Y & J

Singapore PR (Malaysian) K1 Process (COC, Vaccinations, Packet 3)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi @Y & J! Again I truly appreciate all your help and I appologize for asking you a lot of questions. However, would you mind if I ask you for the packet 3 as per below

1. We will have to send the embassy the checklist documents through post right? 2. And do we have to submit original documents or copies should be fine? 

Furthermore, what will happen if I cant prepare for vaccinations before the medical screening? Will they postpone my process? 

Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by Hayley Ng
Edit

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, Y & J said:

for DS160 i paid using Online Sam Machine last time. Then printed out the receipt from there

I think there is a little confusion. There isn't a fee for the DS-160 form but their is a fee for the interview. Applicant creates a MRV payment receipt and submits that with their payment. Refer to the P3 of exact instructions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YpZUQHtUZZttVK_45a14mXWizl4rIlDz/view

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Hayley Ng said:

Hi @Y & J! Again I truly appreciate all your help and I appologize for asking you a lot of questions. However, would you mind if I ask you for the packet 3 as per below

1. We will have to send the embassy the checklist documents through post right? 2. And do we have to submit original documents or copies should be fine? 

Furthermore, what will happen if I cant prepare for vaccinations before the medical screening? Will they postpone my process? 

Thank you so much in advance!

P3 link is above.

Copies are fine for your documents. Refer to the P3 for additional information.

Not having the complete medical exam will garner a 221(g) until such time as all the information required to adjudicate your case is submitted.

Your return letter to the embassy ask for the completion of the medical. Maybe @A & J would have further knowledge concerning this topic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iNEw8W0RnzT5w1cLvOC0RtakpdZID1BO/view

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hi there, how do we receive the interview appointment after having mailed back the P3 checklist and other required documents? Do we get a mail consisting the appointment date or would they call us on the phone? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, SGLemon said:

Hi there, how do we receive the interview appointment after having mailed back the P3 checklist and other required documents? Do we get a mail consisting the appointment date or would they call us on the phone? 

I remember that time I received both email and mail.

Timeline
On 11/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, Y & J said:

I remember that time I received both email and mail.

I didn't receive any notification for the appointment date for more than a week since I have returned the checklist, so I wrote to the embassy. I just received a reply to make an appointment through their online appointment system. We canceled the original appointment because the letter in the packet states that K1 visa appointment cannot be made through the online booking system or call centre. But well, at least now there is a date. 

7 hours ago, SGLemon said:

I didn't receive any notification for the appointment date for more than a week since I have returned the checklist, so I wrote to the embassy. I just received a reply to make an appointment through their online appointment system. We canceled the original appointment because the letter in the packet states that K1 visa appointment cannot be made through the online booking system or call centre. But well, at least now there is a date. 

These are times when thing and process's change. It's good to know that finally you are getting an interview. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Can you complete your profile as it is not showing your country where your interview will take place? It helps other members help you. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
18 hours ago, SGLemon said:

I wrote to them to check if they received package forwarded from US only. Then for interview appointment I remember it was through email and mail notification. Maybe they have change the system now where you can make online appointment. So you get to choose the date you want too? I clearly remember I didnt get to choose, different from Travel B1/B2 Visa. Anyway good that you have a date now :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Y & J said:

I wrote to them to check if they received package forwarded from US only. Then for interview appointment I remember it was through email and mail notification. Maybe they have change the system now where you can make online appointment. So you get to choose the date you want too? I clearly remember I didnt get to choose, different from Travel B1/B2 Visa. Anyway good that you have a date now :)

We have actually booked an appointment using their online system first, as our US attorney filed the DS160 and advised to book the appointment. We realized later that we hadn't received the packet 3, so we cancelled the appointment and waited for the packet 3. When the CEAC status showed that our case is ready, the attorney advised to book the appointment again, and we did. Then, the packet 3 arrived. The letter in the packet 3 specifically states that K1 interview cannot be booked through the online booking system or the call centre, and that the appointment will only be given to us after they have received our acknowledgement and checklist. We canceled the booked appointment again and waited for the appointment, but we never received it in email nor mail. I decided to write to check as NVC had made a mistake with our email when sending the notification - we only received it through our attorney. That's when the embassy replied in email to book the appointment through the system. So, I am not sure if they have changed the appointment making system now. The appointment is quite far though, I guess it's because they have resumed most of the visa application processes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.