MDHS

expedited processing but delayed due to medical

23 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping  somebody can help advice me.  My wife and I  have requested for an expedited processing in NVC  since January due to my wife  recently being diagnosed with  cancer.  She was schedule to undergo surgery this week. I had scheduled my interview appointment  with the embassy when the NVC responded via email that they have  approved expediting our request.  I went on to proceed with my medical exam in SLEC. I had history of TB back when in my 20's im 40 now and undergone the 6 months treatment in our municipal health center.  But i didn't keep the records and neither  the local health center does too for anything 5 year  and older.  So any evidence for the treatment is long gone.  I do have annual employment physical exam with x-rays dating back as far as 2012  that always shows stable fibrosis  due to residual infection.  Hence i am always fit to work as any TST and reconfirmation x-rays  always yieldéd the same negative results. So i brought all these films to SLEC as my medical history.  However,  SLEC still have required me to undergo the sputum exam. The  AFB tests are now negative but have to wait for that 2 months culture result.   Can I still proceed with my interview in the embassy in hopes that they will allow me to be expedited as my wife needed me in this very urgent  and most difficult time of our life?  Can the embassy let me with pending culture test results?  Does somebody have the similar situation like ours? Any advice will be very much appreciated..

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's condition. Good luck with the surgery and I hope she has a quick recovery.

21 minutes ago, MDHS said:

Can I still proceed with my interview in the embassy in hopes that they will allow me to be expedited as my wife needed me in this very urgent  and most difficult time of our life?  Can the embassy let me with pending culture test results?  Does somebody have the similar situation like ours? Any advice will be very much appreciated..

No. They likely won't let you even enter the embassy without a completed medical result. That's what they've done with others in the past who have tried.

They cannot issue the visa without a completed medical. This is a requirement under the law, not a discretionary decision.

Technically there is a waiver on health grounds, but it won't apply here since:

1) SLEC won't release the results until testing is completed. No medical results = no visa

2) The waiver is extremely difficult to obtain.

3) It is not quick by any means. The sputum results would likely be in before then.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

14 minutes ago, MDHS said:

Is there any other possible way?  This is a very difficult time for us. 

Unfortunately not. SLEC follows the CDC guidelines regarding the testing and treatment for TB. They will not release medical exam results until testing is complete. And they won't accept IGRA in lieu of sputum culture results.

I really wish I could tell you some other way around it, but that's just not on the table. I sympathize what you're going through. Heck, my surgery is in a month.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

my wife's asked around with her friends in US and  said  that one of  her friends have a Filipina neighbor and that she  received a tb class and was approved to go with  pending culture test. What could be this procedure be about?

2 hours ago, MDHS said:

my wife's asked around with her friends in US and  said  that one of  her friends have a Filipina neighbor and that she  received a tb class and was approved to go with  pending culture test. What could be this procedure be about?

I've never heard of any immigrant or K-1 visa being issued in those cases (without a waiver). There are many who completed sputum testing and/or treatment and then had to do an additional test once in the US as their visa was marked with a TB-classed medical condition. But they did have to complete testing before SLEC would release the results.

Maybe those individuals can shed some light on what they did...? As stated., SLEC won't release the results until testing is complete and you won't even get to any interview without medical results. So how they even got to interview would be the first question to ask them.

Also, keep in mind the timelines. The information above is current policy with SLEC and Manila. Maybe it differed several years or more ago?

Technically you can be eligible for another visa (i.e. B-2/tourist) in the meantime. In practice, this very, very likely isn't going to be issued with a pending K-1. But it's not impossible.

I'm moving the thread to the Philippines forum as hopefully others can either confirm or rebut my comments. They're very active with several very knowledgeable members when it comes to SLEC.

* Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Philippines regional forum as the response is specific to SLEC/Manila *

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/25/2019 at 12:12 AM, MDHS said:

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping  somebody can help advice me.  My wife and I  have requested for an expedited processing in NVC  since January due to my wife  recently being diagnosed with  cancer.  She was schedule to undergo surgery this week. I had scheduled my interview appointment  with the embassy when the NVC responded via email that they have  approved expediting our request.  I went on to proceed with my medical exam in SLEC. I had history of TB back when in my 20's im 40 now and undergone the 6 months treatment in our municipal health center.  But i didn't keep the records and neither  the local health center does too for anything 5 year  and older.  So any evidence for the treatment is long gone.  I do have annual employment physical exam with x-rays dating back as far as 2012  that always shows stable fibrosis  due to residual infection.  Hence i am always fit to work as any TST and reconfirmation x-rays  always yieldéd the same negative results. So i brought all these films to SLEC as my medical history.  However,  SLEC still have required me to undergo the sputum exam. The  AFB tests are now negative but have to wait for that 2 months culture result.   Can I still proceed with my interview in the embassy in hopes that they will allow me to be expedited as my wife needed me in this very urgent  and most difficult time of our life?  Can the embassy let me with pending culture test results?  Does somebody have the similar situation like ours? Any advice will be very much appreciated..

You will have to cancel the interview at the embassy and then reschedule it for after the medical is completed.    No way around this.  SLEC follows CDC guidelines.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 hours ago, MDHS said:

OMG the Filipino gossip machine strikes again. The 2nd one today I have seen so far. 

11 hours ago,  MDHS said: 

OMG the Filipino gossip machine strikes again. The 2nd one today I have seen so far. 

Cyber whatever, 

—if you have no relevant thing to say other than being racist please do not  comment here.  First my wife is not a Filipina nor her friends who told her.  And theyre not gossiping at all.   And second you should be intelligent  enough to know that what you understand as gossiping is not only common to Filipinos.  It is human nature to all nationalities.  

Reminder that it is against the site's TOS to tell members not to comment.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

56 minutes ago, MDSH said:

OMG the Filipino gossip machine strikes again. The 2nd one today I have seen so far. 

Cyber whatever, 

—if you have no relevant thing to say other than being racist please do not  comment here.  First my wife is not a Filipina nor her friends who told her.  And theyre not gossiping at all.   And second you should be intelligent  enough to know that what you understand as gossiping is not only common to Filipinos.  It is human nature to all nationalities.  

That I am referring to is not gossip per say but the general speaking amongst each other about "so called" facts that they heard from someone who heard it from someone else that it happened with their brother. This type of conversation is rampant in the Filipino community and once you get out of the Philippines this will become apparent. That is why I said that.... 

The other one I was referring to was that a guy posted about his wife being pregnant and her wanting to give birth in the Philippines not here in the USA. So he asking about how long a LPR or GC holder can stay out of the country because "his wife had heard that if she stays longer than 6 months it is automatically revoked". Which is not the case at all. Sorry if you took offense to my comment but it still stands. I understand this is a trying time for y'all right now and pray that she gets better. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, MDSH said:

Cyber whatever, 

Changed your "handle"?  MDHS/MDSH

Anyway, this is the Philippines forum, if you are not processing your visa through the Philippines I doubt you will find much information that would be helpful to you.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Then why are you posting in the Philippines subforum?

I moved it to the PH forum for additional input as the question is specific to SLEC & Manila. It was not originally posted here.

The wife is the petitioner, I believe. The OP is the beneficiary.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I moved it to the PH forum for additional input as the question is specific to SLEC & Manila. It was not originally posted here.

The wife is the petitioner, I believe. The OP is the beneficiary.

I corrected it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.