Jump to content
Chaudhary231

Administrative processing

59 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello. 
 
My wife and 3 kids applied for B2 visa on 22-2-2019 from islamabad US embassy. VO took their passports and handed them 221(g) white paper. VO said exaclty: " miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you by today reply to that email by today"
 
Which we did after 2 hours of email. It contains general questions like: 
 
Your passport numbers
Your siblings names
Your job in 15 years
Country visited in last 15 years source of funds etc.
General info.
 
 
Please advise what could be the reason or outcome? We are really worried.
 
Little background: 2011
My brother was LPR. 
My wife and 1 kid (had 1 kid then) applied B2 in 2011 rejected. I had valid B2 visa.
 
In 2013 my wife 2 kids by then applied for B2 visa. This time approved. I already had B2 again.
 
Now: in 2019
My bro is US citizen.
My wife's parents and her two 3 siblings are LPR now by F4 which they recieved in 2014-15.
I still have valid B2. Applied in 2017 and approved.
 
Interview went like this: 
 
VO: have you ever changed ur name?
Ans: yes once. (As my wife prev name was with father as surname now with my name as surname after marriage)
Vo: why you want to go to US
Ans: meet my parents my bro in law and vacations
( As from 2015 to 2018 we go every year for summer vacations for a month)
Vo: who are with you here?
Ans: my kids
Vo: what do u do?
Ans: i am a teacher ( although mentioned in ds form i am sponsoring her)
Vo: what do you do sir? ( As i was with them inside embassy although i had valid b2 visa)
Ans: businessman( gave details well established business so no prob in that am sure)
Vo: do you have a valid visa?
Me: yes
Vo: pl pass me your passport.
Vo: ( after typing like ages gave my passport back to me)
 
Vo: ok i think thats all.
" miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you today reply to that email by today"
 
Thats it. Any clues please? my observation is that may be it is because of her parents or my brother they want to check for immigration status or something? As in DS form we answered we havnt applied for any immigration which in real we havent.
 
Please advise.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the form DS5535 questions, some people are getting increased scrutiny on applications. Doesn’t matter why we think it happens, only option is to answer the questions and wait...

 

(keeping passports is usually a good sign, that they think they will issue once they have the info.)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:
Hello. 
 
My wife and 3 kids applied for B2 visa on 22-2-2019 from islamabad US embassy. VO took their passports and handed them 221(g) white paper. VO said exaclty: " miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you by today reply to that email by today"
 
Which we did after 2 hours of email. It contains general questions like: 
 
Your passport numbers
Your siblings names
Your job in 15 years
Country visited in last 15 years source of funds etc.
General info.
 
 
Please advise what could be the reason or outcome? We are really worried.
 
Little background: 2011
My brother was LPR. 
My wife and 1 kid (had 1 kid then) applied B2 in 2011 rejected. I had valid B2 visa.
 
In 2013 my wife 2 kids by then applied for B2 visa. This time approved. I already had B2 again.
 
Now: in 2019
My bro is US citizen.
My wife's parents and her two 3 siblings are LPR now by F4 which they recieved in 2014-15.
I still have valid B2. Applied in 2017 and approved.
 
Interview went like this: 
 
VO: have you ever changed ur name?
Ans: yes once. (As my wife prev name was with father as surname now with my name as surname after marriage)
Vo: why you want to go to US
Ans: meet my parents my bro in law and vacations
( As from 2015 to 2018 we go every year for summer vacations for a month)
Vo: who are with you here?
Ans: my kids
Vo: what do u do?
Ans: i am a teacher ( although mentioned in ds form i am sponsoring her)
Vo: what do you do sir? ( As i was with them inside embassy although i had valid b2 visa)
Ans: businessman( gave details well established business so no prob in that am sure)
Vo: do you have a valid visa?
Me: yes
Vo: pl pass me your passport.
Vo: ( after typing like ages gave my passport back to me)
 
Vo: ok i think thats all.
" miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you today reply to that email by today"
 
Thats it. Any clues please? my observation is that may be it is because of her parents or my brother they want to check for immigration status or something? As in DS form we answered we havnt applied for any immigration which in real we havent.
 
