MDHS

expedited processing but delayed due to medical

23 posts in this topic

Technically you can be eligible for another visa (i.e. B-2/tourist) in the meantime. In practice, this very, very likely isn't going to be issued with a pending K-1. But it's not impossible.

Hi geowrian,

Thanks for all the info.  The blood  test  did crossed my mind to request. But you just underscored that it will just be  futile and i think I agree. 

I do have B1/B2 visa which is good till 2022. And have been contemplating using it. But with all the forums i have read so far.  I haven't read someone not getting deported back at POE upon being verified with standing immigration application.  And you're right, SLEC said they submit my CXR findings to USEM as soon as they got the result.  I am not sure though if they also did that on my negative AFB smear and it it still will be any help at all. So it adds to my worry, if I  try to go there, will i be also get flagged down at POE  for this and  affect my visa approval too?

And also I also pray for your upcoming  surgery to go well.

""That I am referring to is not gossip per say but the general speaking amongst each other about "so called" facts that they heard from someone who heard it from someone else that it happened with their brother.""  

---- You did referred to it as gossip  => ""OMG the Filipino gossip machine strikes again""

Facts will not be facts to someone until being proven with  evidence. Hence its being researched , checked and naturally being talked about or discussed with someone else.  All part of trying to learn if they are indeed facts.  

---- Adding the ""Filipino"" to it is a subjective observation if not racist.

"'This type of conversation is rampant in the Filipino community and once you get out of the Philippines this will become apparent. That is why I said that....'' 

--- I've been around to different parts of the world.  Worked, friended and known other nationalities for years at close hand here and there.   What you're saying as rampant  to  Filipinos is also rampant to other nationalities . Chinese,  Japanese and news flash even to Americans. So  as I have said, talking or gossiping if you prefer to describe it as such is normal to all human beings. 

3 hours ago, MDHS said:

I do have B1/B2 visa which is good till 2022. And have been contemplating using it. But with all the forums i have read so far.  I haven't read someone not getting deported back at POE upon being verified with standing immigration application.  And you're right, SLEC said they submit my CXR findings to USEM as soon as they got the result.  I am not sure though if they also did that on my negative AFB smear and it it still will be any help at all. So it adds to my worry, if I  try to go there, will i be also get flagged down at POE  for this and  affect my visa approval too?

Getting a tourist visa is the hardest part. Using it will likely incur additional scrutiny, but is a valid option and many people do this.

You might be turned away, but it's the only option with a realistic non-0% chance of being there before the sputum results arrive.

If admitted, you can stay up to when I-94 expires. You must still return back home to complete processing. USEM will generally renew the I-129F's approval for up to 1 year.

If not admitted and you are honest with them, you should be offered a withdrawal of application. This won't hurt your visa application.

Full disclosure: There is a risk of getting an expedited deportation instead, but this usually the case when somebody is giving them a hard time (being evasive, lying, intending to work, etc.). This would require an I-212 to be filed and approved before they could issue the K-1.

You can be there for the surgery and as emotional support and such. Don't cross the line into being a caretaker as that is considered work and you are not authorized to work.

There's a thread about visiting mid-process. Most people do so while in the USCIS stage - not this late into the process - but it's still a good read.

< As a note to others who may read this...I normally would not even remotely suggest somebody to travel while undergoing any sort of TB testing. There's a risk of being positive and spreading it in a closed environment like a plane. In this particular case, the reason for the extra TB testing is well known due to the medical history. >

If you do try to visit and are admitted, then if you already submitted the DS-160, be sure to tell them when you do interview so they can update your record with the latest travel. This applies to anybody who travels internationally, not just those who travel to the US.

3 hours ago, MDHS said:

And also I also pray for your upcoming  surgery to go well.

Thank you. :) It's March 28th, and I'm hoping to be out of there within a week and then resume normal treatment shortly afterwards. Fingers crossed.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

8 hours ago, MDHS said:

""That I am referring to is not gossip per say but the general speaking amongst each other about "so called" facts that they heard from someone who heard it from someone else that it happened with their brother.""  

---- You did referred to it as gossip  => ""OMG the Filipino gossip machine strikes again""

Facts will not be facts to someone until being proven with  evidence. Hence its being researched , checked and naturally being talked about or discussed with someone else.  All part of trying to learn if they are indeed facts.  

---- Adding the ""Filipino"" to it is a subjective observation if not racist.

"'This type of conversation is rampant in the Filipino community and once you get out of the Philippines this will become apparent. That is why I said that....'' 

--- I've been around to different parts of the world.  Worked, friended and known other nationalities for years at close hand here and there.   What you're saying as rampant  to  Filipinos is also rampant to other nationalities . Chinese,  Japanese and news flash even to Americans. So  as I have said, talking or gossiping if you prefer to describe it as such is normal to all human beings. 

Racist.... That's funny right there. DW I will not comment any further on your posts. 

2 hours ago, Umka36 said:

You tell your Filipino wife that you are a racist against Filipino?

She would laugh at me if I told her that to be honest. Because she knows that ain't the case at all. I would have to be racist against my 2 Fil-Am daughters as well if that were the case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, Cyberfx1024 said:

She would laugh at me if I told her that to be honest. Because she knows that ain't the case at all. I would have to be racist against my 2 Fil-Am daughters as well if that were the case.

A wise man once said that even a fool is considered wise if he keeps his mouth shut.  Otherwise throw out the racism card and remove all doubt 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.