lynn2018

cry gave back passport

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey guys! im asking for a friend that doesn't have this website. they had interview today and the interview guy told them everything looked great but gave him back their passport. told them to follow instructions in email. just confused as to why they not keep passport but told them things looked great. does it very based on how long they have been married?

First, ask your friend to join the website, it's a lot easier to talk to the person who is having the questions.

Second, did they hand your friend ANYTHING other than the passport? Maybe something telling them that they should send something in?

Third, did they ever get the e-mail and if so what did it say?

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Just now, CourtneyAbidine said:

nope, nothing was given to them. just told them everything looked good and gave back the passport. they haven't gotten the email yet. 

Then there's not much they can do right now. It's possible that they need to do some background checks and more digging into information and they expect it to take a while so they handed the passport back. The e-mail could just state that the case is in AP and they will be contacted if they need anything from them.

But until they get the e-mail, there's not much they can do, what ever we say is just going to be pure speculation.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline

was mainly just curious if it had happened to anyone else before. they have been married over 4 years so didn't know if that mattered either. but thank you for your advice i will tell them! they don't have any computer or anything, more of an off grid couple lol

Timeline

So they should wait for the email and see what the embassy says, it could be the Famous DS5535 or they may ask him to send his passport to ARAMEX with additional documents, or maybe Casablanca Consulate changed the process. so let's wait for the email and keep us informed.

any additional information about their situation ? first time applying ? age gap? how many visits ? religion difference ? supporting themselves or do they have a joint sponsor ?

Good luck to them

Timeline
1 hour ago, CourtneyAbidine said:

hey guys! im asking for a friend that doesn't have this website. they had interview today and the interview guy told them everything looked great but gave him back their passport. told them to follow instructions in email. just confused as to why they not keep passport but told them things looked great. does it very based on how long they have been married?

I hope I am wrong, but this could be the DS-5535 form that they will email him to complete and submit.

Otherwise, just wait for the email and please let us know what happens. Best of luck to you in your Journey!

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Derik-Lina said:

I hope I am wrong, but this could be the DS-5535 form that they will email him to complete and submit.

Otherwise, just wait for the email and please let us know what happens. Best of luck to you in your Journey!

agree with this poster

another man from a northern city was told he was getting the visa and even given the "welcome to US letter and phamlet  instructions of what to do when he arrived here"   

he was told the visa would be issued in 2 weeks

he was:

teacher of English

paid by Moroccan government

clean reports

but the email came and he was told to fill out ds 5535 

2 months the USC petitioner recd email saying case is returned to the US

so,  our questions 

Do you live in Fes or north of Fes?

3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

agree with this poster

another man from a northern city was told he was getting the visa and even given the "welcome to US letter and phamlet  instructions of what to do when he arrived here"   

he was:

teacher of English

clean reports

so,  our questions 

We always ask this question, because of the issues historically in Fes, but how about East of Morocco? Is everyone in Fes getting this form just because they are from Fes?

So disappointing, you would think after four years of marriage that this would be enough to prove a relationship, then on the other hand, we have some couples getting approved with crazy red flags and things that are questionable coming up and get approvals. I will never understand the way things work at consulates, they have no system to things and makes absolutely zero sense to me.

2 hours ago, CourtneyAbidine said:

8 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

agree with this poster

he was:

teacher of English

clean reports

so,  our questions 

I agree with you Jeanne, this seems to be the DS form, so why in the world would they say all is good, blows my mind.

Timeline

Agree 

i have seen cases i would never approve and they did

and 2 cases that should have been above and beyond reproach

they have told one person his English was not good enough 

and another was approved who knew no English

one USC woman had to prove she owned a house for her and husband to live in

and a moroccan woman who didn't speak English was approved to come here and live in a rooming house her husband lived in with 3 other men

other cases just as strange

but seems all from Fes get the ds5535 

and it also worries me  as the one site to complain about this on facebook sounds like there is a lot of anger over this

Timeline
34 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Agree 

and a moroccan woman who didn't speak English was approved to come here and live in a rooming house her husband lived in with 3 other men

and it also worries me  as the one site to complain about this on facebook sounds like there is a lot of anger over this

My wife and I have given up on trying to understand how this entire Visa System works and how safe this system makes us here in the States. Some males with trips to Turkey, which borders Syria, with no English skills nor any skills get approved for K1 s with no DS-5535 forms- Extreme Vetting. Their K1 and CR1 visas are approved and in hand within days of the interview. Not to mention the petitioners are much older with no income and must use 2 and 3 sponsors to bring these young men. Meanwhile, Moroccan females, who ve never been outside their hometowns with college degrees and clean records, with spouses that can support them six times over, are handed the Ds-5535 for Extreme Vetting. 

Why? Only because they happened to be from one region, while the males are from another. Try to understand ...

Edited by Derik-Lina

Honest-Love-Respect

1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

Agree 

Yes, this is what I am referring to and it is really disconcerting to be completely honest.

Edited by Hobidyali

37 minutes ago, Derik-Lina said:

My wife and I have given up on trying to understand how this entire Visa System works and how safe this system makes us here in the States. Some males with trips to Turkey, which borders Syria, with no English skills nor any skills get approved for K1 s with no DS-5535 forms- Extreme Vetting. Their K1 and CR1 visas are approved and in hand within days of the interview. Not to mention the petitioners are much older with no income and must use 2 and 3 sponsors to bring these young men. Meanwhile, Moroccan females, who ve never been outside their hometowns with college degrees and clean records, with spouses that can support them six times over, are handed the Ds-5535 for Extreme Vetting. 

Why? Only because they happened to be from one region, while the males are from another. Try to understand ...

It all makes no sense, then we have some buffoons that are clearly in it for a GC , get handed their visas left and right, or couples so mismatched that just listening to their story or reading about it gives people whiplash, excuse me today everyone, I've just about had it with the inequality of it all.

Timeline
3 hours ago, lynn2018 said:

to answer the original post

if they didn't keep the passport

and said wait for an email,   the moroccan will more than likely see the email says "fill out the ds5535"

we hope not

but please let us know here what does happen as we are trying to understand and help others

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.