Please advise.
 

What is your actual question?  Whether that type of scrutiny is normal from Pakistan?

 

If the interview was just a day or two ago, it will likely be in AP for awhile.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:
Hello. 
 
My wife and 3 kids applied for B2 visa on 22-2-2019 from islamabad US embassy. VO took their passports and handed them 221(g) white paper. VO said exaclty: " miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you by today reply to that email by today"
 
Which we did after 2 hours of email. It contains general questions like: 
 
Your passport numbers
Your siblings names
Your job in 15 years
Country visited in last 15 years source of funds etc.
General info.
 
 
Please advise what could be the reason or outcome? We are really worried.
 
Little background: 2011
My brother was LPR. 
My wife and 1 kid (had 1 kid then) applied B2 in 2011 rejected. I had valid B2 visa.
 
In 2013 my wife 2 kids by then applied for B2 visa. This time approved. I already had B2 again.
 
Now: in 2019
My bro is US citizen.
My wife's parents and her two 3 siblings are LPR now by F4 which they recieved in 2014-15.
I still have valid B2. Applied in 2017 and approved.
 
Interview went like this: 
 
VO: have you ever changed ur name?
Ans: yes once. (As my wife prev name was with father as surname now with my name as surname after marriage)
Vo: why you want to go to US
Ans: meet my parents my bro in law and vacations
( As from 2015 to 2018 we go every year for summer vacations for a month)
Vo: who are with you here?
Ans: my kids
Vo: what do u do?
Ans: i am a teacher ( although mentioned in ds form i am sponsoring her)
Vo: what do you do sir? ( As i was with them inside embassy although i had valid b2 visa)
Ans: businessman( gave details well established business so no prob in that am sure)
Vo: do you have a valid visa?
Me: yes
Vo: pl pass me your passport.
Vo: ( after typing like ages gave my passport back to me)
 
Vo: ok i think thats all.
" miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you today reply to that email by today"
 
Thats it. Any clues please? my observation is that may be it is because of her parents or my brother they want to check for immigration status or something? As in DS form we answered we havnt applied for any immigration which in real we havent.
 
Please advise.
 

I hope they issued the visa  soon , very hard to get B2 Visa from Islamabad , Good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bestluck said:

I hope they issued the visa  soon , very hard to get B2 Visa from Islamabad , Good luck 

Sadly this is true, 48% refusal rate for Pakistani nationals, but hopefully good sign they were asked for more info rather than outright refusal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

What is your actual question?  Whether that type of scrutiny is normal from Pakistan?

 

If the interview was just a day or two ago, it will likely be in AP for awhile.  

My question is, is it normal or anyone has gone through such process what is the expected outcome? Should i be worried or just keep calm if its normal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Sadly this is true, 48% refusal rate for Pakistani nationals, but hopefully good sign they were asked for more info rather than outright refusal.

Yup but with travel history with US and one previous visa i hope nothing goes wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:
Hello. 
 
My wife and 3 kids applied for B2 visa on 22-2-2019 from islamabad US embassy. VO took their passports and handed them 221(g) white paper. VO said exaclty: " miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you by today reply to that email by today"
 
Which we did after 2 hours of email. It contains general questions like: 
 
Your passport numbers
Your siblings names
Your job in 15 years
Country visited in last 15 years source of funds etc.
General info.
 
 
Please advise what could be the reason or outcome? We are really worried.
 
Little background: 2011
My brother was LPR. 
My wife and 1 kid (had 1 kid then) applied B2 in 2011 rejected. I had valid B2 visa.
 
In 2013 my wife 2 kids by then applied for B2 visa. This time approved. I already had B2 again.
 
