11 posts in this topic

I have applied i751 removal of conditions my husbands. I am a Us citizen. Its been 2 years my husband came to usa. It is a time to apply. I did apply send them documents. But they send it back to me. I got the letter saying rejection notice. On the rejecting letter they didnt say anything. Like what am i missing, so in that situation what should i do. His green card expired on 04/29/2019, plus me and my husband travailing outside of country for family emergency's. And will be return on 04/01/2019. In this situtation what should i do?? 

Edited by Sisam

5 minutes ago, Sisam said:

I have applied i751 removal of conditions my husbands. I am a Us citizen. Its been 2 years my husband came to usa. It is a time to apply. I did apply send them documents. But they send it back to me. I got the letter saying rejection notice. On the rejecting letter they didnt say anything. Like what am i missing, so in that situation what should i do. His green card expired on 04/29/2019, plus me and my husband travailing outside of country for family emergency's. And will be return on 04/01/2019. In this situtation what should i do?? 

Anyway you can post the letter here so we can find out why it was rejected? Take a picture with your phone or something 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Surely the reaction letter has a reason it was returned. A couple of things I can think of, you didn't include the correct amount of $680. When did they receive the original package? If they received on or before January 28th, you sent it too early.

Read the reaction letter again, they will have a reason for the return listed in the letter. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If his green card expires on April 29, 2019, you MAY potentially have sent it in too early.  The earliest your package can arrive at USCIS lockbox was January 29, 2019 (90 days prior).

If the date is correct, then you need to make sure the fee you sent in was correct, and the petition was signed by both you and your husband.

These three reasons are common “desk-reject” for I-751

15 minutes ago, Sisam said:

10 minutes ago, ch3john said:

Surely the reaction letter has a reason it was returned. A couple of things I can think of, you didn't include the correct amount of $680. When did they receive the original package? If they received on or before January 28th, you sent it too early.

Read the reaction letter again, they will have a reason for the return listed in the letter. 

I send them the Cashier check of 680. They received the package on 01/22/2019. It doesnt have any reason why they send it back. All they say was ''please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation. I check the application 3 times everything else is corrected. What should i do should i send the back again?? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Just now, Sisam said:

I send them the Cashier check of 680. They received the package on 01/22/2019. It doesnt have any reason why they send it back. All they say was ''please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation. I check the application 3 times everything else is corrected. What should i do should i send the back again?? 

Yes, send it back to them. You sent it too early, it has to arrive within 90 days of the GC expiration date. 

21 minutes ago, Sisam said:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sisam said:

You sent it in too early.  January 22 is more than 90 days prior to his card expiration.  You just need to resubmit the package anytime now.

Read my comment above.  That was the first reason I suspected you got rejected for.

1 minute ago, Sisam said:

01/02/2019 was too early. That’s why. Just send the whole thing back

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/conditional-permanent-residence/remove-conditions-permanent-residence-based-marriage

How to Apply to Remove the Conditions

"You and your spouse must apply together to remove the conditions on your residence by filing Form I-751. You should apply during the 90 days before your second anniversary as a conditional resident. The expiration date on your green card is also the date of your second anniversary as a conditional resident. If you do not apply to remove the conditions in time, you could lose your conditional resident status and be removed from the country."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.