Voice of Reason

With women in combat roles, a federal court rules the male-only draft unconstitutional

23 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I would have thought the male only draft requirement  had been over.

I got contacted by the SS for failure to register when i was a young 2nd louie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Makes sense. And yes, it is kind of surprising it has not been done before considering the increasing amount of women serving. 

18 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Honestly I find this rather enlightening and encouraging. A far number of us men been saying this for years now. If I can have a woman serving right alongside of me in a combat zone then why can't she sign up for the draft was well? 

Just for the record i dont agree with women being deployed to foward areas with men 

Just now, Unidentified said:

Makes sense. And yes, it is kind of surprising it has not been done before considering the increasing amount of women serving. 

Well especially now that the fields of combat have become so blurred compared to what they used to be. You have non-violent jobs being in combat and women dying as a result of it. It's like a woman is equal to me in the field but not in the eyes of the government.

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Just for the record i dont agree with women being deployed to foward areas with men 

I am not either because I see how it screws up the unit at a COB or a FOB. 

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I would have thought the male only draft requirement  had been over.

I got contacted by the SS for failure to register when i was a young 2nd louie

Lucky you I only made it as high as a Sergeant. 

Timeline

I know it is not the same because Sweden never goes to war and does not really do the whole draft thing... It used to be a requirement to do military service for one year. Then they scrapped that but now recently realized it might be a good idea to do it again... They only had training on a voluntary basis and it wasn't as effective in bringing people in. So this time around they have a gender-neutral requirement that everyone should do training for either 9 months or 11 months. 

4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Why not?

Just now, Unidentified said:

I know it is not the same because Sweden never goes to war and does not really do the whole draft thing... It used to be a requirement to do military service for one year. Then they scrapped that but now recently realized it might be a good idea to do it again... They only had training on a voluntary basis and it wasn't as effective in bringing people in. So this time around they have a gender-neutral requirement that everyone should do training for either 9 months or 11 months. 

I have said we should do the same here. Make it a requirement of everyone doing at least 12-18 months. 

7 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Why not?

Because at a very small base like a COB or a small FOB women are very much a distraction from the overall mission. All because the guys are still teenagers and young 20 year old guys so hormones DO play apart of of this. 

Yes, pregnancies do happen as well and have happened in Iraq and Afghanistan

3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Because at a very small base like a COB or a small FOB women are very much a distraction from the overall mission. All because the guys are still teenagers and young 20 year old guys so hormones DO play apart of of this. 

Yes, pregnancies do happen as well and have happened in Iraq and Afghanistan

Becuase of what he said 

Filed: Timeline

I remember in 2011 when a female soldier was trying to leave Afghanistan with over $20,000 cash.  Seems her night job paid better than her day job.

Seems tax evasion is still a no-no.

Edited by ALFKAD

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I remember in 2011 when a female soldier was trying to leave Afghanistan with over $20,000 cash.  Seems her night job paid better than her day job.

Seems tax evasion is still a no-no.

You make it sound like this would only be an issue with female soldiers.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Unidentified said:

You make it sound like this would only be an issue with female soldiers.

No, I'm simply pointing out one factual case I know of.  Anyone could potentially do it, but historically I believe women are more prone to that profession.  But the times, they may be a changin'!!