be 17 months on January 30 2020). I filed my I-75I on August 30 2017 (it will be 29 months on January 30 2020). It's very frustrating.

I was hoping to submit an inquiry for "outside of normal processing time" too, but they just changed that date. The wait time now is 11.5-22 months, and you can only inquire if your case was filed before February/March 2017. 

I'm glad there's a thread specifically pertaining to filers in ND. 

I was told my case is line for an interview appointment. But I've been hearing this since the end of 2018. I understand there's a big back log at the MN USCIS office, but then you also see people who get their N400 completed within 7-9 months at the same office. 

Edited by XmasGnome

1 hour ago, XmasGnome said:

Hi. I have a very similar timeline to yours. I filed my N400 on August 30 2018 (it will be 17 months on January 30 2020). I filed my I-75I on August 30 2017 (it will be 29 months on January 30 2020). It's very frustrating.

I was hoping to submit an inquiry for "outside of normal processing time" too, but they just changed that date. The wait time now is 11.5-22 months, and you can only inquire if your case was filed before February/March 2017. 

I'm glad there's a thread specifically pertaining to filers in ND. 

I was told my case is line for an interview appointment. But I've been hearing this since the end of 2018. I understand there's a big back log at the MN USCIS office, but then you also see people who get their N400 completed within 7-9 months at the same office. 

It's atrocious that one should have to wait so long when people in some other offices become citizens within  6 months. Have you tried contacting your local member of Congress or US senator?

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

35 minutes ago, N400NYC said:

It's atrocious that one should have to wait so long when people in some other offices become citizens within  6 months. Have you tried contacting your local member of Congress or US senator?

Yes, I contacted the office of my senator before the holidays. They were really nice and seemed to know what I was talking about when I was on the phone with them. I feel they can only follow up but have limited influence over the wait time. 

I guess all one can do is really to wait... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.