N-o-l-a

N-400 Filers from ND and Northern MN

205 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, XmasGnome said:

Yes, I contacted the office of my senator before the holidays. They were really nice and seemed to know what I was talking about when I was on the phone with them. I feel they can only follow up but have limited influence over the wait time. 

I guess all one can do is really to wait... 

It's worth calling again or writing a letter. Anything is worth a try!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, XmasGnome said:

Hi. I have a very similar timeline to yours. I filed my N400 on August 30 2018 (it will be 17 months on January 30 2020). I filed my I-75I on August 30 2017 (it will be 29 months on January 30 2020). It's very frustrating.

I was hoping to submit an inquiry for "outside of normal processing time" too, but they just changed that date. The wait time now is 11.5-22 months, and you can only inquire if your case was filed before February/March 2017. 

I'm glad there's a thread specifically pertaining to filers in ND. 

I was told my case is line for an interview appointment. But I've been hearing this since the end of 2018. I understand there's a big back log at the MN USCIS office, but then you also see people who get their N400 completed within 7-9 months at the same office. 

@XmasGnome We are in the same boat then. The MN office had a backlog but things have improved tremendously for those in Minneapolis and western Wisconsin. ND is not an immigrant friendly state so I dont think a Senator or rep would influence the process. The county where Bismark is nearly voted to bar 25 refugees coming this year. It's sad but we have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, Citizendan said:

@XmasGnome We are in the same boat then. The MN office had a backlog but things have improved tremendously for those in Minneapolis and western Wisconsin. ND is not an immigrant friendly state so I dont think a Senator or rep would influence the process. The county where Bismark is nearly voted to bar 25 refugees coming this year. It's sad but we have to wait.

@XmasGnome My interview was scheduled on 01/17/20. Yet to see the date and time. Yours should follow soon. That's after 17 months. ND sucks!

On 1/20/2020 at 9:45 AM, Citizendan said:

@XmasGnome My interview was scheduled on 01/17/20. Yet to see the date and time. Yours should follow soon. That's after 17 months. ND sucks!

Congrats. Good luck with the rest of the process! Hope it all goes fast from now on. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

uscis says my husband's supposed wait time is 20 days (for what, I don't know) and estimated case complete April of this year. Will be pleasantly surprised if that's truly the case but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen like that.

Are anyone else wait times on the uscis website similar to that?

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

On 1/5/2020 at 10:05 AM, XmasGnome said:

Hi. I have a very similar timeline to yours. I filed my N400 on August 30 2018 (it will be 17 months on January 30 2020). I filed my I-75I on August 30 2017 (it will be 29 months on January 30 2020). It's very frustrating.

I was hoping to submit an inquiry for "outside of normal processing time" too, but they just changed that date. The wait time now is 11.5-22 months, and you can only inquire if your case was filed before February/March 2017. 

I'm glad there's a thread specifically pertaining to filers in ND. 

I was told my case is line for an interview appointment. But I've been hearing this since the end of 2018. I understand there's a big back log at the MN USCIS office, but then you also see people who get their N400 completed within 7-9 months at the same office. 

My wife's N-400 filing date is 8/21/18. She did her biometrics a month after that and there have been no updates whatsoever. Every few months when we call they tell us everything is just fine with the application and that the MN office is very slow. We all experience the same frustration, yet we cannot do anything about it. 

Looking at your timeline sure gives us some hope, but if we just go by the posted timelines does that mean she won't get an interview until June 2020? 

Timeline
On 1/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, indiandude3368 said:

My wife's N-400 filing date is 8/21/18. She did her biometrics a month after that and there have been no updates whatsoever. Every few months when we call they tell us everything is just fine with the application and that the MN office is very slow. We all experience the same frustration, yet we cannot do anything about it. 

Looking at your timeline sure gives us some hope, but if we just go by the posted timelines does that mean she won't get an interview until June 2020? 

@Indiandude  I applied on 08/11/18 and my interview was scheduled on 01/17/20.  Your wife's own is close. 

On 1/28/2020 at 7:48 PM, Citizendan said:

@Indiandude  I applied on 08/11/18 and my interview was scheduled on 01/17/20.  Your wife's own is close. 

Finally her status changed to interview scheduled. Now checking for the actual date. Any idea how long it takes to show up in the documents tab?

i finally see the case moving after 17 months 😂

Timeline
3 minutes ago, indiandude3368 said:

Finally her status changed to interview scheduled. Now checking for the actual date. Any idea how long it takes to show up in the documents tab?

i finally see the case moving after 17 months 😂

@Indiandude Congrats to her. She should see the letter in the document tab by Monday or Tuesday evening.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, indiandude3368 said:

Great. They at least give a month right for the interview? When did they schedule yours? She really needs to study hard.. Lol. 

@Indiandude Mine is on Feb 26

Timeline
On 2/1/2020 at 10:10 AM, indiandude3368 said:

The interview letter appeared in the doc tab. It is scheduled for March 11. Do share with us your experience and good luck to you man. 

@Indiandude Is she attending the interview at Fargo?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.