Pseudo_

Few more questions about after NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey VJ peeps,

Been searching about these questions for the past hours but been finding no luck or I'm just missing it. Hopefully someone can clarify these things for me.

1. My USC Fiancee already got an email letter from NVC (posted below). My fiancee never received a hard copy yet, Will they still send one thru mail or this email is enough for  me to print to present so I can get my medical examination?

2. As I checked thru CEAC website, our status already shows 'Ready'. Do I still have to wait for the US Embassy of my country to contact me before I can pay for the visa and schedule an appointment? If yes, are they going to contact me thru email? Coz I've moved to a new location.

3. Do I need to schedule everything right away after the Philippines US Embassy give me the signal or can I delay it for at least 2 months? Some things came up and It would be convenient for me to do the medical and interview after a month or two.

So sorry if these questions have been asked before but I have missed it, really. Thank you very much

20190225_142429.jpg

Timeline

Check out Hank's step-by-step guide for the K1 process in Manila:

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

I've also asked the admins to move your post to the Philippines regional sub-forum so you can get more answers from our regulars:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved to the Philippines regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pseudo_ said:

Hey VJ peeps,

Been searching about these questions for the past hours but been finding no luck or I'm just missing it. Hopefully someone can clarify these things for me.

1. My USC Fiancee already got an email letter from NVC (posted below). My fiancee never received a hard copy yet, Will they still send one thru mail or this email is enough for  me to print to present so I can get my medical examination?

2. As I checked thru CEAC website, our status already shows 'Ready'. Do I still have to wait for the US Embassy of my country to contact me before I can pay for the visa and schedule an appointment? If yes, are they going to contact me thru email? Coz I've moved to a new location.

3. Do I need to schedule everything right away after the Philippines US Embassy give me the signal or can I delay it for at least 2 months? Some things came up and It would be convenient for me to do the medical and interview after a month or two.

So sorry if these questions have been asked before but I have missed it, really. Thank you very much

20190225_142429.jpg

Your status at CEAC is READY!!   Then it is ROCK n ROLL Time!!!!!    Nothing to wait for.

The email is adequate for completing the medical at St. Luke's, print a copy of that email and bring the first day of the medical.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Here is the K-1 visa process:  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

You are in control of when things are done for the visa process.  Being you want to wait a couple months I would suggest to get your profile setup for now, then wait for a short time on the medical (visa validity dates will be tied to the date of the medical).   If you pay the visa fee now it will still be valid for up to 1 year .. no harm in waiting.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
11 hours ago, Pseudo_ said:

Hey VJ peeps,

20190225_142429.jpg

We had the same case, we never received the physical letter AT ALL. But I went to go ahead and schedule for my interview and medical. Got approved!!!!! VJ family have been a very big and great help actually. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Yetzky said:

We had the same case, we never received the physical letter AT ALL. 

And you never will.  If you provide NVC an e-mail address, the official "letter" comes as an attachment to an e-mail and they will not send it via post. 

YMMV

Letter comes as a .rtf attachment.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the eligibility letter (nothing too exciting): 

You are now eligible to schedule a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines.
You must pay the K1/K2 visa application fee before you can schedule a visa appointment. For information regarding visa payment, you may visit http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp.

To schedule a visa interview appointment, you should visit this website:http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501, (632) 976-8502 or (632) 981-8300 to schedule a visa appointment.  The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time) except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.  Callers in the United States may contact the Call Center at (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours. You must have the case number, passport number, and passport expiry date for each applicant ready when requesting a visa appointment.

·         Please note that if you are unable to keep your visa appointment date, you need to call the Visa Information and Appointment Service to re-schedule.

To prepare for your interview, please visit our website (https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/) to become familiar with the procedures to follow before the interview. 

·        You must complete the Form DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application) athttps://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ prior to the visa interview. You should notify the Embassy by email at support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com once the DS-160 has been completed.

·        You must present a printed DS-160 confirmation page at the time of your visa interview. Applicants without a printed confirmation page will be advised to re-schedule their appointments.

·        You are required to read the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA) pamphlet (https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/IMBRA.html) which provides information on the legal rights available to immigrant victims of domestic violence in the United States.

·        You must register a delivery address online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/phbefore coming in for the visa interview. Failure to designate a delivery address prior to your appointment date will result in delayed delivery of your passport and visa.  

When communicating with the Embassy by telephone, e-mail, letter, or fax, always refer to your name, case number and visa category as they appear below.

Sincerely,
Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.