Now: in 2019
My bro is US citizen.
My wife's parents and her two 3 siblings are LPR now by F4 which they recieved in 2014-15.
I still have valid B2. Applied in 2017 and approved.
 
Interview went like this: 
 
VO: have you ever changed ur name?
Ans: yes once. (As my wife prev name was with father as surname now with my name as surname after marriage)
Vo: why you want to go to US
Ans: meet my parents my bro in law and vacations
( As from 2015 to 2018 we go every year for summer vacations for a month)
Vo: who are with you here?
Ans: my kids
Vo: what do u do?
Ans: i am a teacher ( although mentioned in ds form i am sponsoring her)
Vo: what do you do sir? ( As i was with them inside embassy although i had valid b2 visa)
Ans: businessman( gave details well established business so no prob in that am sure)
Vo: do you have a valid visa?
Me: yes
Vo: pl pass me your passport.
Vo: ( after typing like ages gave my passport back to me)
 
Vo: ok i think thats all.
" miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you today reply to that email by today"
 
Thats it. Any clues please? my observation is that may be it is because of her parents or my brother they want to check for immigration status or something? As in DS form we answered we havnt applied for any immigration which in real we havent.
 
Please advise.
 

You having a valid b2 is easier as your wife and kids are in Pakistan getting a b2 for the entire family is more difficult.  That coupled with family already there it may look as if you are attempting to migrate.   

 

How often do you travel to USA on your visa?

What evidence did your wife supply proving she will be returning back to Pakistan?

The questionnaire takes a decent amount of time to process...a bit faster for a visitor visa than an immigrant but no-one can tell you how long it will take or insure that the visas will be issued in the end.  You just have to be patient.

 

 

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chaudhary231 said:

My question is, is it normal or anyone has gone through such process what is the expected outcome? Should i be worried or just keep calm if its normal? 

Many people go through it these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Sounds like the form DS5535 questions, some people are getting increased scrutiny on applications. Doesn’t matter why we think it happens, only option is to answer the questions and wait...

 

(keeping passports is usually a good sign, that they think they will issue once they have the info.)

Thanks alot for your kind reply. Will look what ds5535 says i have no idea. Hoping for the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chaudhary231 said:

My question is, is it normal or anyone has gone through such process what is the expected outcome? Should i be worried or just keep calm if its normal? 

High levels of scrutiny and background checks are normal for Pakistan.  Pakistan does not cooperate with security data sharing with the United States, so the process often is much longer than for countries that share data.

 

There is no way to anticipate or predict the length of AP though.  It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

You having a valid b2 is easy as your wife and kids are in Pakistan getting a b2 for the entire family is more difficult.  That coupled with family already there it may look as if you are attempting to migrate.   

 

How often do you travel to USA on your visa?

What evidence did your wife supply proving she will be returning back to Pakistan?

The questionnaire takes a decent amount of time to process...a bit faster for a visitor visa than an immigrant but no-one can tell you how long it will take or insure that the visas will be issued in the end.  You just have to be patient.

 

 

Well first time they were issued visa. I already had B2 at that time too. I understand what you say. 

 

We traveled since 2015 to 2018 4 times 40 36 33 16 days respectively once a year in summer vacations.

 

As mentioned in DS from i was their sponsor. They didnt look any document but he asked me about my business which i told VO (very well established business it is)

Edited by Chaudhary231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:

Well first time they were issued visa. I already had B2 at that time too. I understand what you say. 

 

We traveled since 2015 to 2018 4 times 40 36 33 16 days respectively once a year in summer vacations.

Yes, but now that her entire family is in the US, circumstances have changed and she would be seen to be at higher risk of trying to immigrate on a tourist visa.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Yes, but now that her entire family is in the US, circumstances have changed and she would be seen to be at higher risk of trying to immigrate on a tourist visa.  

Agreed. So what do you think they will check whether any immigration petition has been filled for them or they are on constant risk to be immigrated to US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×