rae24

B2 Overstay / 212 D 3 Waiver

22 posts in this topic

I think OP missed my point about no family in Schenegen - there is no overstay risk for schengen because no family there. So saying “I went to Europe and came back” is meaningless to a US official, who is worried about overstay in the US because you’ve done it already and you have family here, two big red flags that aren’t relevant to having a schengen visa.

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Being resident in Canada no doubt helped with Schenegen.

Agree, I traveled many times to schengen and never got a multiple entry. That does however mean I probably know the schengen visa form verbatim by now :D it also requires much more initial documentation than a US visa. And though all the forms are the same, some consulates are more lenient than others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, rae24 said:

I am a Canadian PR for 2 years now, I would like apply for a b2 visa again and the 212 d 3 waiver, I would like to get some info on the procedure of this.

I'm assuming your B2 visa was cancelled or already expired.  Apply for a B2 visa again, following the normal procedure.  No need for any additional form.  Bring all the documentation you can to show your strong ties to Canada.  During your interview, ask the visa officer for the process to apply for a 212(d)(3) waiver.  Note that even if you're allowed to apply for the waiver, there's no guarantee that you'll be given one.  I recommend getting Canadian citizenship first, to increase your chances of being granted a waiver.

Another option, though this might only apply after you get a Canadian passport: apply for the waiver with CBP at the border or a pre-clearance office.  You'll need to fill out form I-192.  Still need documentation to prove your strong ties to Canada.

Also, the case below is not exactly the same as yours but may give you some hope.  Good luck!

6 hours ago, gajbaldauri said:

YOU ARE A CITIZEN OF WHICH COUNTRY???🤔

Already answered by OP:

15 hours ago, rae24 said:

applied and of course like the usual supporting documents included. strong ties from your country of resident. Yes been there. i was given multiple entry.  Im from Philippines.

18 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I think OP missed my point about no family in Schenegen - there is no overstay risk for schengen because no family there. So saying “I went to Europe and came back” is meaningless to a US official, who is worried about overstay in the US because you’ve done it already and you have family here, two big red flags that aren’t relevant to having a schengen visa.

Agree, I traveled many times to schengen and never got a multiple entry. That does however mean I probably know the schengen visa form verbatim by now :D it also requires much more initial documentation than a US visa. And though all the forms are the same, some consulates are more lenient than others.

i was basing through experience, when i was still in my home country, I applied for US visa for the first time but it was denied, After that i was approved in Australia and UK visa (Both Multiple Entry) and re apply my US visa and  I was Granted 10Yrs M. Means to say that

you have capability to travel in the first world country aside from the US.  It's like applying for a visa again the way the process go on the waiver. It's my fourth time in the US when the overstay happened which i can explain that not intentionally. No harm in trying.

Thank you very much for the info

12 hours ago, Ate said:

I'm assuming your B2 visa was cancelled or already expired.  Apply for a B2 visa again, following the normal procedure.  No need for any additional form.  Bring all the documentation you can to show your strong ties to Canada.  During your interview, ask the visa officer for the process to apply for a 212(d)(3) waiver.  Note that even if you're allowed to apply for the waiver, there's no guarantee that you'll be given one.  I recommend getting Canadian citizenship first, to increase your chances of being granted a waiver.

Another option, though this might only apply after you get a Canadian passport: apply for the waiver with CBP at the border or a pre-clearance office.  You'll need to fill out form I-192.  Still need documentation to prove your strong ties to Canada.

Also, the case below is not exactly the same as yours but may give you some hope.  Good luck!

THank you

19 hours ago, Boiler said:

Being resident in Canada no doubt helped with Schenegen.

Yeah It helped, But before I came to Canada, When i was still resident in the Philippines I already have a visa from UK, Australia and US of course, all are Multiple Entry.

Thank you very much for all the info

Edited by rae24

21 minutes ago, rae24 said:

i was basing through experience, when i was still in my home country, I applied for US visa for the first time but it was denied, After that i was approved in Australia and UK visa (Both Multiple Entry) and re apply my US visa and  I was Granted 10Yrs M. Means to say that

you have capability to travel in the first world country aside from the US.  It's like applying for a visa again the way the process go on the waiver. It's my fourth time in the US when the overstay happened which i can explain that not intentionally. No harm in trying.

Thank you very much for the info

THank you

1. All that other traveling stuff got invalidated in US eyes the day you overstayed. 

2. Even real unintentional overstays (example: flight cancelled due to weather) have consequences. You “unintentionally” overstayed for over a year? 

3. Yes, no harm in trying. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.