DanyalW

Received EAD approval but no online status update

25 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, DanyalW said:

Thanks! Can I just straight out ask for a tier 2 agent, or is there some explanation that would justify it (or make the process easier) - like I'm outside of processing time? Or I received an EAD notice without biometrics/ online updates, etc... 

My last experience calling in they were very insistent that nothing was wrong with my case and that there was nothing they could do - even though I suspected that my biometrics was already VERY delayed. Now it's been over 180 days. 

If you ask for a supervisor (which is a Tier 2 agent) they cant decline you. 

And the last time you called, they offered you very incorrect info. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
33 minutes ago, DanyalW said:

Thanks! Can I just straight out ask for a tier 2 agent, or is there some explanation that would justify it (or make the process easier) - like I'm outside of processing time? Or I received an EAD notice without biometrics/ online updates, etc... 

My last experience calling in they were very insistent that nothing was wrong with my case and that there was nothing they could do - even though I suspected that my biometrics was already VERY delayed. Now it's been over 180 days. 

Best to explain why you wanna speak to a TIER2 cause they get pretty annoyed with people that just ask for TIER2 without good reason. Also, they're not obligated to let you speak with one.

Some people call cause they sent their package 2 days ago and they didn't receive their NOA yet. Obviously no need for TIER2 there and they'll never let you speak with one if that's the reason. If you explain this they'll prob automatically tell you they're gonna get you in contact with a TIER2.

12 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Very true on the photos but I think they use those photos as documentation on your Afile. Otherwise the biometrics would only involve fingerprints unless the photo at biometrics is used as a confirmation of who those fingerprints belong to in that moment.

Yeah the pics you send are for your immigration file and at the biometric appointment they take your fingerprints and photo for background checks and that picture is the one on the ead card. I hope this issue gets resolved soon though, is kind of scary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was amazed about this topic they could have use the photo and finger print taken during the port of entry. If this is the case no more backlog to their end.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
On 2/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Very true on the photos but I think they use those photos as documentation on your Afile. Otherwise the biometrics would only involve fingerprints unless the photo at biometrics is used as a confirmation of who those fingerprints belong to in that moment.

Hey man I have been following your posts for a while you are very active and good job for helping a lot of people. EAD doesn't need your fingerprints per say. This is what they do as part of your C9 category which you need fingerprint background check for your adjustment of status. Now the fact that this guy is 180 days in and hasn't gone for bio metrics is crazy. However, they can issue EAD without background check. I currently have an EAD without ever going to a bio metrics appointment. That's why USCIS says again and again we review requests on a case to case basis. 

1 hour ago, Greek said:

Hey man I have been following your posts for a while you are very active and good job for helping a lot of people. EAD doesn't need your fingerprints per say. This is what they do as part of your C9 category which you need fingerprint background check for your adjustment of status. Now the fact that this guy is 180 days in and hasn't gone for bio metrics is crazy. However, they can issue EAD without background check. I currently have an EAD without ever going to a bio metrics appointment. That's why USCIS says again and again we review requests on a case to case basis. 

Interesting! Thanks.

1 hour ago, Greek said:

Update...I finally received an appointment for the biometrics next week! And, surprise, surprise...they sent me my SSN card as well! But, still no actual EAD card... I would have thought the SSN is after the EAD or AOS? Everything seems to be a mess with this tbh. 

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
1 hour ago, DanyalW said:

Update...I finally received an appointment for the biometrics next week! And, surprise, surprise...they sent me my SSN card as well! But, still no actual EAD card... I would have thought the SSN is after the EAD or AOS? Everything seems to be a mess with this tbh. 

A mess indeed!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: 

It seems now that USCIS have  flagged my case to be expedited, because everything is moving along quickly. The day after the biometrics appointment my status on the AOS changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview", and my EAD has been printed and shipped (so for the record, they did not complete the EAD without the fingerprints after all). 

I don't have the card in hand, but I'm hoping in the next few days it's delivered. I also don't have an appointment yet, but I'm hoping soon. It may be that the National Benefits Center neglected my case, and since it's been handed to the Detroit Field Office they are now expediting it because they can see nothing was done on it for 6 months. 

For anyone in this situation in the future: If your biometrics is late, continue calling USCIS until someone makes a note of it. The fact that things seem expedited now means I may have in fact been overlooked. Also, make an online profile. It may just have just be coincidence, but there were no online updates on my case or any actions after the NOA1...shortly after I made an online profile and activated my email and mobile updates, my EAD got approved. So I'm not sure if this made me more visible in the system, or if I was just nearly outside of processing time for the EAD and got flagged (and only then they realized I hadn't even gone for biometrics). